Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assorted Merged Stored Topics

+24
Rags
Slaket
abetterway
Dannypaj
armybulldog
1993firebird
rucksack031
Kramer
Dove96
meteck
Sapper Zodiak
birdgunner
johnny211
2 Truck
BinRat
Rifleman
cosmo12
pinger
loggie
Teentitan
prawnstar
bigrex
Jeffery M
28 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

who do you want to win this election ?

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 21 Vote_lcap100%Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 21 Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 19 ]
Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 21 Vote_lcap0%Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 21 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 21 Vote_lcap0%Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 21 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 21 Empty 6 charts show Stephen Harper has the worst economic record of any Prime Minister since World War II

Post by Kramer Sat 01 Aug 2015, 11:06

Let the mud slinging begin

http://www.pressprogress.ca/6_charts_show_stephen_harper_has_the_worst_economic_record_of_any_prime_minister_since_world_war_ii

You will need to visit the link in order to see the charts........if interested.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 21 Empty Applying for a benefit with zero documentation

Post by Guest Sat 01 Aug 2015, 05:32

Here is an interesting article of an older Veteran who is seeking greater access to personal home care services.
He is using solely his word an the word of his doctor in his application.
Although I would like to see him succeed , I highly doubt he will be successful.
I think when we hear of Veterans who submit documentation an are denied benefits , an are not given the benefit of doubt , the chances of him succeeding is not what one may call , likely.
I am curious to know if the benefit of doubt would even be considered in a case such as this.
The sad part of all of this is that it is likely that this individuals duty as a medic more than likely has resulted - or to a degree has resulted in his arthritis and back pain , which now he is lacking any direct proof of this being linked to his service.
One story of I'm sure many more who find themselves in this similar circumstance.

Here is the article :

Prolific N.B. veterans' advocate now struggling with the system himself

A Canadian Forces veteran who has spent decades helping fellow veterans navigate the system to receive their benefits has found himself in an unusual situation: struggling to get help for himself.
Norman Gaillard, a decorated former armed forces medic living in Quispamsis, N.B., is trying to get Veterans Affairs to help him get greater access to personal home care services.
The medic’s job often required the lifting of heavy stretchers, he says.
PHOTOS
Norman Gaillard
Norman Gaillard keeps mounds of paperwork related to his own request for help, as well as those of dozens of other veterans.
“Of course, back in the 1950s and 1960s, there were no automatic lifting devices — it was all done physically,” Gaillard said.
Now, he has arthritis and back pain that his doctor says is “directly” linked to his service.
But Gaillard has been denied, in part because there is no record of him being injured at the time.
Gaillard, a former Legion branch president who has been recognized by Veterans Affairs for his working helping veterans, says even his “knowing the ropes” hasn’t made a difference in this struggle.
“That's the irony of the whole situation: I don't seem to have a problem getting something for our other veterans, but apparently I can't get anything for myself,” he said.
Fellow veterans’ advocate Lou Cuppens, also retired from the military, says there’s a simple reason why the documents don’t exist.
"In his medical records in the military, there's no record of him ever complaining about his back, and so many veterans in this country lived through an era — I did too — where to go on sick parade and report yourself ill, it was looked at as malingering,” Cuppens said.

“So that's why there's no record.”
The situation, says Cuppens, is made all the more deplorable given the impact Gaillard has had helping other veterans.
“He has helped 17 veterans get their benefits this year,” Cuppens said.
Gaillard says Veterans Affairs has offered a nurse to conduct an assessment of his needs, but says he’s not sure why another assessment is needed to back up his request for help.

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/prolific-n-b-veterans-advocate-now-struggling-with-the-system-himself-1.2497583

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 21 Empty Re: Assorted Merged Stored Topics

Post by pinger Thu 30 Jul 2015, 09:13

It will be the longest election campaign since 1926.
Sounds like a bittersweet swan song to me as the turfed senators will get their salaries in the interim.

I'm waiting for another scandal to happen during the election campaign Smile pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jul 2015, 06:11

He wants to waste more taxpayers dollars. NDP is coming on to strong buy telling the truth how can a lying dictator compete with the truth.

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 21 Empty Stephen Harper expected to call election as early as Sunday

Post by Kramer Wed 29 Jul 2015, 23:16

?????????????

ww.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/stephen-harper-expected-to-call-election-as-early-as-sunday-report/ar-AAdGepM?ocid=mailsignoutmd

How many debates?.....dirty pool? Perhaps he fears a fair fight?
I guess.....time will tell........

