Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jamie MacAulay complained his claims are taking too long to process

Go down

Jamie MacAulay complained his claims are taking too long to process  Empty Re: Jamie MacAulay complained his claims are taking too long to process

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2016, 20:29

It takes a lot of courage to go public and put yourself on the line, not just for oneself, but for all veterans as MacAuley did with his email to The Guardian.

My hat off to him.

Back to top Go down

Jamie MacAulay complained his claims are taking too long to process  Empty Re: Jamie MacAulay complained his claims are taking too long to process

Post by johnny211 Sat 10 Sep 2016, 20:16

Jamie is a great Vet, who I know personally. Knowing what Jamie has gone thru, as I was there myself, it sickens me when once again that we who have "given it all for this country" have to go public to get help. When I say gave it all that is mind and body for most of us. WT_, is wrong with a country who send us to these crap holes all over the world, or did stuff here at home, and then think they can forget about us. Gov's must know by now that we will never, never give up the fight.
When crankly old gray haired farts like me, take there last march. The gov needs to know that there are younger ones who walk behind us, to take up the torch..Ok thats this old Rad Ops Rant for today,,Out..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Jamie MacAulay complained his claims are taking too long to process  Empty Jamie MacAulay complained his claims are taking too long to process

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2016, 17:33

Jamie MacAulay emailed The Guardian a few weeks ago saying he was upset that his disability claims were taking months to process.

A Montague veteran who complained to The Guardian about his claims taking too long to process says he is now being fast-tracked.

Jamie MacAulay, 39, emailed The Guardian a few weeks ago saying he was upset that his disability claims were taking months to process.

MacAulay said he has numerous claims into Veterans Affairs Canada that he filed in June and was told this week that it could take until the end of October or early November to get a decision on his claims.

Following a call to Veterans Affairs Canada by The Guardian on Friday, MacAulay said he then received a phone call informing him his claims were being fast tracked and he would have an answer by next week.

MacAulay medically retired from the military after serving mainly with the P.E.I. Regiment. He was part of the recovery effort for the Swiss Air disaster in 1998 and has also trained in the United States, Gagetown, N.B., and Kentville, N.S.

MacAulay said he now on medication for post traumatic stress disorder (he was diagnosed in 2005), alcohol dependency, anxiety, severe depression and has mobility issues he says came from years of carrying heavy military equipment that took a toll on his back.

He gets long term disability and permanent impairment allowance because he is unable to work.

“It’s pretty shameful that it takes them 16 weeks to look at your file and to make sure it has everything it needs, then it goes on to the next stage and it takes anywhere from 16 weeks and on for them to have it all put together and make a decision,’’ MacAulay said before adding that the claim then is sent off to head office to be signed off before a decision is made to approve or deny that claim.

MacAulay said his level of frustration has been rising for the past two years.

“It has resulted in a lot of stress on myself and my partner. Right now, I’m waiting for eight claims for things like restless leg, periodic limb movement, stomach problems from medication that I require for my back, and a couple of other things.

“When you’re sitting waiting for medication that you need and you’re the only source of income in the household . . . we have three kids . . . anything I make through Veterans Affairs is gone within the first three weeks (and you’ve got) bills, groceries and the kids wanting stuff.’’

The following is the response from Veterans Affairs Canada media relations officer Marc Lescoutre in regards to Jamie MacAulay’s complaints:

“For privacy reasons, we are not able to comment on a specific case, however, we can assure you the care and well-being of veterans and their families is our priority.

“In these types of situations, the department reaches out to individuals quickly, making every effort to resolve issues.

“Veterans Affairs Canada has been working hard to provide veterans and their families with the care and support they need when and where they need it.

“The department is working to improve program success by hiring more front-line staff; simplifying the decision-making process for some medical conditions; and working with partners to speed up access to service health records. We anticipate that this will contribute to improving services to veterans.’’

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/News/Local/2016-09-10/article-4637144/Going-to-The-Guardian-helps-veteran-get-his-claims-processed/1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down