Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Increased Disability Award & Retro

+60
atarijedi
Tonythebosn
Idioventricular Rhythm
TK
prawnstar
Cdnspr
BinRat
tetech
Artynewf
Old Army Guy
Ireland102
cdnnavy77
thunderbolt
cosmo12
Incognito
Bigbrook
Taz
Tanker73
GunnerturnedTrucker
Jacko
wolfgate
bigthree
bog6
Willie
bosn181
Have a good one!
Bluesky1943
tiger660
Tilap61
Gardener101
SIGS PIGS
Supremedebater
Armygunner
Iceman
Rustytheviking
EZRider
Oliv617
Shogun-VP
czerv
Slaket
Vet1234
LawnBoy77777
vaincre
PhaseIV
pinger
Dannypaj
Panserbjørn
Teentitan
Rifleman
johnny211
VRI
RCN-Retired
Teager
1993firebird
srproctor
LostTrucker
bigrex
rucksack031
Recon031
64 posters

Page 24 of 59 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 41 ... 59  Next

Go down

Increased Disability Award & Retro - Page 24 Empty Re: Increased Disability Award & Retro

Post by Guest Mon 06 Mar 2017, 17:39

Don't care if he is 100% NVC, he said it was unfair.to the PA Vets.  

I have been fighting this NVC hard behind the lines and composed many letters to VAC.   I feel when soneone states a matter of fact question with a what if question and then states it's unfair.  

Sorry but that hit a big nerve that VAC is responsible for.

Back to top Go down

Increased Disability Award & Retro - Page 24 Empty Re: Increased Disability Award & Retro

Post by Iceman Mon 06 Mar 2017, 17:30

Steel, I believe he said he was released in 2008, and is 46%

46% nvc, 0% pa, (released after 2006)

Last edited by Iceman on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 17:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Mar 2017, 17:22

Taz wrote:Gu'day all. Been following the forum for a while now and finally decided to sign up.

So from what I've read, the top up letters should come some time after the 2017 budget is announced and the cheques are to follow.

That being said, what I would like to understand is... If VAC does surprise us all and announces that the pension is returning, how would this be enacted for those of us who received NVC awards. I mean... VAC can't just start giving NVC vets a pension... can they? This wouldn't be fair to the Pension Act vets who would then ask (and rightly so) "where's our lump sum awards?".

So that begs the question. How would an ideal new pension act get paid out?:
Would you have to pay back your NVC award to start receiving a pension?
Would they do a time/value of money calculation of pension vs award and pay out the difference as a tiny pension?
Would they say "NVC vets are SOL for taking awards" and only new applications will have the option of receiving a pension?

The damage is already done. They made two classes of vets and I don't believe this is going to change much. I cannot imagine how they can fairly achieve a "one veteran - one standard" anymore with the vast differences between NVC and the old Pension Act. Some of us will come out ahead and some will fall behind. Life expectancy and age at release will have huge impacts on whether a pension or the NVC award is best for a particular vet.

Please correct me if I'm wrong or if there's something I am not seeing. I really don't mean to be negative here... I just wish there was a good solution to make it fair for all involved.

BTW I was 3b Released in 2008 and 46% under NVC.

Cheers!

Nice first post...... so your are half and half  penision lump sum Vet.  

So, you says it's not fair in a what if question.  The nerve of you, so it's fair to Vets like me that are 100% NVC to get no pension since 2006 and you are basing what facts and numbers it's not fair. I am sure we are not going back to the penision style of the past.  So you are getting more money right now then me in regard to if our injuries and percent was the same.  You older pension guys sit on your hands when the NVC gets screwed.  Now you see maybe the NVC might get a top up and you call us unfair if the penision comes back.

What about when ELB went to 90% it was in fact more designed to help the NVC Vets, but all got it. I did not see one NVC Vet say that's unfair if the PA Vets get it too. Get it through your head one Vet/one standard!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Mar 2017, 17:12

