Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CJ who ever you are please delete my profile !

+5
Trooper
By the Bay
bosn181
bigrex
Teentitan
9 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

CJ who ever you are please delete my profile ! Empty Re: CJ who ever you are please delete my profile !

Post by By the Bay Sun 31 Dec 2017, 02:39

propat wrote:hi guys interesting thoughts . have been very busy and will be for a while . looks like some interesting research needs to be done . in lui of any research ill give ya my thoughts on this .

I believe the last MAJOR changes to the QR+Os were done by Canada alone . may have required a signature from the gov gen or queen as expected but these were Canada specific changes so this can be done again . so I believe this can be done again .

however regardless of this no laws legislation regulations ect ect should exist that are in direct conflict with the constitution or charter .if found can be legally challenged and if the courts agree they don't pass the smell test they must be changed .

now from what I understand of the RCMP case  they had their own rules to go by witch prevented them from having a union . they challenged this I believe framed it as a right to assembly case .

the supreme court agreed that their rules interfered with their right to assembly and are entitled to some form of collective bargaining up to and including a union .

now I don't know much about the QR+Os but even thou I think there might be something in there preventing a union I'm not entirely citrine there is .will have to look .ether way if there is something there to prevent it it can be challenged and if the judge agrees changed .

propat

I spent a few hours trying to find anything regarding legislation/rules where the Canadian Forces prohibits its Military members the rights to form a Union! I searched the National Defence Act and QR&Os but I can't seem to find it! I know it exists...I've seen it....but I can't remeber where I had read it!
Does anyone remember exactly where it is written? The only reference that I found was in a report (2nd paragraph) found on Ombudsman website.

http://www.ombudsman.forces.gc.ca/en/ombudsman-reports-stats-investigations-cf-grievance-process/cf-grievance-process.page

Cheers,

By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

CJ who ever you are please delete my profile ! Empty Re: CJ who ever you are please delete my profile !

Post by Guest Sat 30 Dec 2017, 19:45

propat wrote:hi guys interesting thoughts . have been very busy and will be for a while . looks like some interesting research needs to be done . in lui of any research ill give ya my thoughts on this .

I believe the last MAJOR changes to the QR+Os were done by Canada alone . may have required a signature from the gov gen or queen as expected but these were Canada specific changes so this can be done again . so I believe this can be done again .

however regardless of this no laws legislation regulations ect ect should exist that are in direct conflict with the constitution or charter .if found can be legally challenged and if the courts agree they don't pass the smell test they must be changed .

now from what I understand of the RCMP case  they had their own rules to go by witch prevented them from having a union . they challenged this I believe framed it as a right to assembly case .

the supreme court agreed that their rules interfered with their right to assembly and are entitled to some form of collective bargaining up to and including

now I don't know much about the QR+Os but even thou I think there might be something in there preventing a union I'm not entirely citrine there is .will have to look .ether way if there is something there to prevent it it can be challenged and if the judge agrees changed .

propat

Food for thought

https://www.google.ca/amp/nationalpost.com/opinion/robert-smol-why-we-should-unionize-the-military/amp

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Sat 30 Dec 2017, 19:42

Admin wrote:By the Bay, almost but not quite. The Supplementary Reserve is for any member leaving the Regular or Reserve components. It is not restricted to any one MOC. Any releasing member can request to be put on the Supplementary Reserve list, or not to be included on the list. The only restrictions to those that want to be on the list are the terms of their release. For example, released for medical reasons or dishonourable releases.

Thank you Admin,

My father was my reference on this topic!
I will pass this information along to him! He loves learning
something new everyday and this will be a great topic for him to talk about with
his buddies in the nursing home. Very Happy

Cheers,

By the Bay

By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Sat 30 Dec 2017, 19:14

hi guys interesting thoughts . have been very busy and will be for a while . looks like some interesting research needs to be done . in lui of any research ill give ya my thoughts on this .

now from what I understand of the RCMP case they had their own rules to go by witch prevented them from having a union . they challenged this I believe framed it as a right to assembly case .

the supreme court agreed that their rules interfered with their right to assembly and are entitled to some form of collective bargaining up to and including a union .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 30 Dec 2017, 14:02

By the Bay, almost but not quite. The Supplementary Reserve is for any member leaving the Regular or Reserve components. It is not restricted to any one MOC. Any releasing member can request to be put on the Supplementary Reserve list, or not to be included on the list. The only restrictions to those that want to be on the list are the terms of their release. For example, released for medical reasons or dishonourable releases.
Admin
Admin
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Sat 30 Dec 2017, 01:37

BinRat wrote:Sorry to say By-The-Bay Ex military are Public servants...

Cause I remember someone who was released crated something that he claimed the IP (Intellectual Property) right for and lost.. because it was that he was part of the supp list
and was therefore a public servant..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/military-veteran-government-intellectual-property-1.3475301

"In February, a Federal Court of Appeal ruling determined that anyone whose name is on the Canadian Armed Forces' supplementary reserve list — even if he or she receives no pay or benefits — is considered a public servant"

So, re-reading it, maybe after you leave and are on the Supp list only you are a public servant, I am not to sure, but in this case they were saying he was on Supp List and is a PS.

