Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MVA Facebook

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MVA Facebook Empty Re: MVA Facebook

Post by Guest Mon 12 Dec 2016, 17:47

Definition of a Veteran:

Any former member of the Canadian Armed Forces who successfully underwent basic training and is honourably discharged.

They are many Veterans in Canada, but having Veterans status does not in itself qualify you for benefits under VAC.

Medically released Veterans on the other hand do qualify to apply for VAC benefits, that's the difference between the two.

Although it is well known that some Veterans who were not medically released and were honourably discharged do experience some disability related to their service after discharge, they have the same ability to apply for VAC benefits, but for the most part, it is the medically released ex serving members that are applying and receiving benefits from VAC.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 12 Dec 2016, 13:40

Danny wrote "What's the difference between a medically-released member and a veteran?

I gotta rephrase that for you Danny.

There ain't no difference between a medically-released VETERAN and a veteran.

Don't want to go off topic here, but next April sure as heck beckons.
Talking the re-establishment of a PA.

I'm pretty sure we will be dis-appointed . . .
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 12 Dec 2016, 05:46

VAC has made significant efforts over the last decade to fight the perception that its employees had orders to systematically refuse first applications. This improvement was confirmed by Anthony S. of the Bureau of Pensions Advocates (How much danger pay was provided to link his name to this report),[/size]30 which represents free of charge approximately 95% of veterans who appear before the Veterans Review and Appeal Board

This is a noteworthy improvement that occurred in the last few years, but it will likely take some time to do away with the negative perception that has built up over a long period in the minds of many veterans.

BUT You'll BE GIVEN A LOW % AT FIRST>>>>>FAILED TO STATE!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 12 Dec 2016, 05:32

Question?

While the Committee cannot make a determination as to the legitimacy of these criticisms, the general impression that emerges is one of overall dissatisfaction with the relations between the Department and medically-released members and veterans.

What's the difference between a medically-released member and a veteran?

Hmmm, you kick someone out of the forces and call it a Medical release and leave them with VAC, the monster in the room.
And to be thrown out of your (gang, group, band, what ever you like to call it) because of a medical condition, of course there's dissatisfaction.
Every time I hear Ottawa !  Evil or Very Mad  Career suicide; is Post Traumatic Service Disorder.
On clicking, rewiring, and undoing the brainwashing.
It's a long road to recovery.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sun 11 Dec 2016, 20:29

Steel gunner - I agree when you say - Things have been way too quiet, either something is in the works, or the MVA, don,t give a rats about us. 3 moths before budget. I am still thinking that when or if they do the payouts back too 2006' that it will come in the budget announcement. Then in the same sentence, he will say ..Look this is our solution for returning to the Monthly, if you take it. Oh ye of little faith,,, Just give us an Update for ---- Sake,, Johnny Out,,VVV,,,
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 11 Dec 2016, 17:36

What's the mandate letter really worth at the end of the day? Really?

Words. To me anyway... And One veteran, One Veteran is just a faded bumper sticker cliche.
Ain't worth jack.

One Veteran, One Charter sounds better. But even that's just words.
TOD alphabets included.

It's the action and implementation that can forward our file in a positive direction irregardless of who the hell the MVA is, or who the governing party is.

Haven;t seen much and that article is over a year old

So what's it gonna take... keyboards or protests?   Both in my opinion and then some.

JMO
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 11 Dec 2016, 16:40

Thanks steelgunner....I believe it's time to bring this to advocates and the press' attention then.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Dec 2016, 12:32

Don't agree with your statement teen, one veteran one standard is in the mandate letter by JT.  So they do state it, but don't act on it yet.

https://www.google.ca/amp/ottawacitizen.com/news/national/defence-watch/veterans-minister-kent-hehrs-mandate-letter-one-veteran-one-standard/amp

Also, did anyone see anything in their reading about the pension issue?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 11 Dec 2016, 12:16

Its going to be a dust collector.

Until VAC drops this traditional/modern veteran BS the statement of one veteran one standard is falling on deaf ears. The categorizing of veterans is a wet dream for VAC bureaucrats because it's a job maker. A single bureaucrat immerses them self in the rules to make themselves so valuable to the "system".

That's why you will never hear a Minister or PM say one veteran one standard it will open Pandora's Box.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Sun 11 Dec 2016, 04:24

Well, just read the 82 page document and a lot of good information is very included. Agree do not like their interpretation of a Traditional Veteran vs a Moderan Day Veteran because we are all veterans period. It will be interesting if this report like so many others will be put on a shelf to collect dust or will VAC do something about it. I do not want to hold my breath so time will tell.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 10 Dec 2016, 16:11

" ... the disappearance of traditional veterans " ???
Didn't read the report steely but it sure sounds GoC.
And understanding the context doesn't necessarily make it a good one.

Better to say older vets are just dying.
Because there ain't no differentiating of our tradition. Bad context.

Traditional only fractures the veterans community as a whole to me.
Us vs Them : NVC vs PA : Korea vs WWII : Officers vs NCO's.... on and on and on it can go.

We Are One.   Period.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Dec 2016, 13:34

Reading report now.

First observation:  quote from report.
"2.2 The transformation of Veterans Affairs Canada and the disappearance of traditional veterans"

So I am not a traditional VET, that's their one of the many problems not treating us as one Veteran Community and labelling us different.  We our the NVC that the GOC insists we take less.  Where s the law suit going and nothing from the stakeholders meetings.  Very quiet!  Something is up. Thought the judge was making a ruling months ago, still
nothibg.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 10 Dec 2016, 13:11

Tx for that parl link Danny...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 10 Dec 2016, 07:09

Simply reinstate the PA without the run around.
Sincerely take care of your wounded soldiers thanks.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 10 Dec 2016, 07:07

Little update of sorts,

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/HOC/Committee/421/ACVA/Reports/RP8685109/421_ACVA_Rpt03_PDF/421_ACVA_Rpt03-e.pdf

Encouragement and engaging the general public.
Remind them of life at sea and on tour, it's not easy.

Throwing this out there: Doc states "two docs graduates one ends up at VAC no experience, zero time at sea, zero time in the field and is the decision maker. The other has done it all and is a Veteran ("SHE" should be IMO Governor General) and is the one evaluating and determining your medical condition in person".
Frustration comes at so many levels and us here at this level need to see it as well.

Another good one: Three Parole Officer transferred to become Veteran Case Management Officers. No time at sea, no time in the field, no time on tour...but who am I.

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next