Unfortunately the tax free pension from the old pension act is history. No government is going to bring that pension back, anyone who thinks differently is only dreaming.
What happen here is during the election campaign the Liberals went out to inquire what it is Veterans wanted, the return of the lifelong pension was mentioned, the Liberals not being up to speed on what exactly this lifelong pension details, went out and promised "Re-establish lifelong pensions". Once elected, they, the Liberals got the wake up call from the bureaucrats about what exactly the old lifelong pension from the old act entitled, so politicians being the corrupt organization quickly did an about face and stalled this particular promise. The time to fight for this pension should have been from day one, the very first engagement with the Minister, however, this did not happen and further to this those who are grandfathered into the old act at a high percent, not all mind you, but I would guess the majority had other priorities other than the return of this pension. Another possible problem could be the false hope given to Veterans and Veterans groups when attending engagements with our Minister, a lot of organizations do not want to believe that these engagements are only used for PR purposes, the bureaucrats are running the show, the bureaucrats were the ones who informed our newly elected Minister about the details of the lifelong pension from the old act in the first place, so who do you think our Minister is going to listen to? Another reason could be that there's some Veterans who are mixed from both acts, so these individuals could be satisfied with the Charter and the lump sum, and some just like the Charter, lots of benefits even though all these benefits combined do not stack up against the old pension act. This is what we are faced with regarding the return of the pension from the old act. What's important to note here is that the promise is being stalled, the government knows exactly what they are going to do, they are going to go 100% of what the bureaucrats say, anything can be a lifelong pension, we have one now in the Charter, PIA, that will be changed to CIA this year. Could this be the "Re-establish lifelong pensions"? The government knows by now the blow-back that's coming their way when this pension is going to be announced, the bandage announcements made, the more ammo they have in defending what they have accomplished on our file, and further to this, the promise will be met as long as a lifelong pension is announced.

The is the constant vicious circle we are faced with, the government looks after themselves, the bureaucrats did not start in their position yesterday, they are all in bed together, in some fairness, I would say that the Liberals did more for Veterans in this short period, than the Conservatives did in there term, or terms, but they are still bandage fixes and unfortunately it looks like the same moving forward.

The government has us exactly where they want us, they have the upper hand and until we see a strong solid unity among our family, this I believe will be the status quo.

JMO of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taz Mon 06 Mar 2017, 16:31

Gu'day all. Been following the forum for a while now and finally decided to sign up.

So from what I've read, the top up letters should come some time after the 2017 budget is announced and the cheques are to follow.

That being said, what I would like to understand is... If VAC does surprise us all and announces that the pension is returning, how would this be enacted for those of us who received NVC awards. I mean... VAC can't just start giving NVC vets a pension... can they? This wouldn't be fair to the Pension Act vets who would then ask (and rightly so) "where's our lump sum awards?".

So that begs the question. How would an ideal new pension act get paid out?:
Would you have to pay back your NVC award to start receiving a pension?
Would they do a time/value of money calculation of pension vs award and pay out the difference as a tiny pension?
Would they say "NVC vets are SOL for taking awards" and only new applications will have the option of receiving a pension?

The damage is already done. They made two classes of vets and I don't believe this is going to change much. I cannot imagine how they can fairly achieve a "one veteran - one standard" anymore with the vast differences between NVC and the old Pension Act. Some of us will come out ahead and some will fall behind. Life expectancy and age at release will have huge impacts on whether a pension or the NVC award is best for a particular vet.

Please correct me if I'm wrong or if there's something I am not seeing. I really don't mean to be negative here... I just wish there was a good solution to make it fair for all involved.

BTW I was 3b Released in 2008 and 46% under NVC.

Cheers!
Taz
Taz
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2017-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Mar 2017, 20:16

I think like many here the lack of info from the MVA about this subject has sone what down played our constant speculation of what the f_ck is really going on.  Lack of good intelligence dooms your plan of attack as we are all taught, but VAC is entrusted to look after us but really has no clue which way is the best to proceed.  They are more worried about there departments, careers, and security of the job then taking care of the Veteran.

Below is taken right off the  VAC website.
"Chapter Two - Ensuring One Veteran - One Standard

The Elephant in the Room is the disparity between the Pension Act and the NVC
To achieve “one veteran one standard” it is our ongoing task to ensure that no veteran under the New Veterans Charter should receive less compensation than a veteran under the Pension Act with the same level of disability or incapacity:

We are concluding that there are better options than simply returning to the Pension Act and we will continue to look for the best solution to eliminate the disparity and achieve one veteran - one standard"

So, I don't think the penision is coming back as JT promised and I will paraphrase himself as he once stated.... "u piece of shit"

I will not split hairs about interest rate or cost of living index to get the exact amount of retro that the GOC has offered up thru constant backlash and court challenges brought on by Veterans.  Great job guys and I know the personnel sacrifices you went thru to see this action come this far and it's sad it's not complete.  The only saving grace is a deal that is presently in the making that will see the court case dropped only if the GOC commits to bring forth a certain package that truly at least makes the penision Veteran and NVC  Vets become equal financially at the end of the day.  I am waiting for the budget to be read this month and if there is extra money for VAC to bring forth such a package that will meet one standard/one veteran. Then we can all rest, till the next challenge arises.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Mar 2017, 21:57

oh and yes it is only FAIR to do so . yes what you got on a specific date should only be adjusted to that date . then what you get paid in 2017 SHOULD be adjusted to 2017 .

