Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

PFL

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

PFL  - Page 14 Empty Re: PFL

Post by Guest on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 12:59

bigrex wrote:Last year, the Liberals expanded the criteria for getting CIA to everyone who was declared DEC, and the grade was determined by how many years you served, before being medically released. But once the CIA becomes the APSC, they are eliminating those expanded criteria, and eligibility will once again depend solely on the severity of the disability.
so is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 13:02

It is for the most part. Some members were able to get a higher grade simply based on time served. Others couldn't get a higher grade even tho disability might say so based on time served. So this in essence makes it more fair for everyone.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 13:18

Teager wrote:It is for the most part. Some members were able to get a higher grade simply based on time served. Others couldn't get a higher grade even tho disability might say so based on time served. So this in essence makes it more fair for everyone.
so then after April 1 it opens the door to some vets who feel they were short changed to resubmit for a change in their assigned CIA grade.?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 14:17

No, it was easier to have it increased, under the current rules. Nobody that met the criteria for a higher grade, because of the severity of their disability, was ever refused, because they served too long. So if someone who lost both legs, wasn't going to be limited to only getting grade 3,  simply because they had served more than 20 years. They compared both sets of criteria, and whichever set, awarded the higher grade, then that was what they used.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilap61 on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 14:30

Big Rex I would desagree since in my case it was the exact reason they gave me for giving me grade 3. Since I had way over 20 years of service. Word for word in there letter.

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2017-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 15:48

Yes, but would you have received a higher grade otherwise, if it been based solely on extent of your disability? If you were only getting the minimum CIA, if any, before they made those changes, they would have told you why you were assessed at, or remained at grade 3 , after they conducted their review.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 17:08

Ireland102 wrote:So if someone has recieved 85% under the NVC, will they be entitled to another lump sum under the PFL, I had several claims, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015 2016 all adding up to 85%, I calculated it and from my number I got $720 a month under PFL a month, I received a total of $287K, will the $720 be multiplied by 12 months then my current age when the new PFL kicks in will be 42, it will be 41 years until I turn 83. So would they pay me a lump sum of $720 X 12= 8640 X 41= $354K for a lump sum payment under PFL? Or is there going to be black magic performed by VA ?

What is it so hard to understand? Under the PA you get a monthly pension. Under the NVC you get a lump sum.
Period. There are no negotiations.

Like check out the fucking website man.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 17:09

What is it so hard to understand? Under the PA you get a monthly pension. Under the NVC you get a lump sum.
Period. There are no negotiations.

Like check out the fucking website man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 17:10

God fuckin damnit

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 19:17

And here I thought I was having a bad day.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SIGS PIGS on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 08:28

Good Morning all,

Can someone tell me is every Veteran afforded the opportunity to earn up to 20,000 a year before any claw-backs happen and my second question is does the year run form Apr 1st to March 31st or is it Jan 01 until Dec 31st,

thanks,

SIGS

SIGS PIGS
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2017-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 09:30

Hi SIGS, you can earn the 20000 if you are DEC. The problem is if your a dual clinet of SISIP and VAC because SISIP will still claw back the money.

The year will run from 01 Jan to 31 Dec

Teager
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SIGS PIGS on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 10:04

Hey Teager,

I am a VAC client only, nothing to do with SISIP so I should be good to go,

May have an opportunity to work two days a week up to 90 days, we shall see,

thanks for the info,

SIGS

SIGS PIGS
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2017-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 11:03

SIGS PIGS wrote:Hey Teager,

I am a VAC client only, nothing to do with SISIP so I should be good to go,

May have an opportunity to work two days a week up to 90 days, we shall see,

thanks for the info,

SIGS
pardon me for not knowing but I keep reading here in various threads about people being “ involved with SISIP”, what exactly does that mean, it’s been so long ago now, but when I was originally medically released I think I was under their care for the first 2 years that was it, then all my current income now comes from my mil pension and vac disability claims. Are their situations where SISIP is entwined in a veterans affairs forever.?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 11:34

Sleeping Dog yes, when people release they are given the initial 2 years from SISIP. You are then assessed and you either continue on with them till 65 or booted off. VAC tops me up to the 90% as SISIP only does the 75%.

When the new system kicks in I believe all service related injuries and illnesses will be fully under VAC and those deemed partial or not due to service go under SISIP.

Teager
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum