Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16 WEEKS TURN AROUND TIME - DISABILITY AWARD APPLICATION - QUESTION

4 posters

Go down

16 WEEKS TURN AROUND TIME - DISABILITY AWARD APPLICATION - QUESTION Empty Re: 16 WEEKS TURN AROUND TIME - DISABILITY AWARD APPLICATION - QUESTION

Post by prawnstar Mon 26 May 2014, 10:44

pinger wrote:Here are some transit times. They are not since the generic "16 weeks" letter rather from their datestamps of application received in their office to my effective approval dates thats my benchmark hope it helps ya?
Old PA: 6 months and 4 months.
New NVC: 7 months and 5 months.
Think I forgot one but didn't include the denials... 3 or 4.

My memory (?) tells me I recall since a 16 week letter was 2 -4 months.
I remember chompin' on the bit, casing out the mailman (shoot the messenger) and the mailbox. All in good time cosmo 2 - 4 months and don't look at the calender too too much it drove me nuts. pinger.

Rock the Hill.
Hey Pinger I was the same way. After about 12 weeks I was waiting for that postie every day getting more and more anxious every day. I called my CM and asked her to advise me when it was a done deal and she did. Total time 14 weeks in 2012.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

16 WEEKS TURN AROUND TIME - DISABILITY AWARD APPLICATION - QUESTION Empty Re: 16 WEEKS TURN AROUND TIME - DISABILITY AWARD APPLICATION - QUESTION

Post by cosmo12 Sun 25 May 2014, 22:57

thanks guys for the input, it is very depressing to ear - called a few time and they make you feel pretty cheap like a bs sometimes. Well nothing i can do about it. I really like this forum - we help eachother - i will keep you posted for my turnaround time. For my PIA it was very fast (3 weeks). Will see I am going at the 4 weeks mark. Take care guys and Rock the Hill :-)

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 25 May 2014, 21:10

Yes, the so called reduced wait times of 16 weeks, is just more bureaucratic smoke and mirrors. Under the Pension Act, VAC had a 24 week to provide an answer, and that clock started from the day you contacted VAC to inform them of a disability, even if by phone. My first pensioned condition was back dated to the day I called and requested a disability application be mailed out to me, and I still received my answer within 5 months. Now compared to my last application under the NVC, it took over 43 weeks, only to be denied, because the 16 weeks only starts when your file is sent to HQ, and there is no set timeframe for the regional offices to send the file.
And this was before they fired a bunch staffers and closed the offices, adding several thousands of clients to my regional office.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 25 May 2014, 20:10

Here are some transit times. They are not since the generic "16 weeks" letter rather from their datestamps of application received in their office to my effective approval dates thats my benchmark hope it helps ya?
Old PA: 6 months and 4 months.
New NVC: 7 months and 5 months.
Think I forgot one but didn't include the denials... 3 or 4.

My memory (?) tells me I recall since a 16 week letter was 2 -4 months.
I remember chompin' on the bit, casing out the mailman (shoot the messenger) and the mailbox. All in good time cosmo 2 - 4 months and don't look at the calender too too much it drove me nuts. pinger.

Rock the Hill.

Last edited by pinger on Sun 25 May 2014, 20:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : little typo)
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 May 2014, 19:12

a little over 12 weeks buds.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Sat 24 May 2014, 18:56

thanks propat - how long did you wait ?

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 May 2014, 18:50

cosmo yes I have but some have waited longer as well.

propat

Back to top Go down

16 WEEKS TURN AROUND TIME - DISABILITY AWARD APPLICATION - QUESTION Empty 16 WEEKS TURN AROUND TIME - DISABILITY AWARD APPLICATION - QUESTION

Post by cosmo12 Sat 24 May 2014, 18:45

Hi guys;

Is there anyone out there that had their decision letter before the 16 weeks time ?

Thanks for the advise

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum