Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fraud & Disability

+5
bigrex
Teager
prawnstar
1993firebird
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Fraud & Disability - Page 3 Empty Re: Fraud & Disability

Post by Guest Fri 29 Apr 2016, 17:43

And it begins............this bs starts it's hard to stop! If Canada doesn't want to cover non combat injuries than insure cf members under provincial workman compensation.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 29 Apr 2016, 16:07

20 year , 5 month , 2 week Veteran here. I think I earned it.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Fri 29 Apr 2016, 15:58

propat wrote:ya know im wondering if he read the last ombudsman report that studied VRAB decisions . was quite a few years ago but I think it showed that 65% of the DENIALS were done incorrectly . im wondering if ALL VRAB members have his mindset and that's why the system is so slanted against vets with legitimate claims in the first place . maybe a lot of those fracked up decisions were his ????

propat

Exactly. Some effen politician pretending to know what makes a veteran a veteran. If you didn't have the balls to sign the blank cheque to your country shut your effen mouth.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Apr 2016, 15:45

ya know im wondering if he read the last ombudsman report that studied VRAB decisions . was quite a few years ago but I think it showed that 65% of the DENIALS were done incorrectly . im wondering if ALL VRAB members have his mindset and that's why the system is so slanted against vets with legitimate claims in the first place . maybe a lot of those fracked up decisions were his ????

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Apr 2016, 15:23

Fraud & Disability well let me say that Mr. MaCauley is missing one very important point here , all members of the Canadian Forces sign on to answer the call of war.
It is because of this very reason medically released Veterans are entitled to VAC benefits !
To compare benefit entitlement from his uncle who served in WWII is just complete nonsense !
Yes combat has a much higher rate of death or injuries , but VAC is not geared to only those who suffer injuries from front line combat , it is suppose to be a one Veteran one Standard approach which supports all members of the forces , combat or not.
This all for the simple point that all forces members sign on to answer the call of war , call it an indirect sacrifice , call it what you will but show me where Gary MaCauley sign that same line to answer the call of war ?
You won't find it because those who sit back and write BS books on hypothetical thoughts based on working for VRAB and failing to understand why it is non combat medically released forces members are entitled to VAC benefits.
The same goes for those who have the mindset that non combat medically released forces members should only be entitled to insurance and not VAC benefits.
Again they are missing the point that all forces members sign on to answer the call of war , weather they are in combat or not , they all have access to the VAC benefits.
If they want to take these VAC benefits away from non combat medically released forces members , have those non combat trades exempt from signing the declaration.
This is the point that I think a lot of individuals fail to understand , and this type of hypothetical nonsense is the result I think of just that.
Again with the PTSD , anyone who stands there and says that this individual should not be receiving benefits for PTSD , and is not a qualified physician is just simply speaking completely out of terms , speaking on matters such as this without the proper qualifications to back up their statements or suggestions is simply just speaking on personal beliefs , it is non professional and should be Ignored at all levels.
It is simply an opinion one has that holds absolutely no merits.

So bottom line for me here is simple , Ignore what Gary McCauley and others are saying because it is not fact based and holds no merits ,  it is individuals simply trying to influence their thoughts , suggestions or opinions on others , which in my opinion is Ignorance at it's best , and serves only to provoke disabled Veterans.

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Fri 29 Apr 2016, 15:13

This is how VRAB people justify denying claims. Like "this guy is out to lunch he has to be faking it". McCauley should not be making money on the backs of DISABLED VETERANS. If his vision of a modern day veteran is like WWII vets he needs to get his head out of his A$$.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 29 Apr 2016, 13:56

All of my disability claims are fraudulent because I never served one second in combat and I am very proud of it.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Fraud & Disability - Page 3 Empty Fraud & Disability

Post by 6608 Fri 29 Apr 2016, 13:05

Has anyone here read this book??............

Fraud & Disability: The SNAFU at Veterans Affairs
by G.F. McCauley

Most Canadians have heard the story of trouble at Veterans Affairs. And most Canadians believe our injured veterans are badly treated by their government.

But there is a story behind this story, a shocking story that details how many modern day veterans have stained the sacrifice of those who fought and died in Flanders Fields, who toppled tyrants in World War II, who resolutely endured the misery of Korea and Afghanistan.

Fraud and Disability chronicles countless dubious and fraudulent disability claims having nothing to do with combat, claims fostered by undisciplined and profligate compensation programs, claims that consume millions of the funds meant to compensate the genuinely entitled.

Fraud and Disability offers suggestions to the second Trudeau government on how to clean up a mess inherited from past governments and replace it with a future that is just and equitable, both for veterans and the Canadian taxpayer.

This call to action is daily becoming more urgent; stories are now surfacing in the media that could lead to a harmful backlack against a program that ought to be fully dedicated to helping those who are in genuine need.

Reviews

By Ronald E. Dines on April 28 2016
I am certain that very few people (myself included) have any idea of the degree of fraud being perpetrated in the name of Veterans Affairs. One thinks only of veterans as people who fought bravely in combat for the protection of our country and our values and those people truly deserve whatever benefits to which they are entitled. What we see here, however, is the seamy side of things where someone who was a clerk for a short period of time gets a significant benefit (and they are all tax free) because her chair wasn't sufficiently ergonomic, thousands of people with hearing loss in later life who get sizable benefits because they had brief rifle training up to forty years earlier and the abuse of PTSD is just something you have to read to believe. No one party in government is singled out. They are all to blame, but now is the time to revamp this system and to get it right. These thousands of abuses by people at the trough result in the rest of us paying higher taxes.

By L.Owen on April 21 2016
This severe but fair indictment of the current practices and policies of Canada's Department of Veterans Affairs regarding the administration of disability claims should provoke not just concern but genuine anger on the part of all right-thinking citizens. Much of what is described here relates to an unfortunate 21st century North American trend which features a vocal minority of self-absorbed citizens who possess a misguided sense of entitlement coupled with a reluctance to take personal responsibility for past actions. The majority pays the price in the form of higher taxes. L.Owen

By E. Cox on April 20 2016
My first thought after reading this book was that it should be compulsory reading for all Canadians. While I firmly believe there are veterans who are extremely deserving of the benefits they receive, this book clearly demonstrates a system which enables people who are totally unworthy to obtain these same benefits Shame on those unworthy applicants for their greed and deceit. Double shame on those Veterans Affairs bureaucrats who would even consider such claims. The author should be highly commended for having the courage to bring this travesty to the light of day, this absolute drain on the public purse. One can only hope his efforts will not be in vain. E.Cox

By Sierra on April 20 2016
I'm amazed at the amount of research and well documented cases contained in this book. I'm also dismayed that the system is so flawed that these abuses have occurred. Anyone reading Fraud & Disability can be in no doubt that they have occurred, it's too well documented to think otherwise. Congratulations to the author for bringing this to the attention of Canadians. It takes courage to poke a "sacred cow" such as Veterans Affairs and to expose the continuing abuse of the system. At least now cases are in the public domain and people can find out for themselves who gets a pension and why they get it.

By Doug Roberts on April 18 2016
Absolute garbage this clown should stick to fiction

Here is what I found on the author..........

Former Liberal MP Gary Francis McCauley published a book that’s sure to generate a reaction from current and past members of the Canadian military. Titled Fraud & Disability: The SNAFU at Veterans Affairs, the 140- page book details countless cases of what Mr. McCauley considers bogus disability claims by current or former members of the armed forces and RCMP. One chapter he called People Out to Screw the Department details Mr. McCauley’s opinions on post-traumatic stress disorder and some questionable-sounding claims—the names of claimants aren’t included—related to PTSD he says came before him while he served on the Veterans Review and Appeal Board, which hears appeals over benefi t claims denied by the federal government, in the mid-2000s. Mr. McCauley, who represented Moncton, N.B. from 1979 to 1984, had previously published a pair of historical fi ction novels based loosely on the experiences of his uncle, who served in the Second World War. “That was my image of a veteran when I went to work for the Veterans Review and Appeal Board. I quickly learned that the people I was seeing didn’t measure up to that image,” he said in an interview. Mr. McCauley said disability fraud among veterans and soldiers isn’t scrutinized carefully enough in Canada, thanks to a culture of “mindless patriotism” in which criticism of the military is taboo. “I think the politicians are as much in the dark as the Canadian public,” he said. The book can be ordered through its publisher, Thorny Issue Press.

http://www.hilltimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/041316_ht_wed.pdf

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3