Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAC excessive increase in response time

+11
doomed78
propat
bulldozer
Gunner8
Unknown Soldier
Ppclicaper
daverobitaille@rogers.com
cdnnavy77
Nemo
johnny211
Iceman
15 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

VAC excessive increase in response time - Page 2 Empty Re: VAC excessive increase in response time

Post by derngt Wed 31 Jul 2019, 10:11

Gunner8 wrote:Derngt, you said you got around 6k backpay? Was that before or after tax? And was that cias and cia?
I got one letter this morning about cias, saying from April 1- July 31 my cias backpay is 2145, after taxes I’ll get 1350. That’s for 4 months cias. Seems low to me. Still waiting on more letters as my CM told me there’s 3 otw.

Gunner

My amount was actually 5200.00..I added incorrectly..Yes that was after taxes

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

VAC excessive increase in response time - Page 2 Empty Re: VAC excessive increase in response time

Post by Gunner8 Wed 31 Jul 2019, 09:00

Derngt, you said you got around 6k backpay? Was that before or after tax? And was that cias and cia?
I got one letter this morning about cias, saying from April 1- July 31 my cias backpay is 2145, after taxes I’ll get 1350. That’s for 4 months cias. Seems low to me. Still waiting on more letters as my CM told me there’s 3 otw.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 26 Jul 2019, 17:46

Thanks for the clarification derngt. It’s confusing. But I don’t have any paperwork yet or decision letter, just seen the difference in the amounts. Did u get a letter stating backpay and amount changes? Thanks

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Fri 26 Jul 2019, 16:41

Gunner8 wrote:I was going to put in a complaint this evening, but today my claim went to step four, finally. My IRB got increased, by it seems to by around 800 before tax, but I though CIAS was suppose to be 1145 before tax?
Also my cia got increased to grade level 2, even tho my cia claim still Says step 1. Couple questions, how much is CIAs suppose to be before tax? And will I be getting back pay for cias? As of right now it just shows updated monthly payment. Thanks

Gunner
What you just described is the exact same scenario I am in..My IRB went from $887.65 to  $1,580.69 after the CIAS was included..That also includes a tax deduction of $140.00..I am also short 300.00 or so dollars.Even looking at the calculation sheet they sent makes no sense to me.  I think the difference is a result of the 90% IRB max amount we are allow to receive...I am still very greatful for the bump in my CIA and the CIAS..I am up $1200.00..In my case I am still owed an additional 300.00/month for the loss of my bridge portion as well....

Yes you will get back pay..In total my was around 6k....

derngt
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Fri 26 Jul 2019, 15:20

I have one at Stage 3 since July 2018. There bull crap excuses are beyond reasoning..My rant for today,,Johnny Out..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by EZRider Fri 26 Jul 2019, 14:36

Sitting at step 3 for Tinnitus/hearing loss since Sept 18'.....40 weeks.  

Wonder if there is a correlation between confirmed/denied claims, had a knee reassessment that I thought was a no brainer based on the x-rays but was denied, it was 16 weeks on the nose however.

Last edited by EZRider on Fri 26 Jul 2019, 15:36; edited 1 time in total

EZRider
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 26 Jul 2019, 14:29

I was going to put in a complaint this evening, but today my claim went to step four, finally. My IRB got increased, by it seems to by around 800 before tax, but I though CIAS was suppose to be 1145 before tax?
Also my cia got increased to grade level 2, even tho my cia claim still Says step 1. Couple questions, how much is CIAs suppose to be before tax? And will I be getting back pay for cias? As of right now it just shows updated monthly payment. Thanks

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeCeeGB Fri 26 Jul 2019, 11:06

This is what I received today. I’m on the fence about making a complaint with the ombudsman. I’m getting a little sick of constant lip service...

Thank you for using My VAC Account and our secure email service.

We apologize for the long delay in finalizing your claims.

I can understand the dissatisfaction and worry regarding the
processing
time showing online that doesn't reflect the current reality.
I know you
have probably been informed of the higher than usual volume for
these claims.

We were advised recently that Adjudication is in fact still working
on claims
submitted in February 2019, and yours began on February 25th
2019. I know
that you have waited long enough. Unfortunately, there is no
procedure
at our disposal that can be used to expedite the process on these
claims.

The department is working towards reducing the processing times.
However, we
are unable to inform you as to when they will finalize all claims
from February 2019.

Once again, we are sorry for this long delay. We will advise
you in writing
as soon as a decision is made. We thank you for your patience.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact
us again
via My VAC Account or our toll-free number, 1-866-522-2122.

MikeCeeGB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2018-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Thu 25 Jul 2019, 12:52

Gunner8 wrote:When I select others and no it sends me back to the first page. 🤷🏻‍�

Gunner

then select yes

derngt
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Thu 25 Jul 2019, 10:26

When I select others and no it sends me back to the first page.

Gunner

Last edited by Gunner8 on Thu 25 Jul 2019, 22:39; edited 1 time in total

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Wed 24 Jul 2019, 08:43

Gunner8 wrote:Derngt, what option did u select? There’s no CIAs or CIA option. There is a option that says other, but if u select that it says u need a decision letter. I got decision letter for DEC is all. Applied for CIAS in February And I was deemed DEC in March.

Gunner

I just selected others and no..you then explain your case

derngt
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Tue 23 Jul 2019, 17:06

Derngt, what option did u select? There’s no CIAs or CIA option. There is a option that says other, but if u select that it says u need a decision letter. I got decision letter for DEC is all. Applied for CIAS in February And I was deemed DEC in March.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Tue 23 Jul 2019, 15:07

Gunner8 wrote:Derngt, not sure if this is a dumb question, but how do I complain to the Veterans ombudsman? 22 weeks now for CIAs for me.

Gunner

Just go to the following and select complaint https://www.ombudsman-veterans.gc.ca/eng
\

derngt
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue 23 Jul 2019, 13:34

i just looked.

mine (APSC first application, not CIA) submitted april 1.
still sitting at step 1, hasn't gone past that step

Step 1 - Application received means your application form, and any other documents you sent with your form, have been received by VAC.

Step 2 - Intake means your application is being reviewed by VAC to ensure all necessary information is available to make a decision about your application

since their time calcs are based off of all info received, their 8 week estimate does not even start until step 2 is completed. they can sit on that step for months (for any application), and still meet the goals they report up to the minister.

bunch of BS if you ask me

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Tue 23 Jul 2019, 13:15

Derngt, not sure if this is a dumb question, but how do I complain to the Veterans ombudsman? 22 weeks now for CIAs for me.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum