Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+5
jack22
sailor964
meteck
bigrex
Brasidas
9 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 2 Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by meteck Wed 29 Jan 2014, 14:34

i woke up this morning full of piss and vinager let me tell you! after watching the evening news and witnessing our proud vets take on fantino and the slow but sure death of the client /case worker relationship. this had me on the phone at 8 am to the ombudsmans office to voice my concerns that their office was missing a golden opportunity with the backing of the opposition leader no less to bring the wva and elb retro situation to the general public and let them know of this mass robbery of ww2 and afgan vets Korean bosnia what have you of there allowences earned on the battlefield. 4 hours later I have been contacted and assured the ombudsmen will be pressing for cameras and to put this concern on the airwaves. also I was shown where in last 7 days he has publicly asked for an answer one way or the other. bottom line the office of the ombudsman IS working on this issue on our behalf with vigor . hopefully the public pressure from vets of all ages and backgrounds can be utilized by the opposition to attack harpers tories, its our best hope for closure here people. I suggest fill up your locals airwaves and radio signals with your pent-up frustration with the lack of give a f**k shown by this office, fantino was disrespectful to the ninth degree and its time to turn up the heat on this dungpile.. get on with it!

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 29 Jan 2014, 11:02

Meteck don't know if you saw it last week but the Legion and OVO went after VAC on the ELB retro so there is a push from a large group going on.  And the Toronto Star did an editorial on the subject.

The Minister knows that another lawsuit is pending, because I told him on Saturday, if they don't move on the ELB soon.  I told him that if it was illegal for the DND to take the money what makes VAC think they are above the law?

So there is a huge push on right now. What was on the tv last night about the VAC offices closing has been in the works for 18 months. Waiting until 3 days before they close to bring it to the attention of Canadians was foolish. They should have been doing pressers in November/December.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Wed 29 Jan 2014, 08:11

shove your peaceful crap pal..last night our REal VETS went on offence..the whole country saw it,,,,nows the time to hammer home the elb clawback message people..now

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 19:25

Confusion, confusion, confusion, i say this, you said that cause i heard it from them and that was said...
Stand to the facts, gov. stole our money, gouv. sent us to do their dirty deed and said they wil take care of us; they lied, its all a lie, they never did what they said they will do plus they stole our money, our lives, our health.
No mather the way, no mather who represents us, no matter what happens, the fact is they stole our money and they lied to all of us.
Bottom line is all they care about is money and the power they have over us trough money.
Let us hit the gouv. hard where it hurts them most $$$, if we cant get our money back, let's make sure they get the message, do not bite the hand of the one who fed you.
My tolerance of this conservative gouv. is minus one thousand, they want to kill us, now let's kill the conservative gouv. trough  peacefull gorilla warfare, kill the new world order trough Harpers conservative by spreading the truth; there is only a handfull of them, they dont stand a chance.
Peacefully, intelligently, let's make sure they do not reach their goal by getting away with what they stole from us.
Any peacefull, intelligent suggestions here...

Last edited by roadkingclaw on Wed 29 Jan 2014, 11:13; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Tue 28 Jan 2014, 18:32

I truly hope they don't screw us over because of the wva...and brasidas I agree.. this is not my first rodeo in the world of gvmnt advocacy. in this case the more vets with the same issue going threw a similar voice is beneficial to the end result. most of us do not all day everyday to tackle the correspondence on this let alone legal proceedings. that is why numbers can make a difference when talking settlement numbers.thats my take anyway. on a different front I found out I CANNOT ask for higher education because apparently there is ample data showing tons of jobs for me with this education in this area I live in so I appealed. its what us vets do right? keep fighting people start calling jose mcciver at veterans affairs she is the point lady on this elb issue..call her just ask for her...cheers

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 17:31

brasi bad examples NON of your examples did what they did ALONE.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 26 Jan 2014, 22:35

Honestly, I think what will happen is that they will pay retro ELB and WVA back to 2006, when the NVC was brought in. Those collecting WVA will either be satisfied or they go to court. It would be nice for VAC to go all the way back to the 60's, but most retroactive solutions usually have a cutoff date, so Apr 2006 seems like a logical choice. Sure SISIP payments went all the way back, but initially the lawsuit was only seeking several years of retro, and it was only expanded during the negotiations.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jan 2014, 13:16

Well, I am on vacation with a group of legion friends and we don't talk about the military all the time, lol, but a question I have regarding the ELB retro is this, the GOC doesn't want to pay retro for the elb because it would also involve the clawing back of the war veterans allowance which vac did also and that could go back 50 or 60 years and would make the sisip lawsuit look like peanuts. This was mentioned to me as a reason but I won't say who, where, or how I heard it. I believe the elb should be taken to the courts as this is the only way to truly get the GOC to pay, look at the trouble going on with the RCMP guys

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Sun 26 Jan 2014, 09:36

Sorry to see a group of men living in a small world. Canada does not evolve around the legion or the military. People in your world talk about veterans all the time. To apologetically burst your bubble the country does not evolve around the legion, veterans, or the military at all. The 30 million plus people do not involve enough veterans and families to make a difference to the government.
Stop thinking you can make a difference with numbers. Being a strong individual you can make the change you want. Stop looking for a huge group to help you. Denis was one man he made a difference. Gandi was one man the made a difference. Hitler was one man. The world is changed by one not many.
If you are right you are right.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jan 2014, 19:35

it seems to me that at least in one instance people still seem to respect the legion as long as they have been around. simple solution everyone join the legion fire all the doo nothings that are running it and elect vets that have established that they will stand up for vets even in the face of the GOC. not people that will tow the GOC line for their own personal benefit. trust me if the Canadian legion was to start a full court press on an issue people will listed.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 20 Jan 2014, 17:59

I agree that Blais has become a go to guy as far as the media is concerned, and he is very passionate about his advocacy work, but I agree that if the Canadian public continues to only hears one voice, they could quickly learn to tune it out. I also believe that what we need is a board of Veterans type scenario. A group of Veterans, selected by veterans, to publicly address all issues affecting Veterans. While this is similar to the Veteran advisory committee, it would not be subject to any kind of governmental oversight, and therefor their findings could be given directly to the media, before the GoC could put their own spin on things.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Mon 20 Jan 2014, 16:50

ok after careful consideration I will be forwarding my story and my media credentials to micheal blais soeey if name is misspelt..it seems when the mainstream media need a response from veterans mr blais seems to be the man being asked. does this mean we may actually be starting to fill the advocacy vacuum that has been veterans and their issues? I am still hesitant to expose myself and my issues surrounding elb retro and using maximum allowable for education but at the same time I feel the time is ripe to construct a solid NATIONAL veterans advocacy group dynamic. I hope this is the right way to go here. ill be sure to ask micheal myself in the near future. we need a voice here ladies and gents. the largest most vocal group we can become if we are to successfully fight for the rights of vets on all fronts not just monetary..heres hopin

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2014, 11:30

We will win, in fact i beleive we already won, be extremely positive about this and it will happen. We will get our money, its ours..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 16:29

I'm hopeful too. Either way I know we will win out. Even if it goes to court. The cons would be smart now to pay up and avoid interest. I'd settle for the principal sum. Not speaking for everyone of course, just me.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 17 Jan 2014, 15:56

I am definitely more confident that the retro will be approved with the PCO having the final say, instead of the PMO, as long as there is no political interference.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next