Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

ELB Class Action Law Suit Settlement Reached

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit Settlement Reached Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit Settlement Reached

Post by bigrex on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 10:17

well, seeing as it's an election year, and the time frame for these payments, just happen to overlap the campaign period, you just know that they are going to politicize it. The Liberals will blame the Tories, because they refused to backdate the un-reduced ELB payments, when they cancelled the clawback. And the Tories will blame the Liberals for fighting the Veterans in court. And the NDP will blame both parties, because they are both to blame, even though the NDP would likely have done the same thing, if they had ever been in power. And meanwhile the Veterans will likely have to wait until just before the election, as if this money will buy votes. They're doing the same thing with the SRB. They knew last year that they were going to have to pay out that money, and it was included in their financial forecast, but yet, we are likely not getting the money until the end of September, 3 weeks before the election, on Oct 21st. That can't be a coincidence.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3912
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit Settlement Reached Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit Settlement Reached

Post by EZRider on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 13:30

Well it's June...wonder who will be first to receive payment...and when. Question

EZRider
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit Settlement Reached Empty Update

Post by Riddick on Tue 21 May 2019, 15:33

From MDLO (Michel Drapeau Law Office) MAY 16, 2019

QUOTE: Veterans Affairs Canada (“VAC”) will be responsible for distributing settlement funds under the approved Settlement Agreement.

VAC has been preparing its distribution protocol for Class Members and eligible estates. Distribution of settlement funds to Class Members and eligible estates will commence through direct deposit and/or cheque in June 2019.

Each Class Member and estate eligible to receive a payment under the approved settlement will be receiving a letter from VAC detailing the amount of settlement payment they are entitled to receive. An individualized calculation will be included in the letter explaining how the recipient’s entitlement under the settlement was determined.

The letter will also include additional payment instructions, such as the method for requesting a replacement cheque in the event a Class Member has died.

To assist with the efficient distribution of settlement payments, Class Members and estate representatives are urged to ensure VAC has up-to-date contact and banking information. UNQUOTE
Riddick
Riddick
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 16:16

Merci beaucoup!

Peace
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2019-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by EZRider on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 12:27

Peace wrote:Excusez moi,
Je ne comprends pas beaucoup la page 59..
Ma compréhension de l'anglais est mauvaise.
Pour pouvez vous me renseigner SVP.
Merci

http://mdlo.ca/uncategorized/communique-recours-collectif-cour-federale-du-canada-anciens-combattants/

Contactez MDLO pour une réponse en français si vous ne trouvez pas la réponse sur la page FAQ.

La date limite pour le règlement lors du calcul des paiements est septembre 2018. ( pg 59 )

EZRider
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 12:17

Excusez moi,
Je ne comprends pas beaucoup la page 59..
Ma compréhension de l'anglais est mauvaise.
Pour pouvez vous me renseigner SVP.
Merci

Peace
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by EZRider on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 12:09

Peace wrote:Bonjour,
Eclairez-moi svp!
Entre Novembre 2006 et aujourd'hui j'ai ELB.
Entre 2006 et 2012 j'avais une pension d'invalidité à 25% déduit de ELB.
Aujourd'hui j'ai la pension d'invalidité de 25%( entre 2006 et 2012) et 75% d'indemnité d'invalidité pour un total de 100%.
Ma question : est ce que je vais avoir comme remboursement le 25% ( 2000$ par tranche de 5%, ce qui donne un total de 10000$)

Je vais avoir un remboursement qui tient compte du grand total de 100% aujourd'hui ( 25%pension+ 75%indemnite d'invalidité= 100%)???
Merci beaucoup pour la réponse.

http://mdlo.ca/uncategorized/communique-recours-collectif-cour-federale-du-canada-anciens-combattants/

pg 59 of subj document shows the cutoff date.

EZRider
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 11:55

Bonjour,
Eclairez-moi svp!
Entre Novembre 2006 et aujourd'hui j'ai ELB.
Entre 2006 et 2012 j'avais une pension d'invalidité à 25% déduit de ELB.
Aujourd'hui j'ai la pension d'invalidité de 25%( entre 2006 et 2012) et 75% d'indemnité d'invalidité pour un total de 100%.
Ma question : est ce que je vais avoir comme remboursement le 25% ( 2000$ par tranche de 5%, ce qui donne un total de 10000$)

Je vais avoir un remboursement qui tient compte du grand total de 100% aujourd'hui ( 25%pension+ 75%indemnite d'invalidité= 100%)???
Merci beaucoup pour la réponse.

