Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bureau of Pensions Advocates

2 posters

Go down

Bureau of Pensions Advocates Empty Re: Bureau of Pensions Advocates

Post by Newf Fri 15 Jun 2018, 06:48

Artie Simm,
After you call the BPA, they will generate a file and assign a lawyer/legal assistant to gather up the information related to your application. If they decide you have a chance at winning an appeal then the BPA will setup a departmental review or bring your matter before the VRAB. At this point, the BPA will send you a copy of all the information you had submitted with your application along with a document from VAC outlining the rationale for their decision.

I suggest calling the BPA back to see if they can review your decision to determine what they suggest as a possible course of action. Once you have suggestions from BPA then you are in better position to make a decision.

Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2018, 19:55

Newf wrote:I have had dealings with the BPA on several unfavourable decisions from VAC.  They are a great help at NO cost to you to review your concerns and provide you with advice.   With the help of the BPA, I was able to receive a more favourable decision on several matters.  You have nothing to loose and all to gain by contacting them.

The lawyer with the BPA will review the reasons why you received an unfavourable decision/  The lawyer will then determine whether a hearing, departmental review or file a new application is the best way to proceed.

I suggest for you to give them a call and request a review of your decision.  

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/organization/bureau-pensions-advocates

Newf
THX, I did speak with them on the phone, it was they who sent me this package of info, which leads to where I am now, I`ve read their letter, now I don't know how/where to complain?

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Thu 14 Jun 2018, 19:49

Artie, I requested a review last year. I called BPA and had a call back from someone within a week. I then submitted my evidence thru myVAC to BPA. Put in my the notes Attention to whoever you want it to go to.

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Thu 14 Jun 2018, 19:27

I have had dealings with the BPA on several unfavourable decisions from VAC. They are a great help at NO cost to you to review your concerns and provide you with advice. With the help of the BPA, I was able to receive a more favourable decision on several matters. You have nothing to loose and all to gain by contacting them.

The lawyer with the BPA will review the reasons why you received an unfavourable decision/ The lawyer will then determine whether a hearing, departmental review or file a new application is the best way to proceed.

I suggest for you to give them a call and request a review of your decision.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/organization/bureau-pensions-advocates

Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Bureau of Pensions Advocates Empty Bureau of Pensions Advocates

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2018, 19:16

Has anyone had any dealings with this organization?
in the letter I recieved it states "...If you have concerns with the decision you recieved you may request the legal services of BPA, if you have new eveidence after recieving a decision with which you are dissatisfied, it is possible to have your claim reviewed by VAC through a written submission called a Departmental Review....
Does anyone know if this Departmental Review can be submitted through MyVACaccount, or does it have to be done in hand writing and then snail mailed somewhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down