Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reconsideration Letter Question

+13
bosn181
AirLog
Willie
1sea0shell33
Rifleman
Newf
1993firebird
pinger
Sapper Zodiak
johnny211
bigrex
Teentitan
Dannypaj
17 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Reconsideration Letter Question - Page 3 Empty Re: Reconsideration Letter Question

Post by czerv Fri 26 Jan 2018, 13:48

AirLog, skipp the appeal. Get in touch with Ombudsman and cc Minister of Veterans.

That is what I would do.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Reconsideration Letter Question - Page 3 Empty Re: Reconsideration Letter Question

Post by AirLog Fri 26 Jan 2018, 12:54

Just found out that I was denied my CIA (first application) as I didn't meet the criteria of permanent and severe disability. I am 109% and climbing with a limited life expectancy (cancer). Not sure if I should appeal this one.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Fri 26 Jan 2018, 11:41

hope you all get the answers you need. as for waiting if you live close to a vac office you can normally go to the office and they can tell you face to face they don't like to give the answers over the phone.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Fri 26 Jan 2018, 11:23

Good for you Dannypaj,

My "Application Status" also changed today. My CIA application is now complete. I applied June 08, 2017 so 33 weeks for a decision. Not sure if this is a letter that VAC will post to our inbox or not or we have to wait for a hard copy to arrive by Canada Post. Perhaps BigRex or By the Bay knows the answer.

AirLog.

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 26 Jan 2018, 05:53

They have made a decision in my case.
My CIA(s) is complete and I should have word of the outcome soon (as per myVAC Account).
Thank you everyone on these forums for the moral and mental support.
P.s
1. Career impact allowance June 24, 2013  application date (DENIED and fought two years to have approved?) Cost savings
2. Career impact allowance (supplement) June 15, 2017 application date (Now let see if they discriminate due to my age, as per my conversation with my CMO).
Cost saving & back to wherever they see me fit to work?

Stressful times.
I have been in limbo since 1998, waiting for the control tower to give me permission oh' to live my life without having to worry about being financially burdened, again.

But who knows with the current circus that is currently in Ottawa and what sort of show they are going to put on.
In the end, is it fooling anyone?

Anyway let's hope they took enough of my time and their
time and got it right.; at least this part right.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Fri 26 Jan 2018, 14:31; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 06 Jul 2017, 10:57

Sea what I mean folks
Bigrex, some people would of accepted that argument by the board (and probably many have) and would of limped away in total disbelief, but accepting the decision as gospel.
Best advice:
You're your best advocate.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 06 Jul 2017, 10:27

It is true. I was injured during part ship hands, but was initially denied because bringing the ship alongside isn't in the trade description, so they stated that even though I was on ship at sea, I was not "on duty". That was overturned at appeal.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 06 Jul 2017, 07:15

Trooper, they kicked 6 off duty guys out of the forces (I understand why), but come on, now you have this poor sailor thinking to him or herself well when am I on or off duty.
You are dammed if you do/dammed if you don't.
I was in full uniform and injured with all the evidence one needs and medical documents to support my case, but yet.....
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 06 Jul 2017, 07:07

A year later, a review panel denied him again, concluding the former sailor “was not on duty or in the performance of any service-related activities at the time of the assault in 1988.”

See what I mean, double standards, picking and choosing.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jul 2017, 07:07

Dannypaj wrote:After what has transpired over the week, I am thinking about  a Ministerial review of my case.
I was injured full stop, in uniform and there is no two ways of getting around this now.  
You are on duty 24/7, this was clearly demonstrated this week; and we all witnessed what happens to one's career if out of line, in or out of uniform.
So, why award someone 1/5 for an injury and state you were not on duty at the time, therefor we are withholding 4/5th?
Doesn't make any sense...but who am I to judge VRAB.
Any advice, or am I just plane wrong...People! This isn't the military, you can point out my faults, I don't mind and quite frankly, I like to hear peoples opinions....
They are like A...Holes, everyone has one...anyway, a lot of news this week! Lot of us are all probably scratching our noggins at this moment.

As it stands today in order to qualify for a disability benefit from Veterans Affairs Canada, you need be able to show that the condition or disability is related to your service.

Last edited by Trooper on Thu 06 Jul 2017, 07:09; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 06 Jul 2017, 06:52

After what has transpired over the week, I am thinking about  a Ministerial review of my case.
I was injured full stop, in uniform and there is no two ways of getting around this now.  
You are on duty 24/7, this was clearly demonstrated this week; and we all witnessed what happens to one's career if out of line, in or out of uniform.
So, why award someone 1/5 for an injury and state you were not on duty at the time, therefor we are withholding 4/5th?
Doesn't make any sense...but who am I to judge VRAB.
Any advice, or am I just plane wrong...People! This isn't the military, you can point out my faults, I don't mind and quite frankly, I like to hear peoples opinions....
They are like A...Holes, everyone has one...anyway, a lot of news this week! Lot of us are all probably scratching our noggins at this moment.

https://www.localxpress.ca/local-news/former-sailor-with-ptsd-denied-compassionate-award-for-financial-hardship-636230

Who's on duty?
We are all on duty! Even when you shed that "jersey" uniform, your still a trained CF member.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 13 Jun 2017, 09:46

Finally resolution on my Reconsideration Letter.
Reassessment complete.
All I can say is, "thank god that this is finally over!"
I smiled today and shed a tear at the same time oddly enough.
Fighting a system that puts people in tears is incomprehensible.
But today I smiled, this could be a good sign that more good things for the troops are to come.

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Mar 2017, 10:07

Good luck Danny, I hope it all works out for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 02 Mar 2017, 07:40

Hopefully before the 16 week time period hope all goes well Danny hang in there take care brother

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 02 Mar 2017, 04:42

Now to keep an eye on my Vac account for the next 112 days, maybe more, maybe less, but progress to say the least.

Step 3
Your assessment / reassessment is at the decision making level. All your supporting documentation was received on February 24, 2017. We strive to provide a decision within 16 weeks, however, we are currently experiencing a higher than normal volume of requests.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next