Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Increased Disability Award & Retro

+60
atarijedi
Tonythebosn
Idioventricular Rhythm
TK
prawnstar
Cdnspr
BinRat
tetech
Artynewf
Old Army Guy
Ireland102
cdnnavy77
thunderbolt
cosmo12
Incognito
Bigbrook
Taz
Tanker73
GunnerturnedTrucker
Jacko
wolfgate
bigthree
bog6
Willie
bosn181
Have a good one!
Bluesky1943
tiger660
Tilap61
Gardener101
SIGS PIGS
Supremedebater
Armygunner
Iceman
Rustytheviking
EZRider
Oliv617
Shogun-VP
czerv
Slaket
Vet1234
LawnBoy77777
vaincre
PhaseIV
pinger
Dannypaj
Panserbjørn
Teentitan
Rifleman
johnny211
VRI
RCN-Retired
Teager
1993firebird
srproctor
LostTrucker
bigrex
rucksack031
Recon031
64 posters

Page 38 of 59 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 48 ... 59  Next

Go down

Increased Disability Award & Retro - Page 38 Empty Re: Increased Disability Award & Retro

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2017, 18:18

Vet1234,

I believe the inflation factor is built into the $360,000

Back to top Go down

Increased Disability Award & Retro - Page 38 Empty Re: Increased Disability Award & Retro

Post by Vet1234 Tue 17 Jan 2017, 18:08

Sounds good to me Trooper. The thing I'm curious about is the $360,000 mark being used as the benchmark for each year between 2006-16. That would essentially mean that the max award was retroactively static for 10 years, with no inflation factor. Just my nickel though.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2017, 17:50

Here is my take on what is going on with the disability award retro supplementary payment.

First off I think that the example on VAC's website was removed because it was inaccurate.

Inaccurate because there is no set amount for each entitled Veteran, the further the Veteran goes back, the greater the payment amount of each year that the award was awarded.
If a Veteran received an award in 2006, and that same Veteran received another award in 2008, that Veterans payment would need to be calculated for each of those years.
Also, as stated above, even though the max will be set at $360,000 the supplementary payment needs to meet the amounts that were awarded at the time the award was received for proper calculation purposes.

I'm under the understanding that a team was put in place to process these supplementary payments, the formula to be used I'm guessing it to be quite simple, you would take the max amount of $360,000 and take your received past award percent, and calculate that amount of percentage to the $360,000 and take that amount and subtract it to what you have received in the past for your award, this will give you your retro amount.
If you received more than one award, you would use the same formula for each award.

If my theory is correct, and it's just a theory, that would explain why the example was removed from the VAC website.

Also, if my theory is correct, this is fairly simple and easy to process, so I would expect payments to be made quick, and all should be paid within a short period of time.
They are suppose to be sending letters to the entitled Veterans giving the amounts and explaining the calculations.
So, if it only comes into effect on April 01, 2017, I would suspect that payments would not be received until after this date.

I also think that the reason why things are coming in yearly cycles, is because they want to spread out their promises throughout their 4 year term.

This is just my own thoughts on this, I could be wrong but with the lack of info Veterans get, it leaves us no other choice but to guess our way through each circumstance that is announced to us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Tue 17 Jan 2017, 17:32

They've been behind schedule for at least a year that I know of. Seems convenient though. The Veterans Ombudsman is still fielding complaints from September 2016. Conservative cuts and poor management and forecasting has caused delays and hurt a lot of Vets.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Tue 17 Jan 2017, 17:06

Hello all. First time commenting, long time creeping here though.

Is it just me, or are they delaying current disability decisions so they don't have to pay again in April?

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by EZRider Tue 17 Jan 2017, 14:02

bruce72 wrote:EZRider

I have benefits under both the PA and NVC. This retro payment is for recipients of a disability award only.  

Thanks Bruce.

EZRider
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2017, 13:34

EZRider

I have benefits under both the PA and NVC. This retro payment is for recipients of a disability award only.

Back to top Go down

Post by EZRider Tue 17 Jan 2017, 13:26

I don't suppose there is anything in this increase for the old charter troops?

EZRider
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliv617 Tue 17 Jan 2017, 12:39

Thank you for answering.

Oliv617
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2016-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2017, 06:39

It does not matter if you took the payment in full, or in Monthly payments, both are entitled to the supplementary retro payment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliv617 Tue 17 Jan 2017, 01:15

How does this affect those of us that took the monthly payment? Or is this for those that took the full payout?

Oliv617
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2016-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sun 15 Jan 2017, 06:34

Thanks Steelgunner.
I feel free! In some bizarre way, which only one who served and signed away their life would know & relate.
I know that I would have kept my part of the contract, but as a result of decisions of the Department of National Defense I am career less and free.
I am a soldier, a 3rd generation soldier, a pure fracking Canadian veteran soldier, not some non-serving snoozing politician, who never would ever risk a hair for their country! (3 years at CFB Baden during the gulf war as a base brat being chased down by the military police as a teenager, night vision and all).
10 years in a Community Correctional Centre as a Commissionaire, it was the next best thing to the CF “for me” I guess while GOC made a decision on my case, IMAGINE! After serving my country in the Canadian Armed Forces and being messed around by civilians?
Thankful I am still here.
Dance, shutter, and skip around questions asked?
Ask buddy who really runs Canada?
The “famous people he flies helicopters with or the men and women who protect this country with responsible use of helicopters.”
P.s My last day in the forces would have been a “Friday the 13th” and the bastards would have put me on duty right up to my last day, today….a Sunday.
They promised something to us! And now they are having a hard time delivering?
I am beyond bewilderment to why we are still negotiating soldier’s benefits when it should be cut and dry.
The BEST FOR OUR BEST!

AND THE BUCK STOPS HERE! my three children will never ever join the Canadian Armed Forces!
Improvements have to made and made without the political BS>
or face a declining number of recruits.
Canadians across Canada are actively engaging JT at his Q&A sessions.
Two years left and he is out gauging the public, so he can build a platform again, once elections begin.
Is the Message getting clearer!
A One Term Prime Minister, branded as a  legacy of photo ops and selfies and a liar to veterans.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jan 2017, 21:21

Congrats on your 20 year mark Danny.  Welcome unofficially  to the Veteran World of Canada where the GOC still makes you fight for your medically released pension at a heavy cost to your physical and mental health.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 14 Jan 2017, 06:19

My account also shows the same changes as Vet1234.

Here's the thing, you need your veterans support to run a country and he doesn't have it & the honorable is feeling the heat!
Back tracking and reneging on promises made to injured veterans is a no, no.

1.Reinstate the Pension Act. 
2.Blue Cross is a failure!
3. Really take care of your veterans>and stop passing the buck.

Canada is holding you accountable for these promises.

Trump knows what his doing, hopefully he follows suit as well and doesn't make false promises.

Trump in his first speech pulled out the veterans card!

yup, we are political pawns in numbers.....social media, networking and sticking together as one....

At a jam-packed news conference on Wednesday morning, Mr. Trump tossed in the announcement of his pick to lead the Department of Veterans Affairs, said he would sign executive orders beginning on Jan. 23, and promised to begin negotiating drug prices with pharmaceutical companies to drive costs down.

Same goes for his Honorable when he needed the votes?

Honorable! The fixing of department of Veterans Affairs Canada would be the honorable thing to do!

Letting go of excellent talent.

P.s my 20 year contract ends tomorrow, officially. Twisted Evil
I resigned my intermediate engagement and would of continued of serving (be told what to do), but was 3b honorably medically released.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jan 2017, 19:09

That is an interesting turn of events then vet1234. Very interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 59 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 48 ... 59  Next