Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got a 10% disability award, wondering which box to check.

2 posters

Go down

Just got a 10% disability award, wondering which box to check. Empty Re: Just got a 10% disability award, wondering which box to check.

Post by Jayse29 Sat 29 Apr 2017, 17:53

Yea, actually that is my current situation. I did go for treatment in Homewood Nov 30th-Jan 25th. I see docs on the regular and practice minfulness and meditation. I continue to make process, but in their mind. What do they deem fit as stabilized? As far as I know, PTSD is a lifelong condition. I fear they may say "Okay, you are good to go, so we no longer have to pay you out." Thoughts? Experience?

Jayse29
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-04-23

Back to top Go down

Just got a 10% disability award, wondering which box to check. Empty Re: Just got a 10% disability award, wondering which box to check.

Post by bigrex Mon 24 Apr 2017, 22:17

Well, I'm not presuming that you are in the same situation, but I know that in the case of PTSD claims, they will issue a 10% immediate assessment, until they deem that the condition has stabilized. In other words, go through treatment, to minimize and reduce symptoms, so that they can hopefully minimize and reduce their future financial liability. So the same could be said about other conditions, where the link to the military is not in question, but there are still treatment options that have yet to explored, that could reduce the over all symptoms in the end. Like say injuring your back, and the immediate pain is debilitating, but instead of paying out a full DA based on your current symptoms, the decide to pay a partial award until undergoing corrective surgery, which can take years, in the hopes of alleviating many of the symptoms.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse29 Mon 24 Apr 2017, 20:37

Thanks, it should be more, but due to it being a complex situation, I was given the bare minimum and the noted that it was the minimum for my illness. They said they will get back to me when they get more info on the complexity of the situation. Should I be worried about signing anything that could falsely lead me into a "case closed" situation.

Jayse29
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Apr 2017, 17:48

Box 1 will cover everything, that's the one I would check.

Congrats on the 10%

Back to top Go down

Just got a 10% disability award, wondering which box to check. Empty Just got a 10% disability award, wondering which box to check.

Post by Jayse29 Mon 24 Apr 2017, 17:38

Hey all,

Apologies in advance if I posted in the wrong room. I am going to fax off the Direct deposit request form tomorrow (doing it online is creating issues as I cannot check the boxes). I already have my bank account set up for direct deposit, so the rep I talked to over the phone told me they just need this form faxed to them, no need for a signature.

Anyway, as many of you probably already know, there are 3 options on this form, as follows.

1. - Check here to have all your Veterans Affairs Canada payments, including treatment benefits and VIP payments that are paid through Medavie Blue cross direct deposited in your bank account.

2. Check here if you want all your VAC payments, excluding treatment benefits and VIP payments, direct deposited.

3. Check here to have all of your Voc Rehab payments that are paid through Canadian Veterans Voc Rehab services direct deposited into your bank account.

Any advice on which would be my best bet to check? FYI, I am posted to JPSU while I await my medical release.
Thanks.

Jayse29
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down