Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government of Canada launches service excellence plan for Veterans

+5
pinger
Nemo
bigrex
Recon031
Teentitan
9 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Government of Canada launches service excellence plan for Veterans - Page 3 Empty Re: Government of Canada launches service excellence plan for Veterans

Post by pinger Tue 14 Apr 2015, 22:54

Propat, I agree with you whole heartedly. End the buy out. Better yet, axe nvc, and compliment the best parts of it with old pa. Especially for new young veterans.

So, say that all happens (and it's a real stretch). It's definitely an improvement.
No more nvc and everyone lives happily ever after (somewhat). Is vac fixed? NO! 
vac will remain the bureacracy it always has been. un-fixable. pinger,
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Government of Canada launches service excellence plan for Veterans - Page 3 Empty Re: Government of Canada launches service excellence plan for Veterans

Post by Guest Tue 14 Apr 2015, 20:24

pinger the thing is how can we improve benefits if we cant get back what they have taken from us ???? trying to get improvements that get 10% back of what they took is just going in the wrong direction I mean really ; is that improvement?????

if we keep letting them take a pile and be happy when they give us a small part of that back when they feel a close election coming that's not going forward that's going backward in a big fracking hurry.

how do we get all disabled vets to be treated equal ???

just END THE FRACKIN BUYOUT !!!!!

its really that fracking simple.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 14 Apr 2015, 19:45

Propat,

"why don't they do it ????
MONEY!!!!!!"

Don't overlook the carrots full of money silly rabbit lol. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 14 Apr 2015, 19:32

Lots of good comments here. Patchwork and bandaids grosgig.
Trooper, you mentioned... " For me the answer is quite simple, there's no real way to fix it "
Yup exactly, that cuts to the chase. 
JMO, but even reverting to the old pa, or END THE BUYOUT NOW!!! (hello propat:) they are only  improvements in the here and now from what was taken from us in the past.
The solution is simply standing up and fighting for our rights. It can get pretty draining though.

I remember hearing of an old timer a few years back. A 70 - 80 y/o in receipt of wva, eia or something. Perhaps he had resources but he wanted NOTHING to do with VAC and told them to shove their cheques. He simply wanted to be left alone and have nothing to do with them.
I can really understand that.

Grosgig... what is french for "service excellence" with a side order of horse-shyte?
Ala-l'excellence du service cheval-shyte?

Navrat, my seester have vedy goot car for yoo. Veddy cheep, Veddy goot!

Stay well all. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Apr 2015, 19:05

Oh you should hear the reserve guys at my legion, they don't want the NVC , they are covered by workers compensation in Ontario and say the benefits are far superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Apr 2015, 19:03

Propat, that's the gods honest truth! Reinstate the PA, scrap Sisip ltd transfer it to VAC , to keep the Vac union jobs , everybody who's TPI goes on EELB and extend it for life. Enough of all these BS new programs that only a few will qualify for. This veteran- centric talk is all BS it's like a cars salesman selling us the benefits of financing a new vehicle. It's all talk , and it's election talk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Apr 2015, 17:55

one change . just end the buyout its that fracking simple .

change the NVC buyout into a monthly pension equal to the PA pension .

that's it that's all .

most of the problems with the NVC disappear most of the remaining problems become less of an issue .

this isn't rocket science boys the GOC,MVA,OVO,and everyone else knows this.

why don't they do it ????

MONEY!!!!!!

these franker's don't want to give back the benefits they stripped from disabled vets in 2006 .

we fix this one issue it would be huge then we could tackle the remaining issues as vets united . not as vets that were divided and treated unequal by Canadian politicians who like to speak of equality in this great nation.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 14 Apr 2015, 17:35

Trooper - I often ponder the same question. If I was 18 again, and knew at the end of the line, that this old busted soldier, physically and mentally, who has served his country proud would have to fight the goverment who sent me, for 15 years now, and still at it. I am proud but like you all tired of the fight. I would have a hard time telling a young person to sign the line..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Apr 2015, 16:08

They just patching, patching and patching. Before 2006 just 1 kind of veteran (old chart), after 2006 (2 kinds of veteran old chart an NVC) and with the time 3 kinds of veteran (old chart, nvc and a new kind ...the mixt of the 2). The new annoucements will not touch numbers of veteran just a few, it is made for the ones on nvc i'm happy for them. But when the minister talk..........plz don't say it is for all. Hope one day they return to the old chart.....for ALL of us. it's like an policy assurance , in first everybody are included but when you read small character, nobody can have it.

Grosgig (vandoos)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Apr 2015, 15:48

For me the answer is quite simple, there's no real way to fix it, yes you can improve it but if one was to do both the math, and compare the long term security between the now NVC, and the old pension act, the only way to fix it would be to remove it completely and revert back to the old pension act.
They can come out and praise improvements tell their blue in the face, it's the numbers that tells the truth.
To me this whole NVC is a mess, a mess that will never come close to the old pension act.

I would not for one second even consider signing up knowing what I know today, when I signed up like everybody else including the others who sign up for non - combat trades, we all sign the disclaimer that we all would answer the call for combat, but the thing is we all new that because of our willing to answer that call, in return the government would look after each and everyone of us if we were medically discharged, sure we had to climb the ladder of DVA to increase our benefits on the old pension act, but that was the end of it, and advocating for improvements to this old act was an ongoing process just like all other Veteran pension acts around the world, but it does not come close to what is going on today with this NVC.
This NVC is a mess, a mess that will be a problem for many years to come, they will continue to improve it, but numbers do not lie, the more they categorize Veterans in getting benefits, the bigger the problem will get.

Again, this is just my own opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 14 Apr 2015, 12:54

Don't know where you get these gems from 6608, but keep them coming.

"We didn't go to Walmart"?  Well... good morning! walmart shoppers err, clients.
Meanwhile, I've been in the same checkout lane for the last year and a half.
And after an O/T visits me tomorrow I'll still be in the same damn checkout lane.

Stay well all. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaket Tue 14 Apr 2015, 12:03

That is an excellent article with some relatively simple fixes.
Often I do feel like a second class Vet in both the eyes of the Legion and as a "client" of Vac. I'm not a client and should be addressed appropriately as a Veteran of Canada's military.

Cheers

Slaket
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Tue 14 Apr 2015, 11:35

Here is another view and suggestions for VAC ........

http://rocksolidpolitics.blogspot.ca/2015/04/how-to-fix-veterans-affairs-canada.html

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by RCNRetired Tue 14 Apr 2015, 09:59

You know all these promises are right now smoke and mirrors, until we hear from a vet that is actually collecting and makes comment just like all other programs it is pie in the sky and will be difficult to actually receive. I am a Conservative always have been but really, one Lone Ranger rides into town, waves his magic, Harper got som empathy wand and poof soldiers are taken care of! Kinda sounds like a fairy tale.

RCNRetired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 14 Apr 2015, 09:31

I agree Navrat, but the problem is, they didn't grandfather PA recipients into the NVC. If we weren't subject to the NVC, and the lump sum, for everything post 2006, they might have a point. But since we were not grandfathered into the PA, their argument loses a lot of validity.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next