Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book Review of Fraud and Disability by G.F. McCauley

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Book Review of Fraud and Disability by G.F. McCauley - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Review of Fraud and Disability by G.F. McCauley

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 19:42

ok thanks bruce im guessing if the one example I read is not actually fraud even after he probably just invented it I was wondering if he actually invented any actual fraud to put in his book he titled using the word fraud ?

aint buying the book to find out lol.

thanks again

propat

Back to top Go down

Book Review of Fraud and Disability by G.F. McCauley - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Review of Fraud and Disability by G.F. McCauley

Post by pinger Tue 03 May 2016, 16:20

Good points propat. I'll throw a question out there about this McCauley book albeit I haven't read it.
I know this McCauley like I do McDonalds... neither.

Q: What happens when a... troll writes a book Mmm?
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 16:07

@Propat

It's difficult to say, because the Case Histories are a combination of fact and whatever fiction McCauley deemed necessary to try and persuade readers that his argument is the correct one.
Therefore, in my opinion no credence can be given to the Case Histories, which in turn lend nothing to reality.
So, your guess is as good as mine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 15:40

bruce I asked this in the previous thread im wondering if you seen it so ill paste it.

6608 thanks for that buds .bruce if ya don't mind would you keep an eye on his case studies ? im curios' about how many are actually fraud .

in the preview 6608 provided their is only one case study and it is not fraud .

maybe a loophole if you will or poorly written laws or tables but not fraud .

im wondering how many of the case studies are just rules and laws he disagrees with rightly so or wrongly , as compared to how many are actually fraud .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 03 May 2016, 15:32

Thank you for your point of view Bruce. It validates me circa 80's instead of being not "worthy".
Old timers told me I was worthy.

I never even knew vac existed back then.
And then I got a proper doctor instead of seeing my veterinarian. No pun at all...

Rude Awakening by Pat Stogran is a better read.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 03 May 2016, 14:50

Bruce72, This guy is a goof!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Tue 03 May 2016, 14:16

Bruce72, Thanks for the review! Appreciate you sharing your point of view on the author and debunking his points in this book.

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 13:13

Thanks for pointing that out, now where is my coffee.

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 12:46

Steelgunner ,

Your not dreaming , we locked the original topic , you can still view the post you just can't post.

It is a few topics below this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 12:34

Okay was I dreaming or has this post been censored? I thought I read many replies to this post. Some where very hot, not true, and did explain themselves fully. I wanted to respond to a point, but it's gone? Hmmm, did I take an extra pill and dreamed this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 12:26

@ Trooper

Thanks, and yes, this is my personal review. I read the entire book yesterday. I'm glad you agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 12:18

Bruce is this your personal review ?

If it is I commend for it an agree with your review !

Great job !

Back to top Go down

Book Review of Fraud and Disability by G.F. McCauley - Page 2 Empty Book Review of Fraud and Disability by G.F. McCauley

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 12:07

-It is my opinion that McCauley sees himself as the only person to have ever worked for the VRAB that has any experience, insight or knowledge to conduct fair hearings. According to McCauley, most of the people who work for the VRAB are perpetually breaking the rules and legislation that help to govern the hearings in favour of veterans.

-McCauley brands modern day veterans, even combat veterans, as whining babies and compares our service to that of veterans from WWI, WWII and Korea, basically saying we went through nothing and should count our lucky stars.

-McCauley down plays the toll that PTSD takes on veterans and their families, and offers up the notion that everyone heals from PTSD eventually so why should we be compensated for our mental wound and he further projects the question "how does giving money to anyone for any injury or wound help them in the long run?". His solution is medical intervention by way of pills, therapy and tough love.

"Sadly, there are some folks suffer PTSD in a real way and need help. The rest? Benefit whores that cheapen the diagnosis of PTSD." -Quoted from McCauley's book.

-McCauley claims to offer actual Case Histories, but in his book under Acknowledgments, he states "All case histories are based on case notes of sworn testimony given at the VRAB hearings. Names and non-essential details have been altered to protect privacy where circumstances warrant, and, in some cases particulars have been ADDED to reflect and CONTEXUALIZE typical claims".

In other words, its all make-believe to suit his needs for his book.

-McCauley attacks the media too, saying this skew the publics interpretation of how Canada treats her vets. He goes on to say that politicians are duped by the media and then that reflects in the legislation.

Because we all know that the media controls Ottawa. All I could do was laugh at this.

-McCauley also attacks health care professionals, saying most of them are being manipulated by clients and they themselves are guilty of playing the system for money.

In my opinion McCauley is an arrogant, self-centred, narcissistic individual with an answer for everything.

Everyone do yourselves a favour and do not let McCauley undermine your commitment, dedication, hard work and sacrifice

I personally will never allow myself to be painted by McCauley's poison paint-brush.

Don't give him the satisfaction like I did by reading his book. He isn't worth a second of your time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2