Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government of Canada launches service excellence plan for Veterans

+5
pinger
Nemo
bigrex
Recon031
Teentitan
9 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Government of Canada launches service excellence plan for Veterans - Page 2 Empty Re: Government of Canada launches service excellence plan for Veterans

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 18:45

lol @ pinger ya got that right . so I guess you are saying even if we get really really close we may just end up with nothing but a handful of s%#t.

propat

Back to top Go down

Government of Canada launches service excellence plan for Veterans - Page 2 Empty Re: Government of Canada launches service excellence plan for Veterans

Post by pinger Thu 16 Apr 2015, 18:12

It gets worse propat. Kinda like "pin the tail on the donkey" Were all blindfolded and three donkeys are doing donuts around us all. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 17:21

lmao @ wild thing . dunno yet buds but its starting to look like the cons are out.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 17:18

As long as your not voting harper or trudeau i got your back buddy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 17:04

or until vets start voting in block on mass .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 16:51

This whole situation is bulls**t but it is interesting to hear all sorts of opinions sadly not every body is on the same page or willing to step to the plate. goc will continue to ignore deny and degrade until we have some sort of union that all serving members and vets put their support behind 100% until then were all FRACKED!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 11:23

All bulls**t

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 10:59

I could have retrained my self on sisip without extra funding by them so i sure could have done it on a full pension. the way it needs to be looked at is i want to make my own decisions not having someone tell me what to do and when to do it and what time frame to do it in. It is my life my decisions. no goverment employee should have the right to dictate my life.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 16 Apr 2015, 10:23

The best way they could do it, would be to change ELB so that it is automatically given to every medically released member, and completely get rid of SISIP. It would be the best way to ensure that every disabled Veteran is a VAC client, regardless of how they became disabled and it would save the government money, because they wouldn't have to pay Manulife anymore. VAC employees are going to be paid whether there is 10 ELB recipients or 10000. So get rid of SISIP and put the SISIP funds into the VAC budget. Then every medically released member gets ELB for 24 months, or longer if enrolled school, EELB would then be available to ALL severely disabled Veterans who are deemed TPI, and PIA/PIAS would be reserved for those whose disabilities were service related.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 09:12

Personally i agree with you Trooper. What i would like to see is all medically released vets get a full pension at a rate of no less than 4 yr corporal and any rank above that at their pay scale that would give a soldier both dignity and pride for having served. after all we never broke our contract why are we being punished for our sacrafice. special needs over and above could go through a small separate claims division. 4000 plus civi's at va is just eating up money that should be paid to vets. It would cost tax payers a hell of a lot less and soldiers them selves could contribute to it instead of sisip. This va is just one big bullshit make work project for civis it has nothing to do with helping vets really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Apr 2015, 20:02

In my own personal opinion, the NVC - VC, will never, never, come close to the old pension act.

As time goes on I truly believe that as more and more people educate themselves on the difference between the old act an the NVC , the more the people will be asking for the old act to be reinstated.

What needs to happen here is people have to except the fact that the NVC does offer great benefits, but the thing is these great benefits are not in itself proof that the NVC is even close to the old act.
I think it's important for everyone to be able to show how they feel about the NVC - versus the old act, rather their for it, or against it, I think it's equally important for people that don't support it to show facts as to why they don't support it, facts that comes in the form of factual numbers over a period of time, and self confidence of security over a period of time.
The same goes for those who advocate for the NVC - I think you can implement 1000 new benefits, you can move on our file, you can say- or show that your best interest is for Veterans that's all fine, but like those who oppose the NVC you need to show factual numbers of what a Veteran is receiving on a Monthly basis (taxed or tax free) showing that the NVC numbers are equal or better than those on the old act.
So far for me according to my calculator, the NVC does not come close to the old pension act.

And what's up with putting medically released Veterans back to work when their medically released ?
It's not like the military has five different trades, if they cannot fit into any of all of the trades in the military, they are booted out medically because they no longer are able to answer the combat call, the very call that distinguishes the Veterans duty against those duties of all civilian counterpart, so why treat us like civilians ?
We did our part by serving our Country, revert back to the old pension act and let Veterans decide for themselves if they want to continue to work or not, don't make it seem that your doing us a favour by trying to find work for us by way of the NVC as we all know full well that this help could have been implemented to the old act as a option to the Veteran, if the Veteran wanted the help, not as a persuasion, as an option.

Again, this is only my own controversial opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Apr 2015, 18:55

AGREED!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Apr 2015, 18:39

This says it all. There's no real change with this government not on your life. It's sad because I believe a lot of veteran advocates believed what he was saying but it's the same product just different wrapper! Don't be fooled again maybe no party will change the NVC but Harper does not deserve the veterans vote, not at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Wed 15 Apr 2015, 18:34

Here is the ministers thoughts on NVC "Vets charter misunderstood, minister says"

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5559397-vets-charter-misunderstood-minister-says/

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Apr 2015, 23:51

oh no buds it will not be fixed and yes its a stretch because I don't think the GOC will want to give up much ground they gained on their war on vets .

but hey if we can get back the ground we lost in 06 that's a start.

ya just cant keep fighting while you are bleeding out otherwise you will not just become useless but in fact a hindrance.

I guess what im saying is before we carry on with the fight we just gotta stop the bleeding.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next