Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets

+13
rucksack031
meathead
Slaket
Jeffery M
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
johnny211
BinRat
pinger
bigrex
Dannypaj
17 posters

Page 19 of 70 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 44 ... 70  Next

Go down

2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets - Page 19 Empty Re: 2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets

Post by Dannypaj Sat 03 Oct 2015, 13:33

This election, I think I will take a chance and vote for the Liberals ( I apologize Teen). There is really nothing to gain for veterans voting for the other two parties. I was hoping that the NDP (Peter Stiffler) was going to fix the gap, I guess not. Conservatives, they seem to be sticking to do what they do best, which is to do the least possible for veterans at a 35% capacity.
There you have it, unless things change from here until then, I am voting Liberal.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets - Page 19 Empty Re: 2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets

Post by Dannypaj Sat 03 Oct 2015, 13:15

VAC Stated it was an application made under the NVC (date of application). I was awarded a consequential award to the main diagnosis and if I would of been approved sooner for the first one, I may have been able to keep everything under the old system, but VAC feet dragging dragged me into both systems.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 03 Oct 2015, 12:56

Danny, if you were approved under the PA, even if only at 4%, any reassessment, even with a new diagnosis, of the same body part, should have simply increased your % under the PA.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 12:18

Wild Thing I know you are going thru a hard time right now but please take a break. Teentitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 03 Oct 2015, 12:04

Thanks Teen, but no monthly pension for this sailor.
I was " low balled" given 4% in the old system, so no monthly pension. Here's the kicker, I was finally properly diagnosed after the NVC was implemented ultimately leading to another 12%, but unfortunately under the NVC.
Here is the thing, if I vote Trudeau, I finally have a chance to get what I applied for in the first place in 2003 or vote Harper and hope I am approved for the PIA.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 03 Oct 2015, 10:48

Danny government carries on during elections.

As for you PIA question and JT that's a wait and see what he decides to do about PIA. I wouldn't even guess what happens to existing finacial benefits.

As for Harper winning you keep your PA pension and can receive PIA. Your PA pension basically does not exist on the government books so therefore they cannot take away what does not exist until you pass away.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 03 Oct 2015, 08:36

A question:
1.When Canada is in a campaign mode, does this slow down the process of receiving answers on your file?
2. Can a person be in receipt of a PIA and a PA at the same time?

I am asking because I have conditions that are both in the new and the old system and it seems like nothing will be decided until the elections are over.  
Here is my scenario, "If" approved for the PIA and Trudeau wins the elections, will VAC eliminate the PIA or are veterans entitled to both? Or if Harper stays in, I "may" receive the PIA and not receive a monthly pension., but apparently VAC can cancel your PIA without correspondence as told by a fellow veteran.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 03 Oct 2015, 08:06

Here is something I found on the web reference countries having to change their identity to allow immigrants to feel at home.

No wonder he was selected by Forbes as the most powerful person in the world!!
This is one time our elected leaders should pay attention to the advice of Vladimir Putin. I would suggest that not only our leaders but every citizen of USA should pay attention to this advice.
How scary is that? It is a sad day when a Communist makes more sense than our LEADERS but here it is !!!!

Vladimir Putin's speech - SHORTEST SPEECH EVER

On August 04, 2015, Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, addressed the Duma,
(Russian Parliament), and gave a speech about the tensions with minorities in Russia:

In Russia, live like Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia, to work and eat in Russia, it should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Sharia Law, and live the life of Muslim's then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state law.
Russia does not need Muslim minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'. We will not tolerate disrespect of our Russian culture. We better learn from the suicides of America, England, Holland and France, if we are to survive as a nation. The Muslims are taking over those countries and they will not take over Russia. The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways of Sharia Law and Muslims.
When this honourable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the Russian national interest first, observing that the Muslims Minorities Are Not Russians. The politicians in the Duma gave Putin a five minute standing ovation
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 04:18

Scrap both pa and nvc they both suck. PTSD is like living in that Bill Murray movie ground hog day every soldier has it to some degree compounded with injuries is a toxic mixture.
1. 5000 Per month tax free for medically released plus a tax free interest free loan system.
2. Don't have to pay any tax on any thing the rest of your life federal or provincial there is your pain and suffering award.
3. Free access to anything federal or provincial ie parks etc etc.
4. Issue a card to all veterans disabled or retired so they can show it to get these privileges.
5. no more fighting, they spend more to keep us from having a decent life than all this would cost.
6. Us 3% of the population go above and beyond the general population and should be awarded for doing so.
7. There is no up side to serving in the military it is a physical and mental hell serving your country and when your medically released or retired you should be reconised for stepping up and living that hell not punished more for your sacrifice.

Just wishful thinking from a busted up broken down unproud to have served his country old veteran living a night mare. WISH I COULD SLEEP!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 02 Oct 2015, 22:51

That's why I think it's time to push for a merge of both.

Financial security from the PA and the voc rehab of the NVC and it's a good veteran act.

But while they are at it keep reducing the paperwork/applications as the Cons are/were doing. Get rid of VRAB and go with peer medical review. Let doctors/nurses stay up to date with new medical advances to improve service delivery.

Best way to merge this is vets, bureaucrats, College of Physicians and Psychiatry sit down and has it out. Only lawyer at the table is for wording.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 22:41

That's not even comparable to the monthly over time. I really don't know how they will fix this crap. Anyway time will tell if they're going to

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 02 Oct 2015, 22:11

I believe it's in the $330'sK. NVC lump sum was/is always lower.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 21:45

somewhere around 345-350 Gs aint it ? whatever it is it aint equality not even close.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 20:39

What is the provincial average Teen?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 02 Oct 2015, 20:06

Supreme as good as your idea is I just can't see them doing your suggestion. We're having a hard time just trying to get them to at least match the provincial average.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 70 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 44 ... 70  Next