Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets

+13
rucksack031
meathead
Slaket
Jeffery M
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
johnny211
BinRat
pinger
bigrex
Dannypaj
17 posters

Page 52 of 70 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 61 ... 70  Next

Go down

2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets - Page 52 Empty Re: 2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets

Post by johnny211 Tue 01 Sep 2015, 09:06

A bit of Breaking NDP News - Well, Peter Stoffer just called me. His conv went like this. "You can tell all your comrades that our previous policy is the same one we will be announcing in the next few wks". So what I take from that is, we already have there policy, and there will be no newbies in the announcement. Just my take, but that's his words.
VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets - Page 52 Empty Re: 2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets

Post by bigrex Tue 01 Sep 2015, 08:03

I agree. It sure sounds like they are dead set on keeping the lump sum, regardless of what Veterans are asking for. But let me tell you, I was thrown for a loop yesterday, but I'll Pm you the details.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Sep 2015, 06:47

well bigrex when this thing first came out a couple of years ago I looked at points one and two and thought for sure these guys were on the right track .

HEY one vet one standard sounds great . that should mean that they are looking into getting the EXACT same care and benefits as the PA guys to the NVC guys right . I mean tackling the by far largest discrepancy between the two they can really get there.

but from what I am reading and herring lately im thinking the one vet one standard thing is off the table . guess balancing the budget takes priority over equality.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Sep 2015, 05:05

Lets start taxing wealthy religious institutions we should not have to pay for that, pay your share of tax cease funding to all religion period and any money being sent out of the country make them accountable for every penny and pay tax on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Sep 2015, 04:54

Yes their promises suck stupid shyte in it I admit that. just a waste of money most of it.So send them a letter or email telling them what we want. I am an old fk and I dont want that crap. Inquiry into agent orange waste of money I have neuropathy from that shit just let me claim it period fk the inquiry. Getting remarried at 60 give your head a shake you old fool go find a hooker or hire a maid or hire a maid thats a hooker dont waste money that veterans need I like the gold digger clause. waste waste waste public inquiry to trim the fat and stupidity is what we need. To many non veteran fingers in the veterans pockets.

Last edited by wild thing on Tue 01 Sep 2015, 05:38; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 01 Sep 2015, 00:00

That paper only confirms what I have said before. The majority of the NDP promises, are geared towards older Veterans. Agent Orange, Chalk River, Long term beds, CPP,  VIP for widows, removing gold digger clause, etc. The only thing it really says about gaps in the benefits under the NVC, is that they would "improve, review, and update" benefits. Nothing concrete, that would allow us to say, one way or other, is better or worse that what is offered by the Tories, let alone what was promised by the Liberals.

It's not that these promises are bad, but I am not going to vote for a party that is promising to make my life better 20+ years from now, over a party that is promising to make my life better immediately, and into the future.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2015, 22:41

Yes seen this 6608 I hope they come out with an improved promise to veterans. More important I hope they trim the fat. We cannot get what we deserve till the money wasting fat cats are sent down the road kicking stones holding their pink slips. that is the only way we can get pa back it is called veterans affairs not fat cat affairs so lets get our public inquiry and public audit so we can trim the fat and put the money back in veterans pockets. I bet 10 dollars is spent to deny a veteran from getting 1 dollar.

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Mon 31 Aug 2015, 20:11

Just a reminder here is the NDP policy from may 2015 and comments from peter's site below:

http://peterstoffer.ndp.ca/veterans

"Sadly, after years of Conservative neglect, too many Canadian Forces and RCMP veterans and their families are struggling to access adequate health care, pensions and other vital supports. That's why the federal NDP is working hard to take care of the needs of veterans and their families.

Our plan calls for:

- ending service pension clawbacks against CPP/QPP benefits;

- reopening regional Veterans Affairs regional offices closed by Stephen Harper;

- ensuring long-term and home care for all veterans and their spouses; and

- boosting investment in badly-needed mental health services.

