Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restless Leg Syndrome and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder

3 posters

Go down

Restless Leg Syndrome and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder Empty Re: Restless Leg Syndrome and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder

Post by XMedic Sat 11 Aug 2018, 18:21

Thanks guys
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Restless Leg Syndrome and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder Empty Re: Restless Leg Syndrome and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder

Post by Newf Sat 11 Aug 2018, 17:56

Xmedic
ba ha ha. Thanks for the bit of humor as I can mentally image Elvis. Pinger has explained it perfectly. Good luck in your application.

Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 11 Aug 2018, 16:43

Hi XMedic ,

Fifth's, I know them quite well  Smile
5/5 entitlement is completely due to service.
0/5 entitlement is not due to service.

The gray in between area is if you broke your knee say when you were a 10 y/o,
then, you put a claim in when now
you break both legs jumping out of a Herc service related.

They see you had a pre-existing condition (enrollment medical)
Where VAC or VRAB draws a line in that sand IDK (google crapshoot)

Here's link I hope is not too confusing.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/after-injury/disability-benefits/benefits-determined/table-of-disabilities/ch-02-2006#a03
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Sat 11 Aug 2018, 15:49

Hi Newf, I haven't applied yet. But long story short, my psychiatrist made the diagnosis. He said it is likely restless leg syndrome or periodic limb movement disorder as a result of my meds. I am worse than Elvis...shaking all over Smile Before I apply, I just wanted to try and understand what the fifths mean in terms of percentage.
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Fri 10 Aug 2018, 14:39

Xmedic
I am following your thread here. I have a friend who is in the process of applying for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder and a REM sleep disorder consequential to PTSD. If you don't mind me asking, did you have the sleep doctor or your family doctor complete the medical questionaire for VAC after your initial application? Did you submit any other documents to support your application to VAC?

Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Restless Leg Syndrome and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder Empty Restless Leg Syndrome and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder

Post by XMedic Fri 10 Aug 2018, 13:20

How does VAC determine the % for one or both of these consequential disorders stemming from PTSD? I look through VRAB cases but they only refer to fifths not a %. Can anyone help answer this question. Thanks
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down