Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay on top of the CRA !!!

+23
DeeCee
devans156
loggie
beleaf67
PipperNavy
birdgunner
Hab2013
froggie2u36
abetterway
Nemo
peep
liverlover
sabrelove
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Newfie
pinger
K9
RCN-Retired
Sapper Zodiak
Rifleman
27 posters

Page 57 of 65 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 61 ... 65  Next

Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 57 Empty Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by Guest Thu 01 May 2014, 13:47

boys EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE should be asking for their 1198 calculations after their taxes are complete its the only way to know for sure.

allways question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 May 2014, 13:30

That's the question, what if they error on the t1198 or just say it doesn't benefit you, what then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 May 2014, 12:42

Navrat, I can confirm that they, ( THE CRA ) have electronically sent out a ticket on my behalf.

Also, it's unfortunate but the only way to solve a problem that may arise with respect to our 2013 taxes, is to take control ourselves, as they will not pick up, and or act on any mistake, unless of course if the mistake involves us paying more money to them, in that case they will pick up and act on it quickly.

When I get and agent on the phone that says, oh it's to early to know anything, call back next Week, in Two Weeks, so on , and so on.
Or if I get and agent that simply can't assist me for whatever reason, I say thank you, hang up , and call again, I will keep calling all day if I have to, until someone is willing to help me out.
It is of my surprise to learn that most agents I talk to, have no clue what a T1198 is.

I do not believe for one minute that they lost your 1198, they saw it, ignored it, assessed your return thinking that you would just sit quiet, and except the status quo.
I do believe that some agents just don't know what to do, and process it to get it through.
Having said that, I do not think it's fair to say that the CRA in general is incompetent, as it has been showed from some members that they were well looked after from the CRA with respect to procession and assessing their returns which included their 1198 calculations.
So job well done by those CRA agents.
I am trying very hard to get the word out to the CRA about some problems involving them doing our 1198 calculations, however it is a difficult task to accomplish,
as many have no clue what a T1198 is.
They don't seam to understand the impact of our 1198, who wants to wait for them to take action, their mistake, they should be on it asap.
They should also make and attempt to contact us to keep us up to date on what is going on with the problem.

I for one will not sit by and except the status quo, come hell or high water, I will see this to the end.

One other thing that is bothering me, they made and error on my return, which resulted in me not having my 1198 calculations done, which resulted in me paying the full balance owing.
" WHO IS TO SAY THAT THEY WON'T ERROR IN CALCULATING MY T1198 "

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 May 2014, 09:06

They don't care

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 May 2014, 09:04

That is true, and I don't believe them about the ticket for one minute! I called and the lady said we don't have tickets , to check the status, then she passed me over to another person who said the ticket number I referred to was the agent id number so once again she took down all the information regarding the form 1198 and emailed it to the tax centre . But after the first time I called they said I had no record of me calling so the lady just sat there and pretended to do something but just listened to me and after we got off the phone just closed the computer screen on my file. It's the worse system. I have mailed my form 1198 to every tax centre in Canada just so by chance one of them gets it right

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 May 2014, 08:34

For those that have and amount owing to the CRA, today would be a good day to check your account balance.

Navrat, it's a full time job staying on top of the CRA, but it must be done, as it is becoming clear by each passing day that we are the only ones that will act upon it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Apr 2014, 17:49

same story here sapper my friend same damn story, they were quicker in sending my notice of assessment than conducting a T1 Adjustment told up to 12 weeks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 30 Apr 2014, 15:53

Called CRA first thing this morning, only to be told NOT RECEIVED YET. The agent said my file is most likely in but not marked yet. Wait another week and call back(completed taxes on march 18th). Ran to the bank to pay my tax bill at the last minute, begrudgingly. What is up with Revenue Canada?
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Apr 2014, 09:05

Trooper, don't always believe those on the phone I had nothi g entered   
On mine. I had to explain it all over again, they don't give a shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Apr 2014, 18:13

no problem pinger ive been bringing it up for years now and will continue to every time someone asks because most people are never told. a lot are even discouraged by telling them it will effect you pension as I was. thank god im the type to question authority and found the truth.

