Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assorted Merged Stored Topics

+20
puddleduk2
Nemo
rucksack031
devans156
K9
By the Bay
Dove96
1993firebird
sailor964
Sapper Zodiak
pteadams2002
bigrex
oldsailor
Jeffery M
Rags
OldZipperhead
Wife of a Veteran
peep
dennismanuge
Teentitan
24 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 20 Empty Re: Assorted Merged Stored Topics

Post by bigrex Sat 16 Mar 2013, 17:16

Well, the thing is, Dennis was not in this fight alone. He didn't stand in front of any judge and argue the merits of the case. He didn't even approach the law firm first, somebody else did and simply asked Dennis to be the face of class. Dennis himself had already been off SISIP's books for a few years at the time, so I'm sure he would have continued on with his life begrudgingly accepting the clawback if he hadn't been approached himself to be included in this lawsuit. Sure, he had a few press conferences, but at each one several Veterans stood beside him and told their own stories. Sure he was quoted in the newspapers, but so were many others, class members and non class members alike, who were speaking out against the SISIP clawback because it was the right thing to do. The list of some Veterans who have been vocal in the media includes Pat Strogran, Sean Bruyea, Perry Gray, Don Leonardo, and our very own Ron Cundell, but none of them are receiving a dime for their efforts. Sure he has talked to class members and lent an ear to their stories, but that is something the faithful here on CSAT do and continue to do and offer everyday. Sure Dennis had his privacy breached, but even that isn't such an isolated occurrence. He also appeared in front of political committees, but so have other Veterans. So you have to ask yourself, what exactly did Dennis do that nobody else did or was able to do over the last several years, that would earn him the lofty praise bestowed upon him?
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 16:54

Devans156
"Because of Dennis my pension went from $900 to $2500. Because of his effort life is finally good. I am now getting twenty years back pay and if it was not for his efforts I would be getting nothing."

I am happy for you, truly I am Devans156 - When you see how much taxes and how much legal fees you will pay if they get at 17.83%. Come back here Devans 156 and lets us know. Being in Ontario 11.3%, plus two tier surtax, 56% on a portion, plus 29% federal, plus deem taxed calculations, plus legal fees of 17.83% . Your 20 years of stolen money will see in your pocket 29-35% approx.

Meanwhile Dennis gets a $45000 bonus after taxes and legal fees paid and the 3 lawyers Peter Dan and Ward become instant multimillionaires on or before May 2 2013 With 5 years of work.Someone prove me wrong on this one Smile ( I wonder if they had time to work on other legal matters?)

The Government of Canada lawyers, the Judge will likely agree that $66,000,000.00 million for 8600 hours of work is offensively high. He may reduce it. MAY! (Btw who audited these hours or were they just MC logging them- Is it possible that these hours are embellished?)

WE ARE ALL THANKFUL TO THOSE THAT HELPED VETERANS.

Last edited by Snorri on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 17:32; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 15:40

devans, glad to hear that Life is better for you, WOW 20 years , Life will even be a bit better, when you receive your retro.

Back to top Go down

Post by devans156 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 15:25

Because of Dennis my pension went from $900 to $2500. Because of his effort life is finally good. I am now getting twenty years back pay and if it was not for his efforts I would be getting nothing. I think he did a fantastic job and I have personally written and thanked him. People are always going to complain and find fault no matter what you do for them. As far as I am concerned he is the only one that stood up for us and got the ball rolling to where it is now. No one else did. I have utmost respect for the man and wish him the best in life.

devans156
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 15:01

Have to agree with Navrat, why the hell would a "SOLDIER" throw his trench mates to the wolves, 30% interest really? As a lead plantiff representing 7500+ troops, you would have to be half retarded to accept that agreement, unless there was a padding for yourself. Yes MC did have our stolen money returned, thanks for that. No different than a lawyer chasing a ambulance, already knowing the have won. The only way the judge will reject this deal is if the firm came across as to greedy and is taking advantage of disabled vets. There will be a price to pay if this should happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 14:43

What do I owe Dennis, nothing, not a cent, I payed a law firm to return my money! I can't owe someone for something that was always mine! Do you Ironman or Hamfrd believe and respect a guy who puts the needs and wants of the law firm ahead f his fellow veterans! Who calls people houses and rants and raves like an out of control manic! What a fuckin joke, I owe him nothing, they sold us out by not getting us damages, by agreeing to simple interest when it should have been compound interest and by putting their foot down and demanding GOC cover legal fees. They originally asked for this in the beginning but took the easy way! Then they gave us a gag order, didnt want any input from the class, used CSAT to relay information and once the 15 of feb passed , said fuck you to CSAT , where done too bad! Actually Dennis was used by the law firm also, they put him in front of the media and use him as a prop then decide hey will give him 50000 tell him to say whatever like a parrot, any forget about him also! View the last 6 months , step back , with an open mind, hell we can't even get a sitrep for 66 million, it's a sad joke, in my opinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:49