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 21 Empty Sydney exhibit captures veterans' reactions to Veterans Affairs office closure

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jul 2015, 16:07

A Cape Breton photographer who captured veterans’ reactions to the closure of the Veterans Affairs service office is displaying his work in Sydney.
Charlie Morrison says the men and women depicted in his photos have faces lined with time and experience, and their stories are those of battles faced on the frontlines, and also at home.
Morrison was inspired after learning about the closures of the Veterans Affairs office in Sydney more than a year ago.
RELATED STORIES
New facility in Sydney aims to fill void left by Veterans Affairs office closure
Veterans say report proves government was wrong to close offices
Hundreds gather at Veterans Affairs office in Sydney to protest closure
“There’s about 35 pictures here and there are various ages, various conflicts. I’ve also included a text aspect to it,” he says.
“There’s research and background information, so you can get an idea of what their lives have been life since and during their service.”
In addition to the photos, the exhibit also features an audio section, with excerpts taken from interviews Morrison conducted with the veterans.
The exhibit will be on display at the Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design until Aug. 14. It opened just days after Veterans Affairs Minister Erin O’Toole announced the hiring of four new case workers for Cape Breton.

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/sydney-exhibit-captures-veterans-reactions-to-veterans-affairs-office-closure-1.2477566

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 21 Empty Election 2015

Post by Kramer Wed 15 Jul 2015, 17:34

This is a few months old........but was new(s) to me.

The band wagon is getting really full Smile

http://www.canadianprogressiveworld.com/2015/04/10/quebecs-second-largest-union-to-campaign-against-harper-during-2015-federal-election/

Quebec’s Second Largest Union To Campaign Against Harper During 2015 Federal Election
APR 10, 2015 by OBERT MADONDOin 2015 FEDERAL ELECTION
TwitterFacebookGoogle+LinkedInPinterestStumbleUponTumblrRedditShare
by: Obert Madondo | Apr 10, 2015

Stephen Harper is in real big trouble. One more formidable group has joined Anything but Conservative or ABC, the political movement mobilizing Canadians to vote for any party other than the Harper Conservatives.

The Confederation of National Trade Unions, Quebec’s second-largest labour federation, will campaign against the Harper Conservatives during the 2015 federal election.

The Canadian Press reports, “Confederation of National Trade Unions president Jacques Letourneau said Friday one of its affiliates, which represents 6,000 prison guards, will campaign against the Tories in certain Quebec ridings and in Ontario, particularly in the Toronto area.”

The Canadian Press adds that, in vote-rich Quebec, the 325-member union “will target three specific regions where it believes the Tories are vulnerable: the Eastern Townships; Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean, about 250 kilometres north of Quebec City; and Chaudiere-Appalaches, near Quebec City.”

The Confederation of National Trade Unions joins several organized groups that have already announced that they will actively campaign against the Conservatives during the election, scheduled for October 19. Most of the groups are aligned with ABC.

Danny Williams, the outspoken former premier of Newfoundland and Labrador, started the ABC movement in 2007 in response to the Harper government’s broken promises regarding equalization payments to the province. Williams, a Progressive Conservative, sought to defeat Conservative candidates in Newfoundland and Labrador during the October 2008 federal election. The campaign reportedly hurt the Conservatives.

The Union of Canadian Correctional Officers, which represents Canada’s prison guards, announced joining ABC last May.

Last fall, iPolitics reported that “only 20 per cent of second generation Canadians said they would vote Conservative”. The ethnic vote is widely credited for giving the Conservatives their undeserved majority during the 2011 federal election.

Public broadcasting watchdog, Friends of Canadian Broadcasting, has been sniping at the Conservatives for a few years now. Friends accuses the Conservatives of planning to “turn our national public broadcaster into a government propaganda machine – a state broadcaster!” The Confederation of National Trade Unions represents represents employees of Radio-Canada, the CBC’s French affiliate.

In November, the Canada Coalition for Veterans announced that it would join ABC. The group has been campaigning against the Conservatives’ recent closure of nine Veterans Affairs offices across Canada, a move that has significantly reduced veterans’ right of access to pensions and disability benefits.

Also in November, the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC) announced that it would abandon its “tradition of neutrality in elections.” The union representing 55,000 federal scientists and related professionals in the federal public service will actively campaign against Harper.

RELATED: Brigette DePape and the youth insurgency against Harper

Earlier this year, game-changing activist Brigette DePape kicked of Get Out the Youth Vote tour, a much-needed youth democratic insurgency against Harper, sponsored by the Council of Canadians. The campaign, which is part of the Council of Canadians’ democracy campaign, encourages Canadian youth to vote against the Conservations. The campaign supported by numerous youth-oriented organizations and movements, among them: ShitHarperDid, the Canadian Federation of Students, LeadNow, and Apathy is Boring.

To survive, Harper would have to rig the 2015 federal election on a more massive scale than witnessed during the 2011 election.

