Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retirement Income Security Benefit (RISB)

+14
rucksack031
beleaf67
prawnstar
loggie
RCNRetired
Rifleman
Recon031
Dannypaj
Nemo
pinger
BinRat
bigrex
Teentitan
18 posters

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Retirement Income Security Benefit (RISB) - Page 6 Empty Re: Retirement Income Security Benefit (RISB)

Post by pinger Tue 31 Mar 2015, 16:40

Why does " mushroom management " cross my mind?  pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Retirement Income Security Benefit (RISB) - Page 6 Empty Re: Retirement Income Security Benefit (RISB)

Post by loggie Tue 31 Mar 2015, 16:08

Baffle them with BS!!! How many times have we heard that? Here is how the public is reacting to this $70K announcement yesterday. I have 2 examples. 1st my ex saw the news and said oh goody, I am going after him for half of that. AND my mother phoned and asked how happy I was that I was going to be receiving this magical $70K?
I had to explain (in the case of my ex...YELL) to them that I am a PA NOT a NVC so I do NOT see a penny of that. My ex is not believing me and my mom thinks that I should be qualified and is confused as to what the difference is between the PA and the NVC and truly believes there should only be one set of rules. My mom rocks at 89 years of age. Now that she understands she wants to talk to her MP. I just told her to watch her blood pressure but give er shyte!

loggie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 15:37

Too True Big Rex, this has all been a sham from start to finish! They appear to be sincere and caring and fool the best of them. Nobody at VAC can get there stories straight. It's not even Otooles fault because he's being used! The PMO picked him because he's a veteran, then threw him into the MVO position , gave him the PMO marching orders, which were to gather all the veteran groups and blast us with these final solutions to fix once and for all the NvC. This was directed at a public that knows shityte all about us and our benefits, this was a t.v production with all the whistles meant to try and get the Tories back in office. Oh, and Troopers absolutely 100 percent in saying the NVC is here to stay, it's not going anywhere because the whole purpose of. The NVC is to limit benefits plain and simple and save money. The Liberals have said shityte and so have the NDP. The easy answer is to scrap the NVC and reinstate the PA, but nobody is doing it, not even our veteran MvA.

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 15:23

A question for you BigRex, I will use myself as an example, food for thought. First I do not qualify for the post 65 RISB just on my military pension alone, with that being said, how does one get reduced 30% for PIA and SUP ? even though one does not qualify or would even be looked at age 65 for the RISB? IS there proposed amendments to PIA that says regardless one will be reduced 30% at age 65? I have read what has been put on government web site, I do see the 30% but exactly how It is to be administered is un clear. So i like you re read for life under the charter again and that has not changed. TKS
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 31 Mar 2015, 14:20

"Again in the debrief on the 9th and today on a teleconference call with both O'Toole, Natnyzk and the OVO the RISB will go to everyone who is in receipt of a VAC payment, LTD payment.

There is no...repeat...no deduction of your CF pension from your RISB.

I know it's hard to accept what I am telling you but what I am understanding and hearing is the only thing you lose post 65 is 30% of your ELB, EELB, LTD."

Well Teen, it looks like you were lied to directly by the MVA, during your teleconference. So not only will we lose 30% from the EELB, but 30% from PIA and PIAS as well, and then have our CF pension deducted from the reduced total.

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 16 Mar 2015, 13:53

The reason that it was changed to include PA recipients, is because since the NVC was enacted, it has now become almost impossible to reach the required 100% under the PA to qualify for EIA, with the exception of a previously pension condition, or conditions, worsening. All new claims, even consequential ones, fall under the NVC, and even though VAC you can still reach 100%. with PA and NVC combined, the EIA is very specific about requiring 100% under the Pension Act as a requirement.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Mon 16 Mar 2015, 13:33

I get it now, thanks so much to all!

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Mar 2015, 13:10

at fist it was just for NVC guys but it was changed to include all disabled vets with the exeption of those already collecting EIA under the old system as the PIA and supplement is a replacement for that .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Mon 16 Mar 2015, 13:06

That's incredible if correct because I'm positive when the PIA//PIAS benefit was initially introduced, I did ask someone at VAC and I was told no due to my receiving the Attendance Allowence under the PA, I'm sure I was told you can't get both! The PIA//PIAS was mostly for those under the NVC or under the PA who weren't getting the Attendance Allowance! Jeeze, wouldn't that be one miscommunicated statement?

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Mar 2015, 13:01

beleaf that assumption is incorrect . PA recipients either in whole or in part are entitled to collect PIA and supplement if they meet the criteria . so buds if you think you meet the criteria you should apply for these benefits yesterday .

your CM can be very helpful with this and plays a pivotal roll , so be nice , a good CM will walk you through all the paperwork.

best of luck

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Mon 16 Mar 2015, 12:59

Tks for your reply but if I'm just under the PA with its associated Attendance Allowence doesn't that eliminate me from the PIA//PIAS.

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Mon 16 Mar 2015, 12:47

The way I read your question yes you can receive both. Pre NVC and post NVC with seperate injuries. I get one pre 2006 injury and PIS and PIAS after that.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Mon 16 Mar 2015, 12:38

Just to clarify one issue, my assumption is that if one falls under the PA, he//she has no entitlement to PIA//PIAS under any scenario? Am I correct in stating that? Thanks to all, I follow this site on a regular basis but I'm in a great deal of pain and the meds make me very forgetful and tired! The confusion of ifs//ands//buts regarding so many Veterans issues leaves me unsettled and out of the loop due to my own situation, so thanks to many who do the heavy lifting! It's reassuring to know there's such a large group of people who have solid and comprehensive knowledge of these issues, fantastic source of details and input! Tks in advance for any clarification regarding my question!

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 15 Mar 2015, 21:29

I generally agree with you Trooper except for a few hiccups or boo-boo's (don't assume GoC has a lovely heart) but do not wish to sway away from the topic (risb) at hand.

Time will tell this week, implementing it is another matter. pinger.

btw here's hoping down east ain't buried in snow again
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Mar 2015, 18:42

Yes, momentum is certainly a good way of describing what is taken place here.

Mr. O'Toole is on a mission, and like he has stated, he intends to do everything in his power to make things better for all Veterans.

I like what am seeing, and hearing thus far with how Mr. O'Toole is handling our file, yes more needs to be done, but he himself has publicly stated that more needs to be done, and he says he is working on a number of issues to address them.
I have decided to hold off on any skepticism for now, if and when things start looking bad again, I will be there along with the rest to voice my disappointments, but for now I will give him the benefit of doubt that he is fighting for us from his heart, regardless of political reasons and or the up coming election, he has served in uniform, and he is a Veteran.

If these positive changes that have been brought forward, and others that are to come, are in a direct result of this up coming election, well I have to ask myself this, if Veterans are being properly looked after by this government now, is this not better for Veterans than how we were looked after in the past, before Mr. O'Toole took over, and the mindset and determination of positive changes that he (Mr. O'Toole) has brought with him ? For me the answer is yes.

The other question would be does it really matter if it's coming from the heart - up coming election - combination of both - something else - as long as Veterans are being looked after ? For me the answer is no.

Just my very own opinion folks, no more to it than that, trooper, snowed in, and being optimistic that Mr. O'Toole will do his very best to ensure that all Veterans are properly looked after going forward as he has stated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next