Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much income is too much to qualify for ELB?

2 posters

Go down

How much income is too much to qualify for ELB? Empty Re: How much income is too much to qualify for ELB?

Post by bigrex Tue 20 Mar 2018, 07:43

To be honest with you, I highly doubt you would qualify for ELB strictly because your remaining income has fallen. ELB is normally only paid when there is a disability that is keeping the Veteran from working, or while participating in the rehab program. But you could call VAC to see if there any programs that you could qualify for, like CIA. Even at the lowest level, it would provide you with an additional $6000/yr, and it has no link to your ability to work or not.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

How much income is too much to qualify for ELB? Empty How much income is too much to qualify for ELB?

Post by Versutus Mon 19 Mar 2018, 15:49

Does anyone know if divorce comes into play to qualify for ELB. Since I am divorced I live with less than $30,000.00. After paying all necessities that does not leave much for food. I guess it is still better than a park bench

Versutus

Versutus
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down