Around the Web:

Angry veterans group plans campaign against Harper’s Conservatives – CBC News
‘These guys have to get out’: Prison guards union to campaign against Conservatives – Global News
Veterans across Canada plot campaign against Conservatives – The Chronicle Herald
Union for federal scientists breaks neutrality, will campaign against Harper – CTV News
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 21 Empty Nomination for the Order of the Legion of Honour Extended

Post by Teentitan Sun 17 May 2015, 13:55

The Nomination of WWII veterans for the Legion of Honour of France has been extended.  Deadline for applications must be submitted to VAC by 10 July 2015.

To find the letters from France and VAC and the Application Form go to the Notice Board on VVi's main board.

If you know a WWII vet and he/she has not applied please help them by telling them where they can get the forms.

I can't find the application form on the VAC website so direct them or their children to the Notice Board at VVi

LEST WE FORGET
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Fri 15 May 2015, 18:44

They have their own agenda that is obvious, and with a government that is looking more and more like a one man dictator........

The way Harper goes about ingratiating himself by promoting areas (or passing Bill's) people just don't want or care about. I just shake my head. He is not looking after Canadians best interest, their his own. And what gets my goat, is that he is sooooo arrogant, he doesn't have a clue.

He needs to go and take VRAB with him.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 21 Empty Save our Planet and our Health from GMO's

Post by Kramer Fri 15 May 2015, 18:21

I am not sure if this is the right venue or place to post this.......it is not about veterans......but it does affect everyone of us, so I would like to share.

If this is removed.......please accept my apologies for my ignorance.

Something needs to be done. Veterans are people who are so loyal to their country, many have given and many have lost theirs lives for it, so I know veterans are passionate about Canada/their home land.

The latest on the harm of GMO's (Genetically Modified Organisms). Basically GMO's are a result of scientist changing how seeds/plants grow and react to insecticides (makes them hardier......but at a cost). Farmers use these patented seeds so the farmers won't lose so much of their crops. But these modified seeds are not only unhealthy to us....they are unhealthy to other animals along with BEES......and we all know the importance of BEES.

I am not trying to preach.........but somewhat educate, as not long ago I had no idea what a GMO was.

If interested have a read at the attached link about why bees are dying in Ontario (I am sure many other places as well).

http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/neonicotinoids-pesticides-colony-collapse-of-honeybees-suppressing-immune-system.php

You have heard how I feel about how we should buy Canadian vice China..........well....for the big picture and health of everyone, we should also buy products GMO free. Haiti.......a relatively poor and small country, had the guts to stand up to the big guys and will not allow GMO's in their country.

Food for thought.......no pun intended as this is more serious than most realize.

Thank you for your time.

Riddick

Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 15 May 2015, 11:38

Well Mrs TT is building her garden wall for her mutant hostas, I'm clearing the deck of leaves, setting up my "pop" fridge in the garage. Tomorrow it's putting the patio furniture out and cleaning it while enjoying a nice cold pop. Then it's BBQ steak, classic rock tunes, a few pops and soaking up the natural Vitamin D....sunshine! And having a pop while getting my vitamin D. Don't worry folks I always check to make sure I don't get diabetes from having too many pops. LOL

LET THE SUMMER BEGIN PEOPLE OF CSAT AND LET US ALL ENJOY THE SUNSHINE AND POPS!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 15 May 2015, 08:42

Will do WT....Im riding my Harley this weekend as therapy much like Lawrence of Arabia did to ease his PTSD. Take a time out one day and read "Seven Pillars of Wisdom" Lawrence has a insight into PTSD way back in 1919.

Rags
Ride Free

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 21 Empty Long weekend

Post by Guest Fri 15 May 2015, 06:15

Enjoy your weekend everyone and stay safe. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 May 2015, 13:02

Sentencing postponed for 'phoney soldier' Franck Gervais

OTTAWA - The sentencing hearing for a man who pleaded guilty to unlawfully wearing a military uniform and medals during last year's Remembrance Day ceremony in Ottawa has been postponed.
Franck Gervais was originally expected in court today, but a judge has agreed to hold off issuing a sentence until Aug. 4.
Lawyer Mark Moors, who spoke on behalf of Gervais, says the request for an extended delay, was necessary to allow preparations for the sentencing hearing to continue.

Gervais, from Cantley, Que., pleaded guilty in March to two charges for donning a military uniform, despite not serving in the military, and for wearing medals he didn't earn.
Additional charges of impersonating a soldier were expected to be formally withdrawn at sentencing.
Gervais came into the spotlight last Nov. 11 when he appeared in a televised interview wearing a Canadian Armed Forces dress uniform.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/sentencing-postponed-for-phoney-soldier-franck-gervais-1.2368074

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 11 May 2015, 11:31

wildthing - I watched this on the news this morning, and thought that us Vets are not the only one getting the shit end of our Government's stick..VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next