Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time's up, Justin

3 posters

Go down

Time's up, Justin Empty Re: Time's up, Justin

Post by pinger Tue 20 Sep 2016, 17:17

I am getting really fed up with "BUREAUCRATS"
Who are they? Names please.
Do they even know what their doing !
Or are they out-sourced, third party, part-timers these days?

A little slack... if they didn't sell their soul, I won't burn their fracking house down.
Just venting my B.P. here but it really peeves me off to no end.

I want names ! Who are they? Come along side....

pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Sep 2016, 16:40

Well as it stands now the bureaucrats are in control of our file, I would say their getting better on holding the control, the government is allowing this to occur, in our case it gives Kent time to go outside of our file and give the public and some Veterans the illusion that he is in control of our file, and also the illusion that what is presented to him, by Veterans and Veterans groups are going to be reviewed by him and he's staff with the utmost attention. How can he give it any attention when everything is left up to the bureaucrats to implement? So far everything that has been done on our file, has been done by the bureaucrats. That tell's me that the bureaucrats are the ones getting the utmost attention by Kent, definitely not Veterans or Veterans groups. I stand by my former opinions, don't expect anything to change if the Veterans or Veterans groups continue to feed into their trap by providing them with PR, it will continue to be a loosing battle until a change in tactics is recognized, and acted upon to change the tables on those in charge of our file. JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 20 Sep 2016, 11:33

I dog eared pg. 160 for some reason Bruce. Perhaps dealing with the Woods report...

Teen, the way you describe ...

" Bureaucrats hate Conservatives because they try to govern so they lash out.
Bureaucrats love Liberals because they let them do what they want. "

That's pretty much... the dichotomy of the day. aka catch22
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 20 Sep 2016, 10:43

One of the biggest points I have learned over the years is this....

Bureaucrats hate Conservatives because they try to govern so they lash out.

Bureaucrats love Liberals because they let them do what they want.

So for us to change tactics we have to have all Canadians hold Liberals accountable when governing. It's their job not the bureaucrats.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Sep 2016, 07:56

I'm still reading Pat Strogan's (Colonel retired) Rude Awakening: The governments secret war against Canada's Veterans.

In the book there is a section that details how the federal government has over the decade used deceptive tactics to try to trick the general population into thinking that Canada's veterans, depending on the type of service contributed are somehow less deserving than veterans of differing wars.

For example August 9th is Peacekeeping Remembrance Day, but by having a small monument and small ceremony on a day which in essence lacks notoriety, the public pays little attention, therefore never really taking into consideration the sacrifices made by those who wore the Blue Beret.

It is these perceptions that need to be changed. We need the public to back every veteran, regardless of when, how and where they served.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Sep 2016, 06:51

True enough Teen, bureaucrats are laughing their way to the bank with their tactics to secure themselves on the backs of Canadian Disable Veterans. The MVA and he's staff allow the bureaucrats to control our file, the end results are simple, we get what the bureaucrats implement as to the way they want, not the way Veterans want. So what's the answer? Is continuing to prove to the government that what is happening is wrong? Is continuing to feed into their PR system so that they can continue to control everything without acting on the wishes or recommendations by Veterans or Veterans groups? Sometimes in life reality needs to be recognized and changes in tactics are needed to fight the fight with actually raising the chances of changing what needs changing. In the disabled Canadian Veterans case what is, and has been used to fight the fight is clearly not working. Perhaps this may have been the case years ago in terms of being heard with some influence for positive change , but this is clearly not the case today. I believe if what is transpiring in terms of how Veterans and Veterans groups play the same tune in terms of our tactics used in fighting for change continues, we will continue to fail in our quest to better the system, I believe if we continue in this fashion we will continue to feed into the governments PR system, resulting in aiding the bureaucrats to continue to shaft us all for their own well being. JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 19 Sep 2016, 23:04

I just love the title of that ipolitics article. "Time's up Justin."

George Carlin comes to mind for some odd reason...

"The table is tilted folks, the game is rigged."
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 19 Sep 2016, 22:20

Trooper over the years I have talked with VAC Ministers from both parties. Reminded both parties of their election promises they either delayed, re-worded, slide numbers around it's always the same....just give me your vote and Ill see what I can do with the bureaucrats.

Bureaucrats that work for their bonus, keep the system confusing, just so they can keep their job. Let's be honest here they are in their wheelhouse of joy because there is 2 acts for veterans and we don't have a union that could have voted down the NVC like the RCMP.

Promises during an election are like hemorrhoids....the more made the more preperation H you need when you start reminding them about the promises. And it takes a hell of a long time for the cream to work when one party makes way too many promises.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 16:35

Every CSAT member has the right to give an opinion, as long as the opinion is respectful towards their fellow member, it's all comes down to just being an opinion. Here is something I wrote over the Weekend to a fellow staff member; " And opinion is just that, and opinion, we have to all respect each others opinion rather we agree or disagree, each opinion holds it's own merits to the person or persons giving the opinion, it's in my mind the reality we must all accept."

Now I will give my opinion, the Liberals campaign promises and election promises looked and sounded good, real good, given that were just shy of a year since the Liberals took office, personally I'm not impressed so far. I'm not convinced at this stage of the game that the Liberals are any better than the Conservatives or the NDP when it comes to our file. Bruce said it right, regardless of political stripes, the only party that would put one above the other is one who keeps their promises made. Some may see the 15% ELB increase and the boost in the lump sum as putting them over the others, some are happy with the re opening of offices, that is or could be viewed as better. As for myself, none of that has impressed me enough to say their better than any other, not at this point in the game. Further to this, the tactics used by this particular government regarding our file, are no different than past governments. With that said, it's only my opinion and I sincerely respect all the opinions whether, they agree or not, it's just an opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 16:03

look the cons were bad sure not a big fan but the did do a few good things . bash away that's fine I'm with ya but common be fair . I think the RDSP was the biggest improvement in benefits for the disabled in this country in over 50 years so knocking them on that I think is a little disingenuous . yup it was the finance ministers thing because of his own personal situation but they got it done . if every politician had a child disabled in the military we would have seen those sunny ways a long time ago .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 13:51

What would make me feel sunny, is if the federal government whoever they might be, and whatever their political stripe, kept the promises they make. And did not take for granted their elected status, because it's not a free ride to unbridled decision making.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 19 Sep 2016, 13:45

Ahh Navrat, ooops sorry sea0shell, to have such an opinion of a Conservative government means you are a hard-core, card carrying Liberal. So it is expected that any negativity or sign of disrespect to your Leader only results in bashing the previous government from you that means he hasn't done anything of value for the country for you to defend.

Especially seeing as he has adopted the Conservative greenhouse emmissions goal, maintaining a lot of that big old nasty Bill C-51, quietly pushing to get pipe lines laid so he can sell that dirty Alberta oil, oh and best of all he is going to whip out his F-18's for a mission of his choice for the UN.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 Mon 19 Sep 2016, 12:47

The feeling in this country, people are saying, is more upbeat, more sunny you could say! What I like about Trudeau is he and his very pro veteran government is very positive unlike the Conservatives who always tried to frighten and belittle anyone who disagreed with their neo-fascist views ranging from same sex marriage to medical marijuana to benefits for the disabled! Stephen Hipper and his crew are hopefully the last of the grumpy old white male dominated reform party and maybe a new progressive conservative element will grow and give Canadians and veterans a real modern alternative .

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 19 Sep 2016, 10:34

Well buying a seat at the UN Security Table is one of his agendas which leads to the coveted position his father never got UN Secretary General.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Time's up, Justin Empty Time's up, Justin

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 07:00

Time's up, Justin.

Sept 19, 2016

The Emperor has no shirt, but that’s OK, people apparently like that. And they love Justin Trudeau.

But popularity, even of the feverish variety, is like glacier water. There is only so much of it and then it is gone. The lesson? Use this precious commodity wisely. Like credibility, it is a non-renewable resource.

Rather than authenticating his popularity with promises kept, the new Liberal government is beginning to draw too heavily on Trudeau’s charisma as the antidote to the first signs of uneasiness that’s building out there.

Are Canadians really headed to Camelot or back to Bullshit City?

Selfies, canoe sorties, sunrise rituals and tattoos all have their place in post-substance politics. But they do not replace credible legislative action in the long run.

And then there is the character issue. On several fronts, Trudeau’s cabinet has behaved with an all-too-familiar sense of entitlement. After two years of torture for Sen. Mike Duffy on his public spending, there shouldn’t be any confusion in the mind of any federal cabinet minister, or their staff, on the expenses issue. But there has been.

Big bills for limo rides (Health minister Jane Philpott), billing their departments for expenses related to partisan events (Justice minister Judy Wilson-Raybould), and $6,600 for photographs (Environment minister Catherine McKenna). There has even been a resignation from cabinet, the details of which were covered up with a furtiveness worthy of the Harper thought police.

Trudeau may have appointed a former regional chief, Jody Wilson-Raybould, justice minister of Canada, but that won’t trick First Nations peoples into believing he has their interests at heart. Buckskin jacket and all, Trudeau is beginning to make them wonder.

