Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit Settlement Reached

+11
Kevin 911
Peace
Kramer
EZRider
1993firebird
BinRat
JumpingFool
sailor964
Nemo
861Cook
bigrex
15 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit Settlement Reached Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit Settlement Reached

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 01 Sep 2019, 22:46

Wildthing wrote:Need an election site
Election 2019 veterans issues.
Election 2019 issues affecting Canada and Canadians.
If forums can be deleted than then who ever deleted G.B.U can create a forum for the election by deleting a locked forum or creating a new one.
wildthing you are wild,lol. l get accused of derailing posts but I assure everyone it’s accidental, but  hijacking threads to get your message out is disruptive, why don’t you create a post called election 2019 and everyone can banter there.?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit Settlement Reached Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit Settlement Reached

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2019, 13:49

Happy to see another chapter coming to a close for those of you involved in this one.

Have a great weekend, all!!

Cool

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit Settlement Reached Empty Payment info

Post by MadMomma Fri 12 Jul 2019, 12:55

Yup same here. Received the letter Yesterday, Monies in the bank today Smile Nice surprise.

MadMomma
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 12 Jul 2019, 07:03

Well, I woke up to a nice surprise in my bank account. So if you are a class member, and received your letter yesterday, there may be a good chance that you've been paid as well.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Jul 2019, 18:55

Yes the SRB payment will be in September, so most likely at the end of the month, with the other VAC deposits. I'm not sure about when the retro payments will be make, but that's likely only going to be a few hundred dollars, for most recipients.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 11 Jul 2019, 17:28

Bigrex - on another note or 2 of vac repayments, has anyone heard when the backpay for the miscalculation for several yrs is coming. Last I heard was they have till 2020. And the SRB payout calculation letters should be Aug, as payment is Sept, but again crickets on it also..Tks
VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Jul 2019, 17:12

That is because lump sum awards were not used to reduced the ELB payments.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit Settlement Reached Empty Payment info

Post by MadMomma Thu 11 Jul 2019, 14:48

I received notice of payment today.  And am thankful for all the hard work done in this matter.  It will be an added bonus in my bank account. However I am curious. I also realized they did  NOT include % of disability regarding lump sum payouts. So I take it they calculate only the monthly %  of disability that was deducted , rounded off to the nearest fifth.  x by 491.08 per percentage point. It is still a nice amount. Will help pay off some bills Smile Smile Smile

MadMomma
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Jul 2019, 13:36

Unknown Soldier wrote:
bigrex wrote:Did you receive a Pension Act pension and ELB, before June 2012? If yes, then you are a member of the class.
by pension act pension do you mean a monthly sum? ,I have a disability pension dating back to 2004 but l was never on ELB, nor did I ever get a letter in the mail that I would be part of this?
No, the class action only included those Veterans who had the ELB reduced by the amount they got from the monthly disability pension. They ended the clawback in 2012, but did not return any of the money, that had been deducted since 2006, when the ELB was created.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by doomed78 Thu 11 Jul 2019, 12:15

I for sure received ELB

doomed78
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2019-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by 861Cook Thu 11 Jul 2019, 12:10

I just rec'd confirmation through MY Vac Account the $$$$$.$$ I will be receiving. Deposit to my back account will be soonest.
861Cook
861Cook
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2016-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Thu 11 Jul 2019, 10:59

bigrex wrote:Did you receive a Pension Act pension and ELB, before June 2012? If yes, then you are a member of the class.
by pension act pension do you mean a monthly sum? ,I have a disability pension dating back to 2004 but l was never on ELB, nor did I ever get a letter in the mail that I would be part of this?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Jul 2019, 09:50

Did you receive a Pension Act pension and ELB, before June 2012? If yes, then you are a member of the class.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by doomed78 Thu 11 Jul 2019, 08:22

How do I know if I'm part of the class action?

doomed78
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2019-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Jul 2019, 06:45

Yes, I got mine as well. And it says the payment will be made shortly, if it's not already in your account. So class memebers should start keeping an eye on their bank accounts.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next