Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trudeau Is Ready To Break A 100-Year Promise To Veterans

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trudeau Is Ready To Break A 100-Year Promise To Veterans Empty Re: Trudeau Is Ready To Break A 100-Year Promise To Veterans

Post by Guest Fri 05 May 2017, 14:39

The RCMP opting not to jump on board with the new charter is an excellent example of the Inequitable the new charter is compared to the Pension Act.

Another excellent example would be looking at the 100% Pension Act Veterans who are not raising their hands to want into the new charter.

Take the above two examples and the use of a good calculator and it will become clear just how superior the old Pension Act is over the 2006 new charter.  

Just My Opinion of Course

Back to top Go down

Trudeau Is Ready To Break A 100-Year Promise To Veterans Empty Re: Trudeau Is Ready To Break A 100-Year Promise To Veterans

Post by Teentitan Fri 05 May 2017, 14:33

Danny the RCMP kept theirs because they are a union.

The CF is not a union.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 05 May 2017, 13:12

This is why they can maintain control of us. 
The men and women in red are not going to disobey orders.
They have unlimited liability (meaning life and limb is covered for life) and not as we have it now under the NVC.
They kept theirs, wonder why we couldn't keep ours?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 05 May 2017, 13:09

The reason the RCMP are still under the PA is because their "union" said no to the change. Their CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement) allows them to say yes or no to major changes.

Unfortunately veterans do not have a CBA because we are not unionized. Even though the CF is paid comparable to PSAC. Wrap your head around that!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 05 May 2017, 13:09

bruce72 wrote:Can someone tell me do the RCMP have the lump sum system or are they still covered under the Pension Act?

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/fam/vac-acc-eng.htm
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 May 2017, 11:14

Trooper wrote:
bruce72 wrote:Can someone tell me do the RCMP have the lump sum system or are they still covered under the Pension Act?

The RCMP are covered under the old pension act.

No lump sum for them.

Well, isn't that nice for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 May 2017, 10:46

The RCMP are covered under the old pension act.

No lump sum for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 May 2017, 10:44

bruce72 wrote:Trooper

When I click on your video, it also directs me to Facebook.

I tried to find it on YouTube, but had no luck.

Are you using a smart phone?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 May 2017, 10:29

Can someone tell me do the RCMP have the lump sum system or are they still covered under the Pension Act?

Last edited by bruce72 on Fri 05 May 2017, 10:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 May 2017, 10:25

Trooper

When I click on your video, it also directs me to Facebook.

I tried to find it on YouTube, but had no luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 May 2017, 10:09

bruce72 wrote:Danny

Can you please post the YouTube link to the above video for those of us who don't have Farcebook.

Cheers.

Pay close attention to Kent's answer, his got us right where he wants us, he now has all the ammo he needs to shrug off the Lifelong Pension.

Last edited by Trooper on Fri 05 May 2017, 14:27; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 May 2017, 09:50

Danny

Can you please post the YouTube link to the above video for those of us who don't have Farcebook.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 05 May 2017, 05:49

https://www.facebook.com/groups/853095038155250/#

Here we go again.  Now it is the other side asking to bring back the Pension act. FFS.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 10 Apr 2017, 15:04

I respect your opinion Trooper.

By Bruce having this motion put forward the day of or before the Stakeholder Summit will attract the news to report on this motion.

That is PR we need....Veterans are not happy with the Minister and want him gone!

Will it make a change? Don't know until it's tried.

What if it is successful? It will embarrass the GoC to take charge and do what they promised to do. In other words a big message to the bureaucrats. You may be the tail but you ain't wagging the dog anymore!

This idea just might bring all the veteran organizations together to work together.

Something has to be done to get this Government moving on their promises and IMO this is the right idea and time to do so.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Apr 2017, 14:40

Without a doubt any Veteran who is willing to stand up to try and better the system needs applause. However, that does not mean that everyone has to agree that positive change will be made from what the Veteran or Veteran group brings forward.

We should all respect one another regardless of any differences we may have, this is not what has been happening, in my opinion things have changed in terms of advocating on behalf of Veterans, both from Veterans and Veteran groups alike, in particular these summit meetings.

The charter itself has many benefits that are intended to give the perception that this charter is better for Veterans, and at the same time acknowledges that further ongoing work is needed to continue to keep it's merits in place going forward. This charter in my opinion was designed to give false perception, and to divide Veterans and Veteran groups to the point where the division makes the government look good on every implementation that is brought forward. Further to this, the divisions we are seeing today makes it impossible to accomplish the most important changes.

No disrespect to Bruce, or anyone else trying to better the system, replacing the Minister will not solve our problems, we've had many Ministers both Veterans and non Veteran and the flow, flows the exact same way.
Going after the author of the NVC will not solve anything either.
Moving the headquarters back to Ottawa will not change anything either.
Yes, good points to bring up and escalating tensions all around also, however, when the arguments are finished, does anyone seriously think that anything will change? I for one don't think anything will change, you can argue all you want, you can put individuals in their place, but when all is said and done, it's the change that counts, without the change, you have accomplished absolutely nothing, nothing in the form of a positive change.
Yes, at one time in history this tactic might have worked, but in today's world with the charter in place, tactics need to change.
First off, I believe that anyone who shows up for these summits, are actually doing more harm to Veterans even though the intention is not to do any harm. The intention is to better the system, my thoughts are simple, how can you better the system by attending these summits when the individuals in charge of hosting these summits are being directed by the bureaucrats who have their own interest, and are sitting behind closed doors? Yes, you can attend and make your point, you can make others look bad, but what you won't do is change anything, not in today's world.

I think we had our chance to make a difference at the beginning, this in my view is not possible today using these tactics of attending these summits and feeding into their PR system.
Continuing to inform the media is in my view a solid path moving forward, but more importantly we need one group who is organized and united to start mass protest.
I applaud all advocates, regardless if I agree with their tactics or not, we are all Veterans and we should not allow ourselves to be caught up in the governments trap.

In my own opinion, there's only one group who is on the right track in advocating today, that is Banished Veterans.

I think the members of CSAT have seen enough in terms of what's going on with our file, they are more educated and probably understand better of what, if anything, will make a difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next