Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irritable bowel syndrome

4 posters

Go down

Irritable bowel syndrome  Empty Re: Irritable bowel syndrome

Post by Gunner8 Fri 05 Nov 2021, 09:56

Thank you so much!!

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Unknown Soldier likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by totransit Fri 05 Nov 2021, 09:55

I just read through all related cases and took notes, I researched IBS on the internet pertaining to PTSD. I took all my notes and application to the doctor and highlighted why I blame my PTSD for my IBS. Just make sure your doctor put your IBS is consequence to PTSD. That's all I did.

totransit
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2018-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 05 Nov 2021, 09:46

Oh that’s great. What types of info did you use/find on the Canlii that helped?

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by totransit Fri 05 Nov 2021, 09:36

It was on the first time application. I thought for sure I was going have appeal but I was granted full entitlement.

totransit
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 05 Nov 2021, 09:28

Was this an approval first time? Or an appeal?

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by totransit Fri 05 Nov 2021, 09:25

I was just approved today for IBS, Sleep Apnea, and Hypertension all consequence to ptsd I used my family doctor to help fill out the IBS and Hypertension. I used the Psychiatrist at OSI clinic who specialized in sleep study. I also used and reference cases on Canlii.

totransit
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 22 Oct 2021, 09:50

I’ll check that out. Thanks so much for your help Smile

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Fri 22 Oct 2021, 07:28

Gunner8 wrote:Thank you very much for that link and info Newf I really appreciate it. I was having trouble finding it on my own.
Question, what does 3/5ths mean or 1/5th? Etc does it mean if you are say deemed 20% disability, but only at 3/5ths, then you would only be deemed 3/5ths of 20%? Which would then make 20% be 12%?

Your very welcome. As you probably have found VAC has tremendous amounts of information and policy on their platform. It can be so difficult to find stuff but it’s website like this one where we can help each other.

Now to your question. The calculation you mentioned relates to the degree of service connection to having caused or aggravated an injury/disability. For example: 5/5 rating states your injury is fully a direct result of your service. Whereas 1/5 would indicate your service aggregated your injury. Let’s say you slipped off the back of an APC and broke your back. This would likely be 5/5 calculation. However, if you already had a broken back from a civie car accident then had the same injury to en you will likely get a partial entitlement anywhere between 1/5 and 4/5.

Here is vac policy;

https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-vac/legislation-policies/policies/document/1474

Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 22 Oct 2021, 07:09

Thank you very much for that link and info Newf I really appreciate it. I was having trouble finding it on my own.
Question, what does 3/5ths mean or 1/5th? Etc does it mean if you are say deemed 20% disability, but only at 3/5ths, then you would only be deemed 3/5ths of 20%? Which would then make 20% be 12%?

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Fri 22 Oct 2021, 06:47

Gunner8,
I have attached a link here to the Canlli website with the search results for both PTSD and IBS here:

https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/cavrab/#search/type=decision&ccId=vrab&text=ptsd%20irritable%20bowel%20syndrome&origType=decision&origCcId=vrab

I suggest when you are reading the individual case reference on this website to pay attention to the section titled "ANALYSIS/REASONS" which is where VAC adjudicators provide their reasoning for either approving or denying a DA application. Pay attention to this reasoning to give you an idea of what documents you need to increase your chances of being successful. Also, if there is a particular medical study, medical report or reference that supports a successful application then write down the name of this document as it may help you in your case. Any supporting documents of this nature will be listed in near the end of the document in a section titled "EXHIBITS".
Good luck
Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Thu 21 Oct 2021, 16:59

Gunner8 wrote:Never heard of that site before. What is it?
It has all the gov court case decisions win or lose, any disability you feel you have, just type in " veteran" and tinnitus ",for example and all the VRAB cases,claims will come up, as you read through you will find successful and unsuccessful disability claims , you can judge for yourself based on your own disability whether or not your case will be successful if you have better Dr. Representation etc., or what you claim requires to be successful, use the same termonogy/ arguments as the successful claims.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Thu 21 Oct 2021, 06:23

Never heard of that site before. What is it?

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 20 Oct 2021, 23:10

Gunner8 wrote:Has anyone ever got approved by vac for IBS linked to ptsd? If so how does one go about the process? Also are their military or vac doctors to help with the process? Thanks

Gunner
Have you tried doing a search on the Canlii site
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Irritable bowel syndrome  Empty Irritable bowel syndrome

Post by Gunner8 Wed 20 Oct 2021, 09:03

Has anyone ever got approved by vac for IBS linked to ptsd? If so how does one go about the process? Also are their military or vac doctors to help with the process? Thanks

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down