Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDA (Special Duty Area)

+4
Nemo
Iceman
bigrex
johnny211
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

SDA (Special Duty Area) - Page 3 Empty Re: SDA (Special Duty Area)

Post by johnny211 Wed 15 Jul 2020, 07:06

Gunner8 - Great ? Here’s my situation, and how to change fm A too B.
23 yrs ago while still serving I had frostbite on my right hand. I put in and got disability for it. I then put in for VIP, for snow clearing, which I received A coverage. As yr Vip is linked to yr disabilities.
3 yrs after that I did the Swiss Air recovery. And eventually got out due to ptsd and issues. I had a tour prior to my frostbite, and my pscy wrote both my SDA and Swiss air as cause of ptsd, and issues.
I asked Vac just awhile ago about changing to B coverage. The VSA said if I get my pscy to write a letter linking my ptsd to my SDA, then they would look at changing it to B coverage. So my original Vip was taken fm frostbite, that’s why I got A, but it can be linked and changed
By a pscy/ Dr letter. Hope this helps..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

SDA (Special Duty Area) - Page 3 Empty SDA (Special Duty Area)

Post by Gunner8 Tue 14 Jul 2020, 20:30

It was brought to my attention that some people get “A coverage” and some get “ B coverage”. A coverage covers service related, whereas B coverage covers anything and everything. How does one qualify for B coverage, I was told I may be able to qualify. Thanks

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3