Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opening VAC offices

+4
johnny211
Teentitan
Rifleman
Newf
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Opening VAC offices - Page 2 Empty Re: Opening VAC offices

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2016, 19:39

steelgunner NO veteran should have to take a back seat AT ALL . tech savvy or not PA or NVC vet non should take a back seat . I myself was not impressed to say the least about the war over comment and not a big fan of this guy for that but happy the old folks got the DO back .

this is not a DO s or PA choice one or the other deal . the GOC might not look it most of the time but they can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time and no one is talking about taking away vets phone or internet services because of the offices opening .

ALL of the offices will probably be gone some day when less and less of the older less tech savvy vet are active clients and eventually none the DOs will be gone but we aint their yet and a whole pile of vets should not have to suffer because of clarks words the vet divisions of the day and all the political BS that comes with it.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2016, 18:09

Well said Steelgunner, I fully agree.

Sadly, there's not much that can be done about it, the government is handling themselves very well, as I said before, the bureaucrats are running the show, the government is being driven by the bureaucrats, the re opening of the offices feeds well into their PR system, the advisory groups feeds right into their PR system, the stakeholder summits feeds into their PR system. The government is playing their cards well and are winning full bore.

The NVC has succeeded in causing divisions among us all, that also plays right into the hands of the government.
It's a win win for the government, and a lose lose for those who are most in need, post 2006 Veterans.

Also, I would not count on the Equitas to fix this either, even if they succeed, the courts can't order the return of the tax free lifelong pension from the old act.

Shame on them all for being incompetent in not setting things right by focusing first on the return of the tax free pension.

The key moving forward is education, educate those in power, educate (some who advocate), and finally the Canadian public.
This will be a hard task to concur with so much divisions that we face today.

I know myself, our founder,  the Chief Editor, and Sean Bruyea are in favor of the return of the tax free lifelong pension as the number one priority, and perhaps more, but many do not see it the same way, so that is why it is extremely difficult to push for this in a face to face advocating way because we are not part of the advisory committee, and even then, if we were, we would just be another group feeding the PR system.

They cannot fool all of us!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2016, 16:45

So us vets that know how to pick up a phone and turn on a computer should take a back seat?  I think we got it all wRONg here.

They have always stated they will come to you, so why do we need to pump money into offices and stakeholders meetings? Because some people are selfish and think of themselves, the government wants good PR and they know if they keep the older Vets happy and pump the Legion with slush money they inturn get a reward of not protesting for the NVC.

Those Vets where so happy Meeting JT, I would not be and would tell him straight up what is the mood of the NVC Vets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2016, 16:01

well for starters I don't think ANYONE thinks a vet HAS to go to a DO . however somethings some people want to do face to face especially older folks who are not very tech savvy . some do need these offices and be able to get to them without packing a suitcase .

where the offices go must be determined by travel time . only the size of the office and staffing should be determined by vet population . just a small correction bigrex its about a 5 hour trip from Sydney to Halifax a trip for some vets would require a ambulance for transport and an overnight stay . NOT ACCEPTIBLE !!!

heck it would take me an hour and a half to get to one of these offices and I live in an are with one of the highest vet populations in the country if not thee highest and 4 in Toronto !!!!! WTF . people that complain about an office in Sydney I'm thinking are complaining about the wrong offices . I'm thinking one would be fine in Toronto sized and staffed as required .

however this issue pales in comparison to the buyout issue .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:49

I have been "in the system" for 8 years now and have never set foot in a VAC office. The closest one to me is in Victoria 300 k from me. My CM and I did everything on the phone or she came to me and helped me fill out forms and answer questions. Not saying DOs are not required but for me going into a DO for a face to face would be too stressful. From what I have heard some have bullet proof glass. Just what we need when we go in to meet what feels like the enemy. That photo op yesterday was pathetic. Smiling lying two face bastards fooling the public in thinking how well they are treating all veterans. Today is a day of remembrance so I will stop here and remember all that gave their lives AND those of us who have given more than those who who pretend they want to help us. LEST WE FORGET

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 11 Nov 2016, 08:24

The problem with that is. when does it stop? Do they say that in order to get a full office, you need X number of Veterans living within a certain geographical area? Or do they go by general population? Do they need a full office in North Bay, or Brandon? What about 4 offices in the Toronto area? By saying that it's OK to close, or downsize any office, because the local Veterans demographic is aging, you are giving them a license to do it to all the offices, regardless of how many Veterans are located nearby.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 10 Nov 2016, 21:59

Rex as much as you think the DO's are important I have to ask you why everyone thinks the veteran has to go to a VAC DO when VAC CM, CSA comes to the veteran in their home?

Now take the DO's they are going to open and the 150-200 personnel that are going to be working at underused DO's with a declining number every year. You even said it your DO is understaffed. So is mine.

Why wouldn't a satellite office of 2 or 3 be enough for Sydney? Or for that manner all the DO's they are going to open why not satellite offices? Then the majority of the new hires can be put where they are needed at cities with understaffed DO's.

Not to mention the money needed for rent of the buildings, utilities, insurance. Not the smartest use of money IMO.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 10 Nov 2016, 21:45

I agree that the offices were not a high priority, in the grand scheme of Veterans Issues, but it was still important. Sydney has around 4000 VAC clients that they were responsible for, and they were mainly older Veterans.And with that office closed, they had to travel up to 4 hours to Halifax for a face to face. The Sydney closure also put additional strain on the Halifax office, who were already under staffed (losing 5 CM's to the cuts), in spite of already being responsible for all of mainland Nova Scotia, and the numerous bases located here. So I won't bad mouth the Liberals for opening these offices, but I still demand action on the Pension promise.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 10 Nov 2016, 18:37

When you have to surround yourself with MP's and Legion people what does that tell you how many NVC vets are living in Sydney NS? But Clark got his coffee shop open again so him and his cronies can go down to have a coffee and get away from their wives for a few hours.

