Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retirement Income Security Benefit (RISB)

+14
rucksack031
beleaf67
prawnstar
loggie
RCNRetired
Rifleman
Recon031
Dannypaj
Nemo
pinger
BinRat
bigrex
Teentitan
18 posters

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Retirement Income Security Benefit (RISB) - Page 14 Empty Re: Retirement Income Security Benefit (RISB)

Post by Guest Wed 11 Mar 2015, 09:07

Why exclude the Sisip ltd guys? Who was at the wheel on this one!

Back to top Go down

Retirement Income Security Benefit (RISB) - Page 14 Empty Re: Retirement Income Security Benefit (RISB)

Post by Guest Wed 11 Mar 2015, 09:06

Great work Recon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Wed 11 Mar 2015, 08:57

.............. My Personnal letter to Minister O'Toole has officially been sent this morning requesting that the Severelyinjured & Disabled Veterans receiving Sisip Ltd be included on the RISB package ,

I didn;'t hold back !

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of .......7....... get er' done bye's !
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 21:52

Excellent Nav and Propat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 21:48

Yes cola mine is on the way via dial up Cuba style, lol

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 10 Mar 2015, 21:47

There was also a recommendation to switch all of those Vets getting SISIP LTD, for service related injuries over to ELB, and leaving SISIP for those with non service related injuries. So that could be one of the coming announcements. It would alleviate the need to change the SISIP policy again, while opening this benefit to every eligible Veteran.

Last edited by bigrex on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 21:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Saw the line thats says it is taxable.)
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 21:40

great job cola . will follow suit .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 21:39

pinger agreed but at least we think we know its an extension of ELB at 70% VIA another name . even im cautiously optimistic right now and maybe im not the most pessimistic on here but ya gotta admit im one of them .

again cant wait to read the legislation.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 21:11

Just sent an email  to  The Honourable Erin O'Toole and I encourage everyone who is affected by Sisip LTD cutoff to consider doing so as well. Every effort helps to inform the Minister. Response from the Ministers email address as follows: Thank you for your inquiry. Please be assured that your comments have been brought to the attention of the Minister of Veterans Affairs.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 10 Mar 2015, 21:07

That detailed example is very short on details teen. Directly from the vac site it does not show the post 65 impact on cfis, ltd, sisip, gis. RISB is a WIP (work in progress) and the vac site should not have waved any warm fuzzies how nice it could be. It's only a tenative proposal that has not even hit the Senate floor yet for gods sake so why give us false hope. "Could / Would" is bs. When it is passed and law fine, it should be posted or mailed to vets at that time, period! Cut and dried. Arrggghhh...
Coffee depravity is a son of a bee teen. Use hi test.  pinger.

Last edited by pinger on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 21:16; edited 1 time in total
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 21:06

teen agreed yes it is this is just wonderful news.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 21:03

yaaa im on EELB and getting nothing because SISIP is the first payer . also on PIA and supplement . sooo just before 65 ill frack up my SISIP paperwork so they drop me and MAYBE ELB will pick up the slack . might cost me a few months SISIP for nothing but it might be worth the gamble.

or maybe the sort it out so that's not necessary.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 10 Mar 2015, 21:01

Well I gotta admit I sorta lost some of the info from yesterday. Call it "lost in translation due to coffee depravity" LOL. It was the ADM of Service Delivery and the VAC lawyer. But they just brought the info from the accounting department at VAC.

And yes this is very, very significant. They are actually listening and fixing the fault!

Recon here's his contact info

The Honourable Erin O'Toole
Veterans Affairs Canada
14th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0P4

minister_ministre@vac-acc.gc.ca

Or you can submit your letter online here...

https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/department-officials/minister/contact

I encourage all SISIP LTD clients to contact him and ask what about LTD clients? We will be below the poverty line at 65 too.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 20:55

Listen , just when you think the government gets it, it forgets the Sisip ltd guys! Really no excuse that's the problem with different plans. Sisip ltd is no different from vac ELB if they exclude us I know a certain fellow in a certain law firm in a eastern Canadian city would love to dig his hands into this. This is unfair as it stands. Maybe it's because there are a few thousand of us Sisip guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 20:50

Robbie apparently I could frack up the lords prayer you nailed it . love the expression though but in caper land its you could even frack up the lords prayer if ya knew it .

its all good though.

I FRACKED THIS UP and was wrong .

and im only tooooo happy I was.

best to you buds.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next