EXACTLY the same as those that receive there benefit in 2017 . they get it ALL adjusted to 2017 . the part and only the part you get paid in 2017 should be adjusted as well . that's just fair and as far as I can see by the legislation legal as well .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Mar 2017, 21:28

ya look again I could be missing something here especially when it comes to those that took the lump sum immediately . ya fine wouldn't take a whole lot of wording to negate their responsibility to provide the adjustment up to 2017 . however the second type of adjustment that differs from ALL other benefits in this legislation defined in this legislation as " interest " is extremely precise as to amount and as to who it effects in fact in a redundant way .

it states not only that those that can collect " interest " are those that take their buyout over time . they also add that only those that take their buyout over time can collect " interest .

so as not to confuse most if not all benefits under this legislation including the buyout are subject to a COLA based on CPI but those that choose to take the buyout over time are subject to " interest " witch is more generous than just CPI based adjustment .

it is also very specific as to the fact that this " interest " not CPI will accrue from the date the vet makes the election to take there buyout over time .

now I believe given the exacting and redundant nature of the existing legislation as it refers to " interest "that a more significant amount of wording would have been needed to keep the GOC from providing said interest it is still possible I might have missed it but highly unlikely .

again as ive mentioned before that the MVA's office has already told me that a guy that received a 100% in 2006 could receive MORE than 110,000 depending on the calculations witch threw me for a weak or two until I remembered " interest " then it all made sense .

guy if they were going to frack you they would have fracked you in the legislation ie: ELB base rate as pte .

not that they will not do anything illegal they have done that before but we fought them and got it back . ok well a chunk of it anyway .

lotta smart guys on here 6608 , k-9 , bigrex and such and the real smart guys hiding in the weeds like pinger . and I have asked time and again ooooppppsss goota mention saberlove and VRI and steelgunner and well the list goes on but NONE as of yet has pointed out the piece or wording in the legislation that forgives the GOC from providing either the CPI adjustment or the interest ( two different things ) although either one can be applied to the buyout depending on how you take it . even though I asked more than once .

so until I see the actual legislation witch forgives the GOC from providing both types of adjustments witch like I said I may have missed ya get either the CPI adjustment or the " interest " depending on how you took your buyout .

and unless I missed something that's THE LAW !!!!

and if the wording is not there and they don't provide it you can sue for it and get it .

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Mar 2017, 17:39

Johnny,

Regarding the budget date, this is what I got thus far;

Finance Minister Bill Morneau's U.S. fact-finding trip sets table for March budget

"All signs now are that Morneau will come forward with that budget during the week of March 20 — even though there were clear signs the government was preparing for a budget in late February."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/morneau-us-canada-budget-1.4005543

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 02 Mar 2017, 09:04

Last years budget was read on March 22. Not sure what the date is for this years. It will be an interesting one, or not, on the Vet file..
Out,,VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by GunnerturnedTrucker Tue 28 Feb 2017, 19:02

im still waiting for them to tell us they are taxing it!!!
wouldn't surprise me at all

GunnerturnedTrucker
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2017-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Armygunner Tue 28 Feb 2017, 11:17

bruce72 wrote:One thing is certain, every veteran who is eligible (myself included) to receive a top-up should prepare themselves for disappointment.  That way it might reduce the sting of getting shafted once more by our government.

Yeppers, All I know is that at some time in the future II'l receive some sort of retro payment, how much and when is a good guess.

Armygunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Feb 2017, 11:06

One thing is certain, every veteran who is eligible (myself included) to receive a top-up should prepare themselves for disappointment. That way it might reduce the sting of getting shafted once more by our government.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gardener101 Tue 28 Feb 2017, 09:47

Armygunner

That is exactly how I interpreted and calculated the top-up lump sum payment as well. Hope it all works out 😀

Gardener101
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2017-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanker73 Tue 28 Feb 2017, 09:37

Thanks, Armygunner

Tanker73
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2017-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 59 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 41 ... 59  Next