Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEC DECISION POSTED ON VAC ACCOUNT

Go down

DEC DECISION POSTED ON VAC ACCOUNT Empty Re: DEC DECISION POSTED ON VAC ACCOUNT

Post by AirLog Thu 13 Dec 2018, 16:58

Thanks for the reply Bruce72. I am grateful that VAC has approved me as DEC (prefer to be healthy). I was denied CIA in the past as my medical condition and limitations don't fit the definition for CIA. However, now being designated as DEC I am hoping to at least be granted CIA 3 plus the Supplement. Here's hoping.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2018, 16:50

AirLog wrote:Thanks Bruce72. I shall apply on-line for both CIA and the Supplement. I have never been approved for CIA so I am hoping with now being DEC approved I might be approved for CIA 3 and the Supplement.

AirLog

Airlog just realized you said you haven't been approved CIA before. It may take a little longer than usual for VAC to process your application, but I can't say for certain. Rest assured though you will qualify.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2018, 16:47

AirLog wrote:Thanks Bruce72. I shall apply on-line for both CIA and the Supplement. I have never been approved for CIA so I am hoping with now being DEC approved I might be approved for CIA 3 and the Supplement.

AirLog

No worries Airlog.

My CIA supp and review application is at stage 3 and it says approximately 6 weeks to process.

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Thu 13 Dec 2018, 15:47

Thanks Bruce72. I shall apply on-line for both CIA and the Supplement. I have never been approved for CIA so I am hoping with now being DEC approved I might be approved for CIA 3 and the Supplement.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2018, 13:30

I applied for CIA supp etc right after I got off the phone with my CM, it was on her advice I apply right away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2018, 13:30

AirLog wrote:Does anyone know how long it takes from VAC declaring you DEC and your VAC account acknowledging this? My CM called me last week to let me know that the interdisciplinary board approved me for DEC. My VAC account still has my ELB as (temporary) and not (Extended). I want to apply for CIA and the Supplement but I want to wait until my DEC is reflected on my VAC account. Thanks.

AirLog

I think it was about a week before I saw things change to EELB. If your CM told you are now DEC you can go ahead and apply for the CIA supplement and a review of your current CIA level. It's all on the same form found on My VAC Account. Don't worry you're good to go.

Last edited by Bruce72 on Thu 13 Dec 2018, 13:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

DEC DECISION POSTED ON VAC ACCOUNT Empty DEC DECISION POSTED ON VAC ACCOUNT

Post by AirLog Thu 13 Dec 2018, 13:22

Does anyone know how long it takes from VAC declaring you DEC and your VAC account acknowledging this? My CM called me last week to let me know that the interdisciplinary board approved me for DEC. My VAC account still has my ELB as (temporary) and not (Extended). I want to apply for CIA and the Supplement but I want to wait until my DEC is reflected on my VAC account. Thanks.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down