Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DTC Resource Material/Info

3 posters

Go down

DTC Resource Material/Info Empty Re: DTC Resource Material/Info

Post by AirLog Mon 17 Aug 2020, 09:24

I was approved the DTC earlier this year. I did a lot of research on this topic and one invaluable resource is a person called BJ Clancy. She has a Facebook page that assists anyone wanting DTC information/guidance or assistance in staffing your DTC claim. She only charges $100 from start to finish. Not a % based person. She simply wants to assist people that want assistance with their DTC claim. I strongly recommend her. She deals with mental health DTC claim issues. My DTC claim dealt with "cumulative effects" so she declined to assist me with my claim. I did read everything on her site as it greatly assisted me with my claim. In the end, I was successful in CRA approving my claim. Here is her Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/disabilitytaxcredit/

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Sun 16 Aug 2020, 10:47

I would suggest anyone going for any mental related DTC application to get two/both doctors to fill in various parts of the form. Having a psychologist/psychiatrist and a family doctor assist in completing the application in their area(s) of expertise would very likely make your case/position stronger.....IMO (keep a copy and you send it/upload it to the CRA).

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by souellette Sun 16 Aug 2020, 10:29

Agreed;

Do not pay/give power to anyone to 'help' you with the DTC. It's a scam. It's like a "fast tax" loan from H&R Block. You get the DTC and they get a good chunk of your re-filed past returns. Then they get you into RDSP's with heavy deferred service charges. RDSP's are a fantastic investment, just be careful with commission sales. This why everyone wants to help you get the DTC. Personally, I have a good rep with the SISIP financial folks on base....

ALL you need is your doctors support. Denials can be dealt with through your doctor. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking this is like arguing a DA award. You either are, or not. There are specific 'qualifications' for this designation. Again, your doctor will decide.

All vets with a significant injuries should be applying

souellette
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2019-09-04

Kramer likes this post

Back to top Go down

DTC Resource Material/Info Empty DTC Resource Material/Info

Post by Kramer Wed 17 Jun 2020, 12:52

This can be very helpful for anyone applying. You shouldn't have to pay for anyone to help you access this benefit. The NBA (National Benefit Authority) is one group who charges clients for assisting with rejected DTC claims. Unfortunately most do minimal work (as the client has usually done most of it) and charge upwards of 25% and if for some reason the CRA later denies you through audit(s) (after being approved) these companies do not tend to just give you the crazy money they charged back to you!

Writing letter(s) to the DAC (Disability Advisory Committee) would also be helpful for the DAC members to have a better insight into the concerns that veterans have when trying to access the DTC. There is a direct link to the email address in the section "Contact Us" on their website or copy and paste: DACCCPHG@cra-arc.gc.ca. A cc. of the letter can be sent to the individual's Member of Parliament. All names are kept confidential so they do not know the author of any of the letters. They are trying to create some case studies of successful applications on both websites (DAC and fightingforfairness and will use pseudonyms, so that individuals living with mental impairments have a better understanding of the eligibility criteria.

I recommend anyone applying for the DTC to go to the DAC website and read the annual report. It will really open your eyes as to what the committee does and what they recommend. It will also give you a better understanding of how the CRA does everything to deny applicants.

http://www.fightingforfairness.ca/

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/about-canada-revenue-agency-cra/disability-advisory-committee.html

Email DAC (Disability Advisory Committee): DACCCPHG@cra-arc.gc.ca

If this has helped anyone, I would appreciate feedback/comments for other members to view.

Thanks

Riddick

Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down