Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay on top of the CRA !!!

+23
DeeCee
devans156
loggie
beleaf67
PipperNavy
birdgunner
Hab2013
froggie2u36
abetterway
Nemo
peep
liverlover
sabrelove
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Newfie
pinger
K9
RCN-Retired
Sapper Zodiak
Rifleman
27 posters

Page 26 of 65 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 45 ... 65  Next

Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 26 Empty Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by Sapper Zodiak Fri 11 Jul 2014, 12:41

Uh Nav...while you were away our country has been overthrown by "damned dirty apes"! I'll meet you at the airport and we will head back to your island in the sun. You did leave some rum and cigars?
Hope you had a nice vacation.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jul 2014, 09:24

2weeks, lots left, a nice place, filled with veterans and No CRA, lol

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Thu 10 Jul 2014, 22:09

There any beer and cigars left down? You been there an awful long time Nav.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014, 19:34

Dawn of the planet of the Apes , tomorrow , can't wait, get back from Cuba afternoon , at the theatre at night! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 09 Jul 2014, 12:46

Chinup RCN...steady as she goes...I called my MP Port Alberni/Nanaimo..Dr. James Lunney, who seemed to get some results for me. I had waited almost the same amount of time, called him, and my file was completed the next week. Coincidence...who knows. But done anyway. Good luck.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Wed 09 Jul 2014, 00:31

Thanks Digger, indeed there have been stories posted of some real issues.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jul 2014, 09:54

Try not to worry RCN if you can help it. I think in this case no news isn't bad news RCN. I would take from the delay that they are over inundated at this point with returns and nothing is amiss with your return. I would get some comfort at least in knowing your file is "received" as some have gone astray and have to be resubmitted. Hang in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Tue 08 Jul 2014, 01:09

Well 75 days and counting, cannot get past the CRA gate troll, and all they tell me is they have my return and it is being worked on. This is really starting to concern me because my file indicates "received" since mid June. These government folks just do not get the stress they are causing to so many veterans that have filed and waiting to see how bad the GOC is going to screw us again.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Jul 2014, 15:18

Randy,

if I read your post correctly your wife has to wait until the CRA has completed the reassessment on her return, as you stated she has sent out a T1 Adjustment, this can take awhile, so no sending of a new T1 adj for her until she receives her reassessment.

As far as you getting a reassessment notice, it would state the actions of the reassessment.

If both of you have sent in separate returns , each of you should get and assessment notice, and or reassessment notice if applicable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Jul 2014, 15:01

Not sure on the T1 adj forms but I believe that both you and your spouses taxes are processed independent from one another at least that was what I was told by accountant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jul 2014, 21:27

CRA did not use the T1198 form to adjust my wifes taxes so my wife sent in a T1 Adjustment form with the T1198 and CRA sent me a reassessment notice that I paid all my taxes. Is this the correct procedure that CRA processes both husband and wifes taxes or is this completely wrong and she will have to send in another T1 adjustment form? If she does have to resubmit what goes into section C on the T1 adjustment form? I know I seen it on this site but I can not seem to find it now and I did not keep a copy of the first one that I sent in for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jul 2014, 05:37

ya the thing about deemed tax is that it only applies to the 1198 calculations so they never would have been charged on the initial return as that is done for one year not past years im pretty sure most understood this from the get go. these deemed tax are actually developed for people in our situation so they have every right to charge them .is it fair? no way but that's the system that exists. im sure they could have not charged them and I was hoping for that but whenever the GOC has a right and means to dig its hands in your pockets welllll you know what usually happens so that hope was more guarded optimism at best.

yup he told me the same thing he told teen if I recall the key word correctly he said he brought up the subject of " tax neutrality " though he never did get into the specifics of that. was it a deemed tax waiver ? a true class notional top up? a true delayed individual notional top up? ore any other mechanism you can think of welllll who the frack knows?????

their was three parties with financial interests in this case the GOC , the legal team , and us .

two of these were at the bargaining table.

neither of these two parties would have got a piece of a deemed tax waiver but both would get a piece of a top up. so I was by no means surprised by a top up as it was expected. I was quite surprised by the amount.

was a deemed tax waiver even brought up???

I suppose its possible.

if ya put a couple of foxes in the hen house for the evening and come up a few chickens short come morning did they find a way out and fly the coupe?????

I suppose its possible.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 18:44

It sure is nice to see the continuing sharing of info and different points of view here on CSAT.

If I may just give my perspective on how I view this whole tax ordeal with respect to the 1198, and Deemed taxes applied to it.

First off we were not charged any Deemed taxes on our original tax return, as we all know this by now.
We are now at the point of the (after the fact of our original return) which is obviously the completion of our 1198's by the CRA.

Now what teen has described is the way I see it, and or understand it.
The Law firm did indeed bring up the Deemed tax issue, but was put in the following situation :
For the Law firm to continue and fight for this issue, they would have put the whole payout process in jeopardy,
adding more time to the process, and perhaps even at the end of the day, not being able to get for us what we have today.  
So yes it would have been nice to see some sort of agreement stating some sort of acknowledgment by the GOC
to at least give the CRA a heads up as to the way they handle our 1198's.
Bottom line here is that the Law firm was put in this situation, and made their decision not to pursue it further
as to not jeopardize the payout as it stands today.

I was under the understanding that Deemed taxes were sometimes charged when completing the 1198's, but not always.
Taken into account that they would be applying these taxes to disabled Veterans,
I honestly thought that they would not charge us any, let alone take into account that this money was held back
through no fault of our own.
It has become crystal clear that the CRA was not given a heads up about our 1198's, the bypassing of so many
members not getting their 1198 completed is a good example of this.
Furthermore it is my understanding that the individuals doing our 1198's have no clue that we are disabled Veterans.

So what do we do now,

propat has given some excellent advice on the matter, and even provided a sample guide for us, advice that I will be pursuing.
I am thinking that the tax relief department is going to have their hands full with this one.

My advice, make photo copies of both your calculation sheet, and relief form before you submit them.
If you get denied relief, FIRE ANOTHER ONE OFF IN THE MAIL, keep doing this as long as you still have the fight within you.
Don't know of any Laws preventing us from doing this, and I really don't care.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 12:56

yes teen and I have no problem at all paying my FAIR share of taxes its the price we pay to live in the greatest country in the world and anyone who has been in the places ive been would no doubt agree . however when I have to pay more than my fair share for two unjust reasons.

1.im disabled (because I was doing my job for this government overseas)

2. the LTD benefits I was rightfully due were illegally withheld by this very government.

not valid reasons in any way shape ore form for charging anyone more than their fair share of taxes this I take great exception to.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 01 Jul 2014, 12:08

We sometimes forget, and I'm not defending the law firm or the lawyers, when it comes to taxes ANY GoC loves them and has absolutely no feckn' idea how taxes impact Canadian's lives! So they will never sway from not taxing us!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 65 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 45 ... 65  Next