Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DTC Info

4 posters

Go down

DTC Info Empty Re: DTC Info

Post by AirLog Fri 03 Dec 2021, 17:55

I agree with jimmyB1. I did my own application and was approved without having to pay a third party. Lots of research but it was worth it. I like the tax relieve that the DTC provides. I am too old to benefit the RDSP but, I am ok with that.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyB1 Thu 02 Dec 2021, 07:46

Thanks for the share Riddick. When I was going through my DTC application I nearly went to one of those crooked businesses because of how difficult it was to obtain through my family dr, psych etc. I was initially denied and had to get my clinicians to send in more info.
If you think you deserve this then get it. It's a huge benefit to any injured or ill veteran. Besides the yearly tax credit you also become eligible to open a RDSP. RDSPs are a great investment vehicle - the government contributes 3 or 4 times (can't remember) every dollar you invest.
More vets need access to this without all the barriers and roadblocks.

jimmyB1
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2018-12-13

Back to top Go down

DTC Info Empty JUNK

Post by derngt Sun 21 Nov 2021, 07:18

These companies that assist with the DTC application are predators. Then charge over 30%, Avoid at all cost...

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Teentitan likes this post

Back to top Go down

DTC Info Empty DTC Info

Post by Kramer Fri 19 Nov 2021, 21:13

FYI
http://www.fightingforfairness.ca/blog.php?navID=22

"Big win for Canadians with disabilities

November 4, 2021

Justice prevails for a small business with a huge heart committed to ensuring that Canadians with disabilities are able to access the income supports to which they are entitled.

The Supreme Court of British Columbia rules in favour of True North Disability Services Ltd. (TNDS) and Shane Nercessian preventing the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) from imposing punitive regulations to prevent Canadians with disabilities from accessing professional services to assist with Disability Tax Credit (DTC) applications. CRA no longer has the authority to impose a $100 flat fee for companies assisting taxpayers with their DTC applications and appeals.

Justice Harry J. Slade recognized that most, if not all, DTC service providers will be driven out of business as it will no longer be economical for them to provide many of the services required to assist with a successful application of the DTC. After a two-day trial, and reviewing numerous affidavits filed in support of the application, he granted an injunction against the CRA immediately suspending the operation of the Disability Tax Credit Promoters Restrictions Regulations which would have taken effect on November 15, 2021.

This is a great victory for Shane Nercessian and his company considering that injunctions are by their nature extraordinary and difficult to obtain. Injunctions suspending the operation of legislation are very uncommon indeed.

The proposed Regulations were adopted in 2019 by the CRA citing support from the Disability Advisory Committee. Nevertheless, CRA’s actions were ultimately a betrayal of trust of the Committee since it was never our intention to put these companies out of business. The CRA specifically noted our Committee's concerns in the Canada Gazette Part II, Volume 155, Number 8, March 26, 2021.

"The DAC discussed the need to strike a balance between ensuring that vulnerable populations (such as individuals with disabilities) are not financially disadvantaged and adequately compensating those that assist them in receiving the benefits to which they are entitled.

“Overall, the DAC was of the view that the fee should be set at an affordable rate for the applicant… and ensure that promoters are adequately compensated for their time to ensure legitimate businesses can continue to operate and provide affordable services to this vulnerable community.”

Justice Slade noted that the Regulation would effectively prevent Canadians with disabilities from being represented by all professionals, including lawyers and accountants, unless, of course, they are willing to accept a $100 cap on their fees. And yet, other members of the public are generally able to retain the same professionals to represent their interests with branches of government in relation to all other matters dealing with taxation without a punitive fee schedule.

The next step in this process is going back to court to determine whether CRA’s Regulations are even constitutional considering that the federal government is encroaching on provincial powers as far as the regulation of fees provided by professionals including Shane Nercessian and his company."
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2015-03-19

jimmyB1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down