Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exceptional Incapacity Allowance

+3
bog6
propat
Newf
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Exceptional Incapacity Allowance Empty Re: Exceptional Incapacity Allowance

Post by bosn181 Mon 23 Jul 2018, 10:36

very happy to see one more vet being taken care of hopefully more will follow

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Thu 19 Jul 2018, 12:46

Newf, you got a treasure in your CM.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove96 Thu 19 Jul 2018, 10:18

Love to know when the system is working.
Congrats.
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Thu 19 Jul 2018, 08:30

Quick Update
Well, good news from VAC. I had a meeting with my CM during the first week of June. We spent just under two hours going over the EIA application. He gathered a lot of details about my medical conditions and their impact on my well being

I just checked my vac account a few days ago. I have been approved for EIA. I just wanted to say thanks to those on this website who encouraged me to apply and who provided advice on this process by posting info or private messaging me. This process was very fast from the time of my application to a decision.

Thanks again,
Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Tue 08 May 2018, 13:04

Thanks Bigrex for that info. Much appreciated
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 08 May 2018, 13:02

Well, if you are already at 100%, VAC should have enough documentation on the claimed condition. .But if you have undergone any medical procedures, such as surgeries, or developed any further medical conditions, that you didn't claim, because you were at 100%, those reports should be included.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Mon 07 May 2018, 20:59

Well, I made the decision to apply for EIA today and completed the one page EIA application through the my vac account.  I was given the opportunity to submit additional documents to support the application.  Would  anyone have suggestions on  what other documents if any that I should be submitting?  

newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Exceptional Incapacity Allowance Empty Housekeeping

Post by Dove96 Mon 19 Feb 2018, 09:30

I would like to weigh in on the housekeeping.
I do not have children at home but I have a capable caring husband.
He also does most of the cooking, yard work, does errands I cannot do and cares for me on my bad days.

My decision to apply was based on the fact that it was unfair that my disability was burdening him with my share of the work. I couldn't get someone to do the cooking and all the little things he does to help me in the house and with my care but I could help with the house cleaning.

We hired a local woman. She is a wonderful person and does a great job.
Great decision for us. We know that once a week the house is completely clean and fresh.
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bog6 Wed 17 Jan 2018, 21:06

I am over the 100% and was granted EIA way after 2006...thats what is so weird, why would I even be given this if it was years after the NVC..Tried for increase cause condition got worse but it was and was then DEC..to increase basically have to be dis-membered..and for that i do not want to dispute because i do not deserve that benefit its reserved for those who really need it.

Its just weird, even my new CM says its weird how this turned out...rules and policies are there but the baseball field teams are loaded more on one team than the other....

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 17 Jan 2018, 10:09

I have to agree with Propat. Even though I believe that everyone who was getting EIA, should have at least been given the option to switch to PIA, in 2006, or at least given access to the supplement when it was introduced, the way the NVC is written specifically excludes them. And VRAB can have as many personal opinions as they want on the subject, but in the end, they will have to abide by the legislation. So If you are currently getting EIA, I would focus your fight to get the maximum amount possible under EIA, and forget CIA. Because as of next year, CIA/CIAS isn't even going to exist anymore, and for those of us currently getting them, the only evidence that we are not going to get screwed, is the MVA's "promise" that we won't lose money.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Wed 17 Jan 2018, 08:42

hi bog the thing is if you have EIA you cannot receive CIA . this in your case is no longer a choice . you cannot receive CIA or sup . dunno what the frack is going on in DVA but this should have been explained to you right from the get go instead of wasting your time and theirs . as for those choosing witch to apply for , keep in mind you would need to be paid at a 100% disability at least a part from the PA to get EIA , I would have said in the past the CIA would likely be better but that depends on you personal situation ie; tax ect .

now with the backlog in applications and CIA changing to frack knows what but seems to look very bad id be quite worried about applying for CIA at this point . maybe apply for EIA or maybe just wait out to see what actually happens with CIA . for those not at 100% and cant get EIA and are thinking about applying for CIA you might be wanting to apply ASAP before things change .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bog6 Tue 16 Jan 2018, 23:25

i have EIA but have been fighting for CIA/CIAS...I know the physical differences (payment) but no one thru my appeals have answered my question. In the interest of the Veteran that already has EIA what is the difference or best choice between the EIA and CIA/CIAS? Looking long term..

No VAC boards are answering me

Anyone

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Tue 16 Jan 2018, 16:44

not a problem buds just a point CIA may be changing and applications are backed up at this time . also CIA and its sup if ya can get it together would be better or about the same depending on you tax bracket . without being in your shoes its impossible to say witch would be better in your case the CIA or EIA .good luck choosing and with your application . if you require anything further even if its just for someone to bounce an idea off just ask .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Tue 16 Jan 2018, 15:37

Thanks Propat
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Mon 15 Jan 2018, 19:20

well buds if you have a total 100% disability where part of it is paid as a monthly PA pension AND you are not collecting CIA you should be applying for something in my opinion . now what to apply for is up to you and a big decision as you can only receive one either CIA or EIA . but buds id be applying for something .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next