One other thing it looked like the whole Q&A with JT was everything BUT veteran issues.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2016, 17:57

These offices will close again, the government will address the public and verify the under use of these offices and they will list the cost to tax payers.  Taxpayers Money wasted.

It's like the banks of today I am still amazed at the people who stand in line at the bank and pay their bills, we should welcome them to the 21st Century.  VAC has done there job with My VAC account, I upload everything.

Quote Ron Clarke 31 mins ago
"The veterans can now go to the office and speak with their counsellors and not worry about telephones or computers,” he said. “They’re going to get their one-on-one, like we asked for . . . . Jeez, it’s great to sit down and talk to a person and get your message across.”

Gee, thanks Ron.  Guess that's your most important thing with PA Vets.  Go down to the  VAC office in person and make sure you get that monthly cheque.  I could be wrong but I noticed at the gathering with JT did not look like any NVC  Vets where there.  The growing divides grows more but at least Ron is happy as Frack.

Hey Ron, you got what you wanted. I am asking for the PA, Ron when your doing your face to face meeting next time could you put in a word for the Afghan Vet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 10 Nov 2016, 16:54

Know what is really shameful about Ron Clark?  He is the focus of these offices and after they opened his what does he say?  The war is over.

So ya you are right trooper it was all about what he wanted not what Afghan vets need.  Now that's damn shameful on him!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2016, 16:24

This whole government is about PR if you ask me.

Most Canadians do not understand the problems surrounding our file.
The government takes advantage of this by making a photo op opportunity every chance they get.
Ron Clarke is, I would bet fully on the old act, so he and other old timers especially those from the Legion, and other groups concentrate on what's best for them, leaving the newer vets far behind.
It's the post 2006 Veterans that are the losers here, they are the ones these old timers should be fighting for.
Opening the offices should have never been a priority, the lifelong pension for those post 2006 Veterans should have been the priority from the get go.
It's a dam shame that we have to come down to this, people looking after themselves and putting themselves before those who are most in need.
Seeing that most Canadians look at these photo op's as being a sign that this government is or has the best interest for all Veterans including those who are most in need, works right into the governments hands.
It is down right shameful!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 10 Nov 2016, 15:19

Now that's a great letter Steelgunner. Unfortunately that's a letter that is easily answered but will never be put on paper by Hehr, and JT....it's a great photo op for our PR Liberal propaganda machine.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2016, 14:25

Opening VAC offices

Nov 10, 2016

Veterans Affairs Canada will open MVA Kent Hehr mind in an insight to understand why he keeps repeating himself and producing the same copy and paste letter to Veterans.  

Note: Ottawa, ON, to open his mind in the near future but we our having trouble registering A connection to his mind.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/copy&pasteletters

Minister Hehr to open his mind.

Ottawa — The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, will officially open to all Veterans his mind to hopefully explain why it's the same letter over and over.  Newer Veterans questions this mind set when many have actually never step foot inside a VAC office.  All recent dealings with VAC are either dealt through the phone, computer, or mail.  In case where a severely injured VET needs personnel help VAC comes to them or their personnel care giver which is paid by VAC does the leg work for the VET.  

So, questions do a raise is this the best direction the GOC/VAC can go?

Just my opinion, maybe the VETs that want and use the Veterans Affairs offices can expand and inform myself what is it that you get out of these visits to a physical location?  I am not talking about medical appointments or  VAC schedule exams into claims.

Back to top Go down

Opening VAC offices - Page 2 Empty Trudeau re-opens Veterans Affars office in Sydney

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2016, 11:50

Trudeau re-opens Veterans Affars office in Sydney

Opening VAC offices - Page 2 Image
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau officially re-opens a Veteran Affairs office in Sydney on Nov. 10, 2016.

Click on the link below to view video

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/trudeau-re-opens-veterans-affars-office-in-sydney-1.3154165

THE CANADIAN PRESS
Published Thursday, November 10, 2016 7:26AM AST
Last Updated Thursday, November 10, 2016 12:33PM AST

SYDNEY, N.S. -- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has officially re-opened a Veterans Affairs office in Sydney, N.S., saying its closure was indicative of a Conservative government that lost its way.
At a ceremony in Sydney on Thursday, Trudeau said it was a priority for his year-old government to re-open veterans' offices across the country that had been shuttered by the Tories.
He said they plan to open a 10th office in Surrey, B.C., and said hundreds of staff have been hired across the country to lower wait times and improve service.

"Veterans deserve a level of service and the fact that the Conservatives cut those veterans service offices was a real shame, and indicative of a party that had lost its connection with Canadians and lost its sense of what's actually important," said Trudeau outside of the new office.

The former Veterans Affairs offices were closed as a cost-saving measure under the Harper government. In Sydney, protests were held to try to convince the Conservatives to reconsider the closure, and the Liberals promised to reverse it if they took power.

Ottawa said the new Sydney office will employ 15 staff who will serve approximately 2,200 veterans.

Trudeau was also expected to meet with veterans at the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 128 in Sydney on Thursday.

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/prime-minister-justin-trudeau-re-opens-veterans-affairs-office-in-sydney-1.3154165

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next