Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did your PTSD come with other diagnosis?

3 posters

Go down

Did your PTSD come with other diagnosis? Empty Re: Did your PTSD come with other diagnosis?

Post by Tireddad Tue 03 Dec 2019, 22:20

Thank you.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2019-07-23

Back to top Go down

Did your PTSD come with other diagnosis? Empty Re: Did your PTSD come with other diagnosis?

Post by Ppclicaper Tue 03 Dec 2019, 22:10

Hard to predict the % s . Each person is effected to a degree.. some worse than others . Some people have 5 pensions combined to 80%.. some have only 1 ... at 80% . Your degree maybe higher lower etc . Just hope it is not adjudicated on a Friday after noon ...😳.

Good luck my friend .. all of us here wish you good luck . We all know the wait times .. denials and approvals . It is a journey .

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2019-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Tue 03 Dec 2019, 21:52

Thanks for the info. If you had a total of 6 issues diagnosed and I have 4 .... I would imagine that I would likely be awarded less than your 70%. Time will tell.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ppclicaper Tue 03 Dec 2019, 20:26

PTSD In itself is the sum of symptoms . Major depression, social phobia , anxiety , sleeping disorder ... and severe anger issues .. were my main diagnosis.. when you apply for PTSD and awarded it will say on your benefit notification ... benefit - PTSD ( anxiety , sleeping disorder , social phobia and so on ... has been combined for your final PTSD award.

Exactly as shown it will read PTSD ( your list of diagnosed symptoms)

I am not sure if VAC is more plus or minus on the %s now . I would assume the award % should be a constant from over the years .

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Tue 03 Dec 2019, 17:59

Ppclicaper wrote:I can confirm PTSD and the other causes and effects such as depression , anger , social phobia , anxiety , eating disorder, sleep disorder which make up overall PTSD and are the symptoms of PTSD . Will be grouped together in one claim of benefits for PTSD . Severity of each will increase your % for benefit.

Diagnosed PTSD with majority of symptoms previously stated.. 70% disability since 2002.

Thanks for the reply,

I guess as long as VAC takes them into account is sufficient.

You said you are at 70%. Did you also have a total of 4 diagnoses as well? I have PTSD, Major Depressive Disorder, Insomnia Disorder & Binge Eating Disorder.

I also wonder if VAC still awards %’s at the same level as they did in the early 2’000’s or if they have dropped the % they award claims?

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ppclicaper Tue 03 Dec 2019, 17:47

I can confirm PTSD and the other causes and effects such as depression , anger , social phobia , anxiety , eating disorder, sleep disorder which make up overall PTSD and are the symptoms of PTSD . Will be grouped together in one claim of benefits for PTSD . Severity of each will increase your % for benefit.

Diagnosed PTSD with majority of symptoms previously stated.. 70% disability since 2002.

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Tue 03 Dec 2019, 15:07

Unknown Soldier wrote: I'm no expert, it may heighten the overall % of your PTSd,I mean I dont know the other diagnosis you've been hit with, best person to ask would be cm or bpa

Oh, that could be.  So, instead of VAC giving an amount to each diagnosies, the additional 3 might up the % on my PTSD.  That would be nice.  I’m just looking forward to figuring these things out.  My life has turned to crap over the past 8 years!

Thanks.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Tue 03 Dec 2019, 14:30

Tireddad wrote:
Unknown Soldier wrote:
that’s the catch 22, many veterans have depression, anxiety other disorders that under the psychology book of injuries are each their own ailment and treated differently, the DSM V I think it’s called. A vet may have ptsd but not the others or depression but not ptsd etc. But VAC lumps everything under one diagnosis , and only 1 payment. Though physically a vet can have 2-3 injuries related to the same part of the body and each awarded a separate % and payment.

So I should not expect that the psychiatrist diagnosing me with 4 separate things would increase my % amount?  Admittedly I attended the appointment with the psychiatrist and only expected to be likely diagnosed with PTSD, but then she hit me with the other 3 and I was surprised. However, now that it’s been a few weeks I started to wonder how this might affect my claim?  But, from your experience it sounds like it likely won’t affect it at all???

Thanks.
I'm no expert, it may heighten the overall % of your PTSd,I mean I dont know the other diagnosis you've been hit with, best person to ask would be cm or bpa
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Tue 03 Dec 2019, 13:41

Unknown Soldier wrote:
that’s the catch 22, many veterans have depression, anxiety other disorders that under the psychology book of injuries are each their own ailment and treated differently, the DSM V I think it’s called. A vet may have ptsd but not the others or depression but not ptsd etc. But VAC lumps everything under one diagnosis , and only 1 payment. Though physically a vet can have 2-3 injuries related to the same part of the body and each awarded a separate % and payment.

So I should not expect that the psychiatrist diagnosing me with 4 separate things would increase my % amount?  Admittedly I attended the appointment with the psychiatrist and only expected to be likely diagnosed with PTSD, but then she hit me with the other 3 and I was surprised. However, now that it’s been a few weeks I started to wonder how this might affect my claim?  But, from your experience it sounds like it likely won’t affect it at all???

Thanks.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Tue 03 Dec 2019, 13:14

Tireddad wrote:Hello forum,

I’m curious,  do any of you have experiences with claiming PTSD and then getting assessed by a psychiatrist and diagnosed with several other issues as well?

I have 14 years service and I was diagnosed with ...

PTSD
Major depressive disorder
Insomnia disorder
Binge eating disorder

This surprised me as I just assumed they were all part of PTSD.

Is this typical to have several diagnoses like this & does it affect your claim in any way?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Did your PTSD come with other diagnosis? Empty Did your PTSD come with other diagnosis?

Post by Tireddad Mon 02 Dec 2019, 22:56

Hello forum,

I’m curious,  do any of you have experiences with claiming PTSD and then getting assessed by a psychiatrist and diagnosed with several other issues as well?

I have 14 years service and I was diagnosed with ...

PTSD
Major depressive disorder
Insomnia disorder
Binge eating disorder

This surprised me as I just assumed they were all part of PTSD.

Is this typical to have several diagnoses like this & does it affect your claim in any way?

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down