Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assorted Merged Stored Topics

+20
puddleduk2
Nemo
rucksack031
devans156
K9
By the Bay
Dove96
1993firebird
sailor964
Sapper Zodiak
pteadams2002
bigrex
oldsailor
Jeffery M
Rags
OldZipperhead
Wife of a Veteran
peep
dennismanuge
Teentitan
24 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 19 Empty Re: Assorted Merged Stored Topics

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 20:18

Sparrow, I keep wondering why you continually put my picture up on CSAT ?

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 19 Empty Csat's Resident Guest ~ No Worries, It's All Good, You're One With Us ~

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 19:46

I pay no attention whatever to anybody's praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Last edited by Sparrow on Mon 18 Mar 2013, 21:55; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:09

Rex I agree with what you say. Could something be done? Probably but for a website that is run by volunteers this is the format VVi agreed on.

Also in all honesty this site can get vicious and possessive at times when someone posts a comment/thought that is "different". You have seen it. I have seen it and been in the middle of it. So to VVi the "guest" wants to make the comment but not want to put up with the personal attacks.

Afterall CSAT is a free speech forum.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:01

The only problem Teen, and we've both seen it, is that some in the recent past, have used this kind of tactic to attack other members or their views, and since the account is deleted, there is no repercussion to the individual. then all they have to do is register and spit more venom and leave again. At least an active account can be blocked by IP, if the user breaks the rules.

I personally do not understand the need if they intend on being positive and productive. There is no need to display any personal information on the forums, so only using their username is just as secure as deleting an account, except we know who's thoughts belong to who. Our opinions do not matter less just because it is posted as Bigrex or Teentitan, but everyone knows who we are, but guest is a guest is a guest. 1 of hundreds littered through the forums and with those numbers even the most powerful post will get lost in the shuffle.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:29

VVi does not care if an individual registers...posts their comment/thought...then deletes their account. It is their choice to do so.

There are hundreds of members who I see come on CSAT, read, then leave without posting a comment.

So it is beyond me why individuals on this site take offence to the people who join, post, delete? It's not spam. It's not malicious comments. It's their way of communicating what they feel or think.

Number of registered people to the CSAT are not important to VVi. The comment is what is important to VVi. Does it help? Does it clarify a problem? Does it approach the problem from a different angle? This is what matters to VVi.

So as I have stated many times if you don't like what you read then ignore it.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:18

If you honestly want it too seem as if few are many, do not delete your current account, just simply create new ones to log in as. But I do agree with others, some members post-and-go not only diminishes CSAT, because it appears that many are afraid to defend their position, and that in itself weakens their position. And two, it gives many non veterans that read the forum the idea that many of the class are wishy washy, which is most likely the farthest thing from the truth imaginable. So I recommend you register, stay registered and let the public hear our true voices, be it 10 or 100, for I am proud to still have my voice, you should be too!
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:08

As long as the info is good you are a comrade of mine, no worries!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Mon 18 Mar 2013, 09:08

Yawn

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 19 Empty I am sure there is a number of people that change names and reregister!

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 08:37

I just provide info and support. It not about who we are or who is behind the keyboard. It is about Veterans and People who care. I care,You care. So please stop hassling people who drop in and drop out. It may be as simple as the perception of more voices have more power.
Who knows why we do what we do but IF its for the right reasons Why the Heck Not.

If you pay attention to person writing style even a disabled veteran know its the same person with different nicknames. FYI: There is several who copy my approach here and I am flattered so come and go as you wish after all I do.

The more registered members the less people say its just a few in CSAT that bitch.

My style reveals both the my personality and voice, but it also shows how I perceive the audience, and I choose a writing style which reveals those choices by which the I MAY change the overall tone in here.

THIS IS MY LAST ATTEMPT AT EXPLAINING WHY !

Last edited by ?dopeoplechangetheirname on Mon 18 Mar 2013, 08:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sun 17 Mar 2013, 12:30

I just need a ball of lead to fire at someone

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 06:46

We need a magic ball Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 22:34

well i guess he has one thing in common with the rest of us.he is human.i stopped defending him after that call one thing i did not understand the next was his last speach in ns that sounded like spinn.the rest i can forgive lot like but forgive.again he is human.if human means making mistakes then he is probably not as human as me at least on that scale but still verry human.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 21:13

Dennis is a civilian and not a soldier, he sold his soldier side to a law firm that baby sat a monkey who played hide and go seek with quote a "Bunch of Whiners". Dennis was your buddy when you liked what he said and kissed his ass and threw out hugs. When you did not agree with him he attacked and not only on CSAT but every multimedia source known to the computing age. I have tons of respect for him as a guy that took on the GOC but he stopped short of being a hero and now is a zero, he quit and troopers hate quitters. PS call me he did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 17:36

I would like to see how much the law firm charged posting on csat and answering CSAT questions. Isn't it funny and odd that after the 15 of Feb , MC wanted nothing to do with CSAT, why, because they could not charge for that, plain and simple folks, it's all about the money! Stand back, look , think, and one word will pop out of your mouth, WOW!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 16 Mar 2013, 17:22

Snorri, I agree that these hours were probably the result of some colorful records keeping. They probably logged an hours wage for every phone call they made or email they answered, whether it took then one minute or sixty do do so. I've seen it in the public sector. If someone is on call for the Dept of highways, they get paid 1 hour OT just for answering the phone, and even more if it is after 11PM.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next