IF YOU ARE DISABLED AND CAN NO LONGER WORK APPLY FOR CPPD NOW.

allways question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 29 Apr 2014, 15:59

Just an update. I went to the CPP office this morning.

The impact of being approved for CPP(D) ? THEY USE AVERAGING.
Got it from the horses mouth. In a nutshell, if you contribute to CPP from whatever your service, job, or income...
it is offset (their calculations) by the years you do not.
Like getting disabled and not making contributions. But if your approved for CPP(D), your prior contributions are not depleted.

Example #1...20 years contributing + 20 years not contributing = 10 years when you hit 65. Cut in half.

Example #2...20 years contributing + CPP(D) approval = 20 years at 65 and not depleted by their averaging.

Do the math, it ain't hard given ones age and/or contributions but has a much larger impact on those that are younger.
It's proportional.

Everyones situation can be different. My own old pa pension I assume is in the cross-hairs albeit non-taxable..

propat, tx for bring this to the forefront.... applyapplyapply.  pinger.

Rock the Hill.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Apr 2014, 15:22

Good job Navrat, and I am sorry to hear that happen to you.

With the ticket in place, which I might add is to be sent to the centre that assessed your return in the first place, you will now be able to follow what the status is.

Mine was sent last Week, it takes a couple of days for them to acknowledge receiving it.

I call each and every day to ask for the status on mine.

So far I know that my tax centre has received the ticket.
I also know that it is now being looked at, action being taken if you will.
It is to early yet to confirm that they are reassessing it via my ticket status, but my accountant has contacted them, and they reassured her that they will be reassessing my return,and calculating my T1198, however that may take some time to complete.

Yesterday I paid out my balance owing, this was north of $50000, after paying it, I had a numb feeling thinking that I did everything right, and what I could not get out of my mind was, what if my T1198 turns out to benefit me, I will get the refund, but I would not have to pay such a large amount up front, if this error did not occur.
Perhaps even a refund to boot LOL.

I could not sleep last night thinking about this, I am a pretty understanding person, but this has brought out the anger in me.
I have also requested a written response explaining the error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Apr 2014, 12:36

Got the ticket and I sent a message to my MOP Diane Finnely, I also sent a copy of my form 1198 to tax centre via Canada Post express

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Apr 2014, 09:34

Navrat, as you stated your lump sum is showing in box 104 in your ( assessed return in your account ) and your lump sum is also in box 104 of your paper return that you have submitted to them.

This is a complete lack of competence on the part of the CRA, all returns with lump sum's in box 104 are to be flaged and sent for special calculations.
This is ' AUTOMATIC " regardless if you sent in the T1198 form or not.
Your return should have not been assessed, if they are saying that your 1198 was not in your package, they should have put your return aside, and request a copy of your 1198, which by the way can be faxed to them.
Just like I thought, some are not qualified to handle the 1198, and they are just pushing them through, now I think the only way to address this at this point is to contact someone like Peter Stoffer who has the ability to contact the minister and have and internal investigation into the matter ASAP.
It has become clear that the CRA itself is not rectifying this problem, as it is not their money, and they don't give a dam.

How to fix the problem, contact and agent to have them complete a ticket on your behalf, you may have to call several agents for this procedure as many do not know about this procedure.
When you do reach one that will do this for you, make sure you record every detail about the agent, and all the info that was sent in the ticket.
In the ticket you will ask for them to reassess your 2013 taxes to include the T1198.
Tell them that you have sent it in, and the CRA lost it, and now you have been bypassed from receiving the 1198 calculations.
This way you will be able to follow the reassessment, and whatever info that they are missing, they will contact you by phone and ask you to send it to them via fax.
Any other method, may, and I stress may, complicate matters even more for you.
Whatever you do, do not take their word for it, get it on paper, get a ticket.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Apr 2014, 08:47

It isn't like the GoC did not know this was going to occur at the CRA level due to law suit results. They clearly did not take any consideration when staffing the tax centres or advising centres of the T1198 implications. No excuse in my opinion. To be clear, it would have only taken a sit rep and a remedial class on how to process these tax returns. It isn't rocket science.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 57 of 65 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 61 ... 65  Next