Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay on top of the CRA !!!

+23
DeeCee
devans156
loggie
beleaf67
PipperNavy
birdgunner
Hab2013
froggie2u36
abetterway
Nemo
peep
liverlover
sabrelove
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Newfie
pinger
K9
RCN-Retired
Sapper Zodiak
Rifleman
27 posters

Page 48 of 65 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 56 ... 65  Next

Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 48 Empty Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by Guest Thu 15 May 2014, 08:34

Congratulation's Navster ~ ditto to what RR said lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 May 2014, 08:13

FUVKING A NAV YA OLE PRIK LOL Congrats my friend and now rest and relax you've earned that much

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 May 2014, 04:02

Direct deposit 38900.54 """""
Confirmed......
Sisip saga..............finished
Navrat........ Completed

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Sun 11 May 2014, 23:32

Glad that the 1198 was used in your case Digger, let's hope to when you get your return back that more good news will be there for you.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 48 Empty Canada Revenue Warning

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 21:09

Fraudulent emails and phone calls have been reported to CRA – Protect yourself! With so many of us Veterans concerned with our Taxes we should be aware of the warning from CRA below.

The CRA is warning Canadians that fraudulent emails and phone calls purporting to be from the Agency are currently being reported. Find out more about these scams and learn how you can protect yourself.

As described on CRA website http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html ~ read the FIND OUT MORE link for details

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 21:01

Does CRA work weekends?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 16:24

Thanks everyone

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 11 May 2014, 14:42

Thanks digger for the clarification about your RRSP's. My retro was for 2006-2007, but didn't have any RRSP's, so hopefully I will still get a refund, or at least a smaller amount owing in taxes.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 14:23

i agree much appreciated Digger and I echo Sapper you do car as always

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sun 11 May 2014, 14:06

Good post Digger. Thanks for sharing...it means you care about others...and there are two sides to the coin. Every situation differs in tax matters, but those who may have similar claims can learn from you on here.
Have a nice day.
Vancouver Island Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 13:23

Thanks propat. I will for sure check when the calculation sheet comes in. Fortunately spouse did not have to pay and received a refund so that is positive. Not sure what I would do without everyone on Csat aiding and abetting each other with this and others matters  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 13:18

digger good post by if I may? I would like to still recommend you double check the 1198 calculation sheet when you receive it just to meke sure they made no errors in the calculation.

just a subjection id like to throw out there as I am actually assuming you are going to do this anyway.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 12:29

Update to my post ~ I made a mistake about my spouse's Notice of Assessment. CRA did in fact use the Form 1198. I read the assessment incorrectly. What the Notice of Assessment said is the following:
"Based on the information provided, you received a retroactive lump sum payment in 2013. This payment was to compensate you for payments you did not receive earlier. Since you received the payment for this reason, it is eligible for a special tax calculation. We do this calculation to see if it is better for you to include the payment in your income for 2013 or for the year to which the payment applies. In your case, it is to your advantage to include the full amount of the payment in your 2013 income. We will send you a later giving details of the special tax calculation."

My error was that I scanned the Notice of Assessment rather than read it thoroughly and because I did not see Form 1198 in the paragraph I made the assumption it was not done however it was done.

I post this for two reasons, firstly as not to cause undue anxiety for us thinking CRA is making errors  and secondly to demonstrate the 1198 does not always benefit the client. I will say my spouse received a two year retro payment 2006-2008 and other than his military pension to date and small DVA pension, he had no income to claim. However during the 2006-2008 years when we were both med released simultaneously, we cashed out RRSP's adjusting to restricted income post release so that put our income higher for those two years which is why the 1198 was not beneficial. I don't like to post personal details but felt it important to explain the reasons why the 1198 did not work for spouse. I am still waiting for my 1198 to be processed. I am a 7 year retro client so hopefully the 1198 will aid me as I paid 15K in taxes last month.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 May 2014, 22:44

prior to making any payment I filed and was assessed a payment owing in the amount of 33741.16 and after I payed the above said amount my account balance was 0 (zero), now I am waiting for the T1 Adjustment to be completed so I can see if I get or it stays the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 May 2014, 21:08

Thanks liverlover, I too am no forensic accountant and paid dearly for professional accountant to do my return however in keeping ahead of the CRA I too was watching. The figures match my tax slips as well, I was just concerned about the "Boxes" but if you say those were the boxes used for your return on My Account then I am not worried anymore. Thanks and you take care as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 65 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 56 ... 65  Next