Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doing the right thing comes at a cost Harper tells WW2 vets

Go down

Doing the right thing comes at a cost Harper tells WW2 vets Empty Doing the right thing comes at a cost Harper tells WW2 vets

Post by Kramer Thu 14 May 2015, 16:22

May 4, 2015 HOLTEN, Netherlands - Prime Minister Stephen Harper paid tribute to Canada's war dead at a service in the Netherlands this morning.
He was joined by a few dozen surviving veterans of the battles to liberate northwest Europe, which culminated with the surrender of Nazi German forces 70 years ago.
Harper spoke of the sacrifices of the now-dwindling war-time generation, saying they understood that some things were worth fighting and dying for — a sentiment that remains today.
The speech took place at the Holten Canadian War Cemetery, near Arnhem, which contains the graves of 1,350 Canadian soldiers, many of whom were killed in the late stages of the war as the allies cleared the Netherlands and pushed into Germany.

Harper said each headstone is a stark reminder that doing the right thing comes at a great cost.

Boy that remark leaves the door wide open........... No SH_ _ Sherlock. I think Harper must have been a rocket scientist in a previous life. If only he could put that on paper and compensate veterans before they are next to a headstone. I am also sure he, like many politicians know the cost only too well, which is why they all huddle together on the Hill sheltering their son's and daughter's telling them never to become a soldier because they know the government will turn their backs on them.....real fast.

If you truly are aware of the cost Mr. Harper......... Then...... DO THE RIGHT THING!!! (hint: it doesn't mean keep spending money and fighting Canadian Veterans!).

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down