Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POLL - Who has a claim in and how long have you been waiting?

+6
johnny211
Nemo
red510
bulldozer
propat
bigrex
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

POLL - Who has a claim in and how long have you been waiting? Empty Re: POLL - Who has a claim in and how long have you been waiting?

Post by Teager Tue 06 Nov 2018, 16:22

Here is an adjudicator job ad from 2015. You need to be a registered nurse.

https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applicant/page1800?toggleLanguage=en&poster=816915

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

POLL - Who has a claim in and how long have you been waiting? Empty what concerns me

Post by Nemo Tue 06 Nov 2018, 15:46

what concerns me is who actually makes the decision on our files. Is it joe blow off the street with little medical knowledge? Because if they hired people to take care of this backlog, who exactly would they hire?
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

POLL - Who has a claim in and how long have you been waiting? Empty Re: POLL - Who has a claim in and how long have you been waiting?

Post by czerv Tue 06 Nov 2018, 15:38

Sweet, VAC hacks have their jobs guaranteed for decades to come. Not to mention hefty $bonuses.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Nov 2018, 14:14

bulldozer wrote:POLL - Who has a claim in and how long have you been waiting? Tenor11
still waiting!
got a call today, saying minimum wait time on a claim will be automatically 37 weeks, why dont they just change the myvac account then, instead of fronting calls with people complaining that it says "16 weeks" - the only people who believe that time frame are those submitting a claim for the first time. we`ve all heard the speech, "we`re undermanned, were working forced over time, we don`t have enough leaders(CMs) for the ratio of troops"...sounds just like the army.

They are such a load of crap. The issue of waiting was addressed by the Liberals. Their answer was stop putting 16 plus weeks down and tell veterans it would be 26 to 30 weeks. Well... I can see they can't even meet that. Looks like I have another 2 months minimum as I am approaching the 30 week mark this week.

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldozer Tue 06 Nov 2018, 08:37

POLL - Who has a claim in and how long have you been waiting? Tenor11
still waiting!
bulldozer
bulldozer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by soldier270 Tue 06 Nov 2018, 06:54

PTSD re assessment 45 weeks
Other new claims 67 weeks

soldier270
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2018-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 01 Nov 2018, 23:33

Mine was a special reconsideration, because they failed to provide the reason they ignored the medical opinion of the doctor as to entitlement at the appeal level. So it was a very low priority for VRAB.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Thu 01 Nov 2018, 20:08

johnny211 wrote:I just went thru the Attendance Allowance process. It took 6 wks on the nose to hear back. I’m not sure why this one was faster. Could be as it’s under the PA, or that not many qualify for it. Johnny Out, VVV

I think Attendance Allowance is faster as it is considered urgent.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Thu 01 Nov 2018, 18:42

bigrex wrote:Wait times for everything around VAC are insane. I've been waiting for a hearing with VRAB since 2015.

Bigrex,

What? WHAT!
You have been waiting since 2015 for a VRAB hearing? That is ridiculous!
Was there special circumstances for the reason why you had to wait so long? Or is it based on the ‘severe back logged’ excuse that VAC and VRAB has been spoon feeding us for years!
Please tell me that you have another hearing date scheduled cause you should be at the front on the line!

By the Bay

Last edited by By the Bay on Thu 01 Nov 2018, 21:15; edited 1 time in total
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 01 Nov 2018, 15:37

I just went thru the Attendance Allowance process. It took 6 wks on the nose to hear back. I’m not sure why this one was faster. Could be as it’s under the PA, or that not many qualify for it. Johnny Out, VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Wed 31 Oct 2018, 14:51

bulldozer wrote:NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS?

How many Days, Weeks, Months?
How many days ago... 230 days
How many weeks ago... 33 weeks
How many months ago... 7 months
How many hours ago... 5520 hours
How many minutes ago... 331200 minutes
How many seconds ago... 19872000 seconds

i need  meditation classes!

+++ So Bulldozer - did you hear anything yet....or still waiting??
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

POLL - Who has a claim in and how long have you been waiting? Empty 29 weeks reassessment - still waiting

Post by Nemo Wed 31 Oct 2018, 14:36

While I did contact my MP (as well as other members in the government) and they did contact their VAC person, the system is so overloaded that I just sit and wait. Had it been something urgent they might have been able to help but my case is not urgent so I must just wait.

At the moment I am now at 29 weeks since reassessment. The 16 week wait Sleep is not even remotely close to the time frame.Basketball The feds new guideline for waiting is 26 to 30 weeks. So I wonder if I will see a decision this week or next... I certainly don't expect one till the year 2035 by which time I will likely be dead. cheers
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

POLL - Who has a claim in and how long have you been waiting? Empty Delayed claims - CONTACT YOUR MP

Post by Nemo Wed 03 Oct 2018, 11:50

So for everyone  here that is having delayed responses, contact your MP.  I was informed that every MP has a dedicated liaison at Veteran Affairs.  Be civil when you write to your MP tho as they are not the ones at fault. Google your MP online and you can find their email address. Or if you prefer and they are not sitting in Ottawa go into their office.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldozer Wed 03 Oct 2018, 09:40

NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS?

How many Days, Weeks, Months?
How many days ago... 230 days
How many weeks ago... 33 weeks
How many months ago... 7 months
How many hours ago... 5520 hours
How many minutes ago... 331200 minutes
How many seconds ago... 19872000 seconds

i need meditation classes!
bulldozer
bulldozer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 03 Oct 2018, 00:37

Well, I had a hearing scheduled in May, but my lawyer advised me to postpone it, because he was the entitlement changes coming down the pipe would make the hearing unnecessary, since I was only looking to have my entitlement increased to 3/5. But because it appears that the minimum 4/5 is only going forward, any hearings that were postponed are going to be priority.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next