Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justin Trudeau Releases Liberals' Plan for Veterans

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Justin Trudeau Releases Liberals' Plan for Veterans Empty Re: Justin Trudeau Releases Liberals' Plan for Veterans

Post by johnny211 Tue 19 Sep 2017, 17:03

Bigrex - bang on with your comments. This new MVA, must talk to Vets to get the real story on how things are not working. Johnny Out,,VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Justin Trudeau Releases Liberals' Plan for Veterans Empty Re: Justin Trudeau Releases Liberals' Plan for Veterans

Post by pinger Tue 19 Sep 2017, 14:36

Just a little commentary,

I do not have too much faith in the Department of Veterans Affairs, let alone any political promises.
( Understatement  Rolling Eyes )
But we got a new MVA, GREAT ! Not to bash him but nothing will change short of a hiccup imo.

Kinda like the the best of the worst, or the American Dream.
You gotta be asleep to believe in it.
No offence to any American brothers.

Hindsight is 20/20 and dealing with them for a very long time gives me jack squat for any kind of optimism.
Even if the NDP were elected, the debacle would just... taste different.
Be your own best advocate and if you can't, get someone very trustworthy.

Stay well everyone...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 19 Sep 2017, 10:40

I'm sorry, but in order to truly "learn" the file, he needs to get away from the bureaucrats, who will tell him how the system is supposed to work, and sit with the Veterans who have lived with the system, so they can tell him how the system actually works, or in most cases, doesn't work. After all, the saying is "perception is reality", so he needs to talk to veterans and hear their perspective on Veteran's care from VAC. From claim denials with no actual explanation, short of "We disagree", to being lied to by CM's about benefits that we may be entitled to, or just getting the brush off by VAC employees when calling VAC with questions.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 19 Sep 2017, 07:03

Learn the file?
Now, imagine that!
It doesn't take a degree in stupidity to understand that the people running the show are slowly losing control of their message; "that the NVC is way more fabulous then the PA!"   BS
Is it still working?
Just guessing, but by placing your best buddy in the file and throwing him in front of the cam isn't the best solution?
Galvanized veterans on a mission to fulfill a promise made by our sincere,
GOC.
Hurry and wait.

LOOK AT WHAT BODY EXPERTS WOULD SAY OF ABOVE SAID PICTURE! (thanks MSN)

Our honorable representative of our Queen with his arms crossed
"That's called blocking, his arms are crossed in front of himself as if to say, 'keep away from me', it's a self-protection gesture."

The PM
Hands are like a steeple with his fingers and thumb entwined saying, 'I'm the dominant one here so don't try to pretend that I'm not'.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Sep 2017, 06:22

How long will it take Seamus O'Regan to learn the Veterans file? How long will it take any new Minister to learn the Veterans file? That's the problem isn't it, openly stating I got a lot to learn sends a clear signal that one, Veterans will be again waiting for a Minister to learn their file, and two, the learning will come from the bureaucrats, the very same group who's responsible for the new charter, and the same group who has been screwing over disabled Veterans. So is there any room here for optimism? I have no reason to believe that this new Minister will be any different than previous ones, Bandage solutions never fix the main problem, therefore, it will continue to be the same old. The New Veterans Charter will never stack up against the old pension act. It's been 11 years since the new charter has taken over, and the fight between disabled Veterans and it's government continue to grow, to think for one minute that Seamus O'Regan is somehow going to change all of this, is just not logical.

Seamus O'Regan becomes veterans minister as PM shuffles cabinet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Sep 2017, 07:25

Trudeau makes false promises to #veterans but gives himself a raise

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 18 Sep 2017, 06:22

????
Political timing for the pension announcement is December.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Sep 2017, 06:47

Stephen Harper has “nickel-and-dimed” Canada’s veterans: Justin Trudeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 16 Sep 2017, 17:39

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Sep 2017, 07:13

Justin Trudeau re-opens Nova Scotia Veterans Affairs office

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Sep 2017, 06:20

PM Trudeau speaks with Canadians about supporting veterans during a town hall in Belleville, Ontario

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Sep 2017, 05:46

Justin Trudeau: Harper broke promises to balance budget

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Sep 2017, 06:10

Justin Trudeau pledges $300 million more per year for veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by LostTrucker Tue 12 Sep 2017, 07:22

so how can he say "Canada has a sacred obligation" in both these videos, yet the Gov't has Veterans in court with the defense that Canada doesn't have a sacred obligation?!?!? Am I missing something?? To me this should be the easiest decision the judge ever made. Please tell me that there is more to this that I am missing because the way I see it, this is the biggest waste of time and money to still have this on court.....it can't get more obvious that the current Prime Minister saying that there is a sacred obligation on several videos......or am I looking at it wrong or missing something?
LostTrucker
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Sep 2017, 07:03

Justin Trudeau on veterans' issues and Mr. Harper's priorities

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next