Hi BinRat

What you are referring to is the (SuppRes) Supplementary Reservist which is a military group comprised of some Reg Force and Primary Reservist members who transferred into this field of work and are apart of this special team! They are highly skilled and most are inventor/creators of certain military projects and applications! You need to be in this special classification in ordered to be on that supplementary reserve list! Retired SuppRes are now classified as public servants. So now retired SuppRes need to get permission from DND before submitting a Patent. So if a retired SuppRes Veteran invented a non-stick pan that cooked meat evenly, the military wants to see if his invention or Patent is related to any past, present or future military projects or applications!

So not all Veterans are classifed as Public Servants only those retired military members of  SuppRes Unit!

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 30 Dec 2017, 00:06

Wildthing banned.

CJ
Admin
Admin
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Dec 2017, 23:44

Well looks like Wild got his wish come true.

Deleted

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Fri 29 Dec 2017, 23:26

Sorry to say By-The-Bay Ex military are Public servants...

Cause I remember someone who was released crated something that he claimed the IP (Intellectual Property) right for and lost.. because it was that he was part of the supp list
and was therefore a public servant..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/military-veteran-government-intellectual-property-1.3475301

"In February, a Federal Court of Appeal ruling determined that anyone whose name is on the Canadian Armed Forces' supplementary reserve list — even if he or she receives no pay or benefits — is considered a public servant"

So, re-reading it, maybe after you leave and are on the Supp list only you are a public servant, I am not to sure, but in this case they were saying he was on Supp List and is a PS.

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Fri 29 Dec 2017, 22:41

bosn181

The information that you are looking for can be found at the link below. For example if you go to table 4.7 it will show the number of veterans receiving PA pension or NVC awards and at what percentage.

Veterans Affairs Canada Statistics – Facts and Figures
Updated: June 30, 2017

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/statistics

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Fri 29 Dec 2017, 22:02

propat wrote:ya guys thanks . I do appreciate that but I'm no leader don't even want that tag . maybe because of the military experience don't have a lot of time foe most of them however some were ok. and yup some VAC people are good I actually met one and am sure there has to be more out there .

the union thing I believe can be done at least for the serving military. a thing I would have absolutely resented prior to 2006 . however when I seen the FACTS of the NVC . well my opinion changed big time . from not at all required to absolutely mandatory , a must have if you will .

I get by the bays point and she is not wrong but I'm not entirely sure dues would be required from vets and in the outside chance we would be included in an association status nothing beyond half the percentage a military member is paying and just on your military pension.

by the bay is right again an expensive venture but I believe the start up costs can be found through corporate donations . it will inevitably be up to serving members if they can afford to have it or can they afford not to have it .

I believe we/ they cant afford not to have it . if we had it in 04 the improvements in the NVC would not have been in the NVC at all but added to the PA and VRAB would have been fixed or replaced with a fair system ta boot .

GAME ON

propat

The Supreme Court of Canada did grant RCMP the right to Unionize in 2015!
However, it maybe very difficult for the Canadian Armed Forces members to join a union like the other federal public servants. Since Military personnel are not classified as public servants and they are bounded to and by the Queen's Regulations and Orders!
So even if a union could be formed, it would be in conflict with QR&Os. Unless, Canada cuts its ties with our Monarchy after the Queen dies and waves goodbye to the Commonwealth, we could very well form a Military Union under a Republican government.
Republic of Canada??? I don't know if I like the sounds of that!

Let's just say for Sh**s and giggles we could form a Union! One could be formed for those Veterans who receive a Earnings Loss Benefit. It is a Income replacement for which the Chief of the Defence Staff is the policy owner. So technically we are still on the payroll and collecting ELB as civilians. Nah, that would be too easy!  Very Happy
I may have had too many Red Bulls....I am so wired I could write a book right now!  bounce

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Fri 29 Dec 2017, 18:47

frack they lost in the shootout .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Fri 29 Dec 2017, 17:58

ya buds I looked for them many times and was never able to get a breakdown of percentages for PA guys . so I'm guessing they don't exist publicly anyway but I could be wrong . if I recall correctly in my searches I did come across DVA client number's over the years but that was everyone not broken down. so I'm pretty sure that still exists somewhere .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Fri 29 Dec 2017, 17:45

i guess i was wondering about any numbers like they say 12% on this new system going to get extra help but they sounding like the other 88% not going to get as taken care of and will wait to see how it all unfolds i was just wondering how many of the pa vets would have been at top benifiets is there a break down how many under 25% how many under 50% and 75% and 100% is there 500 vets at 100% or 5000 vets thats what i was looking for if you happen to know where to find them or if you have posted them before and i missed be happy to see them if you don't mind. its like the pia and supplement when i helped a friend do his paper work there were i think 561 vets getting both that was not a lot of vets that were getting this at that time

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Fri 29 Dec 2017, 17:44

3-3 now middle of the third .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next