We are also committed to making improvements to many other programs and services for Canadian Forces and RCMP veterans and their families as outlined in our veterans policy document. As the NDP Opposition Critic for Veterans Affairs for seventeen years, I am proud to say that New Democrats unanimously adopted this veterans policy at our 2013 federal party convention.

Veterans deserve better. Let's work together to provide greater dignity and better care for our veterans."

Link for paper

http://peterstoffer.ndp.ca/sites/default/files/multisite/600227/field_content_files/ndp_en_veterans_policy_paper.pdf

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 31 Aug 2015, 19:25

Well today I sent an email too Peter Stoffer. In it I asked when the NDP policy announcement would be. I got this back- "As I mentioned in my earlier email, I do not know but when it will be announced, I will send the info to you". Seems a little harsh, but maybe they are scrambling after JT announcement. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2015, 11:17

Bigrex I bet when they make their promise to veterans it will be all thought out as everything they have done to date has been. just hope they pull up in honey wagons when they do talk to veterans and promise to get rid of the stink that we have had to live with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2015, 11:11

If they show from their details that the re - establish life long pension is taxed - or if they fail to even mention it in their up - coming details it will prove like teen said , it would be nowhere near the PA , and also would prove to be flawed.
Veterans know what to look for in the details , so if it proves to be flawed they will not get the support their looking for.

If it proves to be legit , I'm not worried about the funding as this has been , an continues for some , to be funded with no strain - or issues from our budget , as we all know money was returned from our budget to the government , so funding is not an issue.

I think it all comes down to respecting Veterans , respect that comes in the form of providing meaningful improvements that actually reflects positively on the vast majority of Veterans , vice small groups of Veterans which leaves the vast majority of Veterans shaking their heads an wondering why not me.

One could look at the life long pension this way , it's nothing new , it's simply implementing something that was taken away from Veterans an if by chance they add - or enhance the implementation this could only be viewed as a welcome bonus.

Promises , yes were dealing with politics here , an we all know promises are broken from election promises , but if you look at the solid fighting Veterans have been doing both inside an out of court with this present government for years , I would think regardless of what government holds power , Veterans will have no problems holding any of them accountable for the on public record that they have promised to Veterans.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 31 Aug 2015, 11:05

Well, if I were the NDP, I wouldn't wait for too long, to make their announcement on Veterans. The longer it takes, the more it looks like their plan is simply a last minute attempt to match the Liberal's promises, instead of a thought out solution to address the identified shortcomings of the NVC.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2015, 06:53

oh supreme ya couldn't be more right . I mean it all comes down to can you trust a politician ????? well we all know the answer to that.

thing is its not an issue for me at least when it comes to picking a party to vote for because I trust them all equally . all about as far as I can throw them.

so do I pick the liar that says he will do a lot for vets , the one that says he will do some for vets or the one that's says he will do little to nothing for vets????

just an example as we haven't here'd from everyone as of yet and I do try and keep a logical open mind .

when they say stuff that can bring them votes no one fully believes it . the only halfway believable stuff they say is the stuff that can cost them votes.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2015, 06:08

Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2015, 05:45

The only way things are going to change for the better for vets is a (public inquiry) and a (public audit) into sisip/va/vrab. this is what I would like to see. NDP is the only party that could do this as it would be their first time forming goverment and no shyte would stick to them. I would love to see this in their promise to veterans and the tax payers. This is what veterans and tax payers should demand from the NDP.  The smell is so bad it is time for the three septic tanks to get pumped dont you think... Forgot to add the military to that list seen an officer put in a recomendation for there to be a civilian overseer at range control and then retire when it was approved by base commander and ottawa and walk right into the job that should have never existed. That my fellow vets is how you play the system fk the taxpayer and transition to civi life all at once this is what a public inquiry will bring to light all the wasted tax payers and  veterans dollars.

Last edited by wild thing on Mon 31 Aug 2015, 06:15; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 70 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 61 ... 70  Next