Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reassessment

3 posters

Go down

Reassessment  Empty Re: Reassessment

Post by bigrex Sun 12 Aug 2018, 21:17

The problem is, there are no negative consequences for the department, for prolonging the process. I mean, if they screw the pooch, it doesn't really cost them any extra money. They probably make more in interest, on that money, over the extra months it takes to be approved, than any COLA increase, that might be need to be paid out, if it goes into a new calendar year. I've said for years that, there should be a minimum VAC payment claim, as long as there is a legitimate disability, even if it's denied. if there is no link to the military, giving the veteran gets a small one time award of 1 or 2 thousand, is not unreasonable. If it's approved, then there should be an automatic 5% award, to compensate for the pain and suffering that is caused by VAC, by being required to wait
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Sun 12 Aug 2018, 17:41

And this is really unacceptable. We should not be waiting this long.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Fordguy Sun 12 Aug 2018, 15:25

Lol yup. When I first applied they said 16 weeks, called in late June they said they were working on reassessments from March 2018. Called last week and they said average wait time is 20 weeks. Everytime I call it’s a different answer and it keeps getting pushed back. So I’m done calling

Fordguy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2018-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Sun 12 Aug 2018, 15:07

I have been waiting 4 months for a reassessment. They said it would take up to 16 weeks but that it could be longer due to high demand. So nobody knows. Could be 6 months...could be 8 could be 10... could be tomorrow.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Reassessment  Empty Reassessment

Post by Fordguy Sun 12 Aug 2018, 14:38

I have read previous comments ref reassessment wait times, this is my reassessment after my stable 8 month wait times. Received 10 percent, earlier now
Just waiting, on my 17th week after they received all supporting documentation just wondering if this could take longer or will it be sooner then later.

Thanks

Fordguy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2018-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down