Instead of acknowledging aboriginal rights, Trudeau has allied himself on the infamous Site C dam project with one of the most unpopular politicians in the land, B.C. premier Christy Clark. He granted federal permits to allow BC Hydro to flood 83 kilometres of the Peace River Valley, a highly controversial project opposed by Treaty 8 Indian bands, farmland advocates, and Amnesty International.

Worse, Trudeau has done this while Indigenous Peoples are arguing against Site C in the courts. Until the courts decide whether the West Moberly and Prophet River First Nations gave their “free, prior, and informed consent” to the project, no one knows if this decision by two levels of government is even constitutional.

With his decision, Trudeau is replicating the Harper approach — damn the courts, aboriginal rights, and full speed ahead. That could be why, as reported by the Georgia Straight, the president of the Royal Society of Canada wrote to Trudeau with a blunt message: “Work on the Site C project should be discontinued for this reason alone.”

And of course there is another reason: Canada is a signatory to the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.

It could be why the Assembly of First Nations, once headed in BC by Trudeau’s current justice minister, now stands shoulder-to-shoulder against Site C with Treaty 8 Chiefs. And it is undoubtedly why Liberal MP Robert-Falcon Ouellette stood up against his own government to oppose its Cite C policy.

Next to Canada’s Indigenous Peoples, Canadian veterans own the best B.S. meters in the land. Having won their support by promising honourable and different treatment, Trudeau has set them off with a combination of what could be charitably called tardy promise-keeping – those still not fully reopened veterans affairs centres closed by Harper, and a flat out broken promise from the recent election – the pledge to restore pensions. Or as Trudeau himself put it while campaigning “we will put make right what they [the Conservatives] got so very, very wrong.”

Instead of restoring those pensions for wounded veterans, Trudeau has ordered federal lawyers back into court against them, using the same arguments (and even the original lawyer) employed by the former Harper government. That has led the lawyer representing the Vets to declare, “It’s a betrayal.” Oddly enough, that is exactly what Trudeau accused the Harper government of while on the campaign trail – “betraying” Vets.

As if that weren’t enough, the Trudeau government has also drawn the ire of advocates for the estimated 2,950 vets who use homeless shelters in this country. Like the Conservatives, the Liberals promised swift action. But as homeless advocate Dave Gordon put it, “The minister has told us that things are going to move quick. Guess what? They’re not.”

And then there is the country’s foreign policy, which was supposed to announce to the world that Canada was back. It really looks like Stephen Harper never left.

The Trudeau government has denounced any Canadian who agrees with the Boycott, Divest and Sanction strategy proposed by many people around the world to force Israel to end its illegal occupation of Palestinian lands and return to the negotiating table.

Global Affairs minister Stephane Dion has mimicked the foreign policy of the previous government in Ukraine, where the main thrust seems to be to provoke the Russians.

Most disturbing of all, the Trudeau government proceeded with the Harper government’s immoral arms sales to Saudi Arabia, granting export licenses to make the delivery of Canadian-made armoured vehicles to that country possible.

Never mind that Saudi Arabia is a massive human rights abuser, including the systematic oppression of women. And never mind that the Kingdom is leading a genocidal war against Yemen, in which one in three Saudi air strikes is against civilian targets. It seems more important to the current government to honour commercial arrangements than to uphold basic human rights.

And the policy is working if you are into selling weapons into the world’s powder-keg: according to Janes Defence Weekly, Canada is now the second leading arms salesman to the Middle East after the Americans. What progress, we used to be sixth. And with Stephane Dion asleep at the switch, the RCMP are even having to investigate Canadian-owned firms over illegal military exports to Sudan and Libya, the result of a UN investigation.

Trudeau has so far been unscathed by these matters for one reason and one reason only. He is as likeable as Harper was repugnant to anyone honest enough to look at his record, which excuses most of the MSM when Harper was in power. It is also a very good thing for the Liberals that the Conservatives are still lost in Bohemian Grove following the doomed policies of their former leader rather than truly renewing their party.

But Trudeau’s moment of truth begins with this new session of parliament. He can change house-leaders and make best-dressed lists till the cows come home, but he has some real governing to do.

What pipelines, if any? What will electoral reform look like and how will it be advanced? When will Bill C-51 be amended and what will it look like? Will there be a new health accord with the provinces and will it guarantee a national Medicare system for all? And will these measures be truly debated in the House of Commons, or jammed through using the same dictatorial process trotted out so often during the Harper years?

Trudeau was not elected to join the “military-industrial high command” or “the global dominance group”, interesting descriptors of the cabal Harper visited in Bohemian Grove.

Trudeau was elected to dump a dictatorship, rescue the democracy, and bring “real change.” It’s time he antes up.

http://ipolitics.ca/2016/09/18/times-up-justin/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down