Peace
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 08:53

Riddick wrote:Hey Wildthing,

I never received ELB either.  I was encouraged to apply, which I did, but was denied.  I should have received!  I have received both letters and good reason to believe I am part of the class.  

There is a disclaimer regarding the letter(s):

Quote. Some veterans received Notices from VAC in error in August 2016 based on an over-inclusive notice program. If you received a Notice but did not receive, or qualify for, ELB, CFIS, or WVA between 2006 and 2012, and were therefore not subject to any deduction of Pension Act benefits during that period, you are not a Class Member and cannot benefit from settlement of the Class Action. Unquote

Hard to say if you are part of the Class Wildthing......but ...never say never.

Email sent never hurts to ask. Thanks again riddick, not expecting it doesn't hurt to ask though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 08:02

Riddick wrote:Hey Wildthing,

I never received ELB either.  I was encouraged to apply, which I did, but was denied.  I should have received!  I have received both letters and good reason to believe I am part of the class.  

Quote. Some veterans received Notices from VAC in error in August 2016 based on an over-inclusive notice program. If you received a Notice but did not receive, or qualify for, ELB, CFIS, or WVA between 2006 and 2012, and were therefore not subject to any deduction of Pension Act benefits during that period, you are not a Class Member and cannot benefit from settlement of the Class Action. Unquote

I did qualify for elb but wasn't recieving it because i refused rehab, it didn't make any sense to put myself through something i could not do. I lost more than the clawback but that was the policy and the hoops of the day that determined if you got "just compensation".
Never did do rehab and i am eelb and should have been compensated after the nurses visit many years ago when i was completely immobile and spent a year confined to the inside of my house. I will contact them thanks Riddick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Riddick on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 22:23

Hey Wildthing,

I never received ELB either. I was encouraged to apply, which I did, but was denied. I should have received! I have received both letters and good reason to believe I am part of the class.

Riddick
Riddick
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 18:58

Riddick wrote:Justagrrl asked "Does everyone qualify under this Class Action? Or is it only for people who were on ELB?"

Not all vets are part of the Class, but, It is not only for people who were "on" ELB either.   There are and will be others who will/are be part of the class without having been on ELB  Most will have received a letter/notification, however:

All members of the Class have been identified by VAC and sent a Notice in the mail in August 2016. If you have not received a Notice but believe you are part of this class, please contact Class Counsel.

Michel Drapeau Law Office
192 Somerset West
Ottawa, Ontario K2P 0J4
Tel: (613) 236-2657
Fax: (613) 236-7476

Toll-Free: 1 866 263-1607
info@mdlo.ca
i was sent a letter but never recieved elb eelb till 2017 should have gotten it in 07 but said F rehab after they jerked my buddy around and skull F him.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 14:48

Riddick, basically, you need to have been approved for ELB, prior to May 2012, to be a class member, whether or not you actually received any ELB benefits. Because, there were only two programs, that were introduced by the NVC, that used the PA pension to reduce the monies paid, the ELB, and the CFIS, which is the program that is available, when you are no longer eligible for the ELB.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Riddick on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 12:06

Justagrrl asked "Does everyone qualify under this Class Action? Or is it only for people who were on ELB?"

Not all vets are part of the Class, but, It is not only for people who were "on" ELB either. There are and will be others who will/are be part of the class without having been on ELB Most will have received a letter/notification, however:

All members of the Class have been identified by VAC and sent a Notice in the mail in August 2016. If you have not received a Notice but believe you are part of this class, please contact Class Counsel.

Michel Drapeau Law Office
192 Somerset West
Ottawa, Ontario K2P 0J4
Tel: (613) 236-2657
Fax: (613) 236-7476

Toll-Free: 1 866 263-1607
info@mdlo.ca
Riddick
Riddick
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 22:01

Yes, but since the only other NVC benefit that also deducted the PA pension, was the CFIS. But since you can only qualify for the CFIS, once your ELB is stopped, it's kind of a moot point. The amount that had been deducted, or for how long, or from which benefit, does not matter. Just that  that it had been deducted.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum