Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to start?

3 posters

Go down

Where to start? Empty Re: Where to start?

Post by Jayse29 Sun 02 Apr 2017, 00:10

Thank you both.

Jayse29
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrelove Sat 01 Apr 2017, 21:59

Jayse29, while you are a serving member, you will not be prescribed medical marijuana. This has been a bone of contention of serving members because once you are retired, you may qualify for MM to be paid for thru VAC, but cannot use it while serving. There have been grievances about this issue, but to no avail.  If caught using it, no matter if there is a medical need, a serving member is subject to administrative and disciplinary actions.  

I haven't seen anything yet about the proposed legalization for July 2018 and how the military is going to respond.

For your own personal knowledge, definitely call Marijuana for Trauma or other such organizations.  You can also look at the websites of licensed producers (LP) to see how they describe the different strains and the different ways it is offered (bud, milled, oils).  You can also talk to people you know who use MM and see what their opinions are on how it helps them.

Sabrelove

sabrelove
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sat 01 Apr 2017, 17:10

I wouldn't mention it to your military Doc, but maybe that's just me. Call Marijuana for Trauma and have an honest chat with them. They will help you out.

https://mftgroup.ca/contact/
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Where to start? Empty Where to start?

Post by Jayse29 Sat 01 Apr 2017, 16:49

I am currently serving (on paper at least), heavily medicated and severe alcoholic. I have never been a fan of mj due to paranoia, but former serving comrades have advised me that the medical strains are different.

By all means, I want to give this a shot because I hear nothing but good about it for getting off meds and helping with alcoholism. I am familiar with medicalmarijuana.ca but I am just wondering from others experience of acquiring as a medication. I am thinking of just popping the question to either my civi psychiatrist or military doc, thoughts?

Jayse29
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down