Big Rex, I have the deeppest respect for those who are willing to ask the rigth questions and also write their miscontempt. I'm just tired of reading what's been said, argued or complained when there is nothing else to do but wait. I think I have to let things, this site is making me worst than to give me pertinent intel for reassurance. I going to take a couple of weeks not coming here for the good of my soul.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:44

Ex-para, my respect or Dennis is not about cash, its about following every step he took since the begining and you have to respect that. He snapped at vets on here? you guys never snap? guess everybody on here is perfect... DENNIS IS EVIL PASS THE WORD OOUUUHHH
I started understanding s Dennis attitude on here a few weeks back by reading some of you, And now I understand why He does not come here anymore. ITS ALL SHIT! ITS ABOUT PUTTING DOWN VETS! you are doing what you blame Dennis of doing!
The worst in all this is when you get your cheques, more bitchin will come, oh the cheque is not the write color, oh they spelled this wrong, oh this and that...ENOUGH!!!!!
I m out

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:28

Ironman, people are appreciative of Dennis for taking on the class action, which he did not start, btw. Another veteran who was too ill to go public first contacted PD and then asked Dennis to take the reigns. What many people on here have seen is a lead plaintiff taking out his frustrations on members of the class, who have the audacity to ask questions. he has called members of the class stupid and uninformed (and other more inflammatory names), so it is his interactions with class members who haven't towed the line, that has lost him the respect of many.

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:24

Hey Guest ,
I don't blame you for not putting your name on this , (1) it would take a lot of guts which 99% of the Country don't have (2) no matter what you post here , someone will have an adverse opinion , & tell you , you're right out to fuckin lunch .
Overall , great points of which a lot of it is true & i know Dennis better than a lot of you as i worked with him in Petawawa for a number of years , none of us is perfect & god knows , we do our best at times & at times fuck it up most of the time , it's human nature .
Dennis has gone so far as to call & attack Veterans on the phone right inside their own homes as families listened in on the speaker , that's his way of releasing i guess , my Psychologist certainly doesn't recommend it .
Maybe the only way he could receive the 50 grand was to give PD @ McInnis /Cooper the go ahead to say yes to the 1/2 ass attempt to better numbers we as a class could have had , because as noted by a Great Number of Veteran's on here , THE NUMBERS ARE LOW ON OUR RETURN , So ya ! it looks as though we were SOLD OUT & to the Lowest Bidder for the HIGHEST RETURN .....?......

The only thing were doing that's productive on here , is to keep kicking the shit out of each other each & every day , that we don't have " POSITIVE INTEL " to truly say something even better with Greater Intelligence .

We Need New Intel , to become positively productive once Again , as Former Soldiers , we feel fucking useless when we get Stood Down , and ain't that the fucking truth .......?.......

My Opinion of course ,

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
Dave Fitzpatrick

Last edited by Recon031 on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 13:01; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:21

I guess many base respect on cash. Yes it is true that Dennis put us in a better monatary situation, however respect cannot be bought and must be earned. he lost my respect once he gave up on the CSAT site and fellow vets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:16

I like reading that Dennis is not respected here... When all we are getting is because of all the effort and sacrifices he put in for us! We may not agree with that happened but he deserves our respect!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:12

First take youre medication, second have the courage to put youre name on youre opinion, third you can bitch all you want about Dennis but read all about was he has done since 2007, without him thousands of borthers would have nothing.

There is always someone to shit on the work of others without looking at the BIG PICTURE. THE ONES WHO DID NOTHING TO IMPROVE THE LIFE OF OTHERS SHOULD SHUT THE F$%K UP, you're having the benefits of Dennis work without lifting a finger! He did'nt ask for 50 000$, the lawfirm is giving it to him (it does'nt come out of youre pocket).

I so tired of those anonymous bitchers who have nothing constructive to say. Make something good for youre life and have the merit to do it yourself!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:10

Hey guys, Dennis contacted Sparrow because he knows we respect her and she did nothing wrong relaying a message to the forum, just like a newspaper reporter relays information they receive to the newspaper. The bigger picture is Dennis and the law firm aren't respected here and alot of other places anymore from their own actions within the last month. No sitreps. Etc,, Dennis knows this that's why he went thru a third party!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:09

Thank you trooper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next