Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conservative Party of Canada

4 posters

Go down

Conservative Party of Canada Empty Re: Conservative Party of Canada

Post by Kramer Tue 25 Aug 2020, 11:33

Teentitan wrote:Want to see a VAC Adjudicator have a temper tantrum?  Enact this rule and sit back and watch heads explode as their VAC department is neutered...

Empowering military doctors, who know the demands of service and the impact of injuries, to determine a service-related injury for all CAF and VAC purposes. No longer will a medical category deny someone the ability to serve but a separate evaluation deny them benefits.

Of all the promises this, IMO, is the most important one to keep!  For 23 years I have asked why can a military doctor kick my ass out of the military but the same doctor report has "No Value" when it comes to my VAC application?

Yes Teen....this "promise" makes sense! But this one "Allow Veterans and their families to direct their own care and rehabilitation."

It's kind of vague/ambiguous and......quite misleading which raises many questions (to me).

He was the MVA for a very short time......and he was not the puppet master.....however he was in the military, which gave him the opportunity to see the military as it really is/was which most politicians have no clue. If he has good principles/ethics/values, they should serve him well if he keeps/uses them. As for transparency lol......well hey...... he's a politician and can only expect so much.

Time will tell.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 25 Aug 2020, 10:00

Want to see a VAC Adjudicator have a temper tantrum? Enact this rule and sit back and watch heads explode as their VAC department is neutered...

Empowering military doctors, who know the demands of service and the impact of injuries, to determine a service-related injury for all CAF and VAC purposes. No longer will a medical category deny someone the ability to serve but a separate evaluation deny them benefits.

Of all the promises this, IMO, is the most important one to keep! For 23 years I have asked why can a military doctor kick my ass out of the military but the same doctor report has "No Value" when it comes to my VAC application?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Kramer and Iceman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Tue 25 Aug 2020, 00:48

Here is what Erin O'Toole promises Veterans

https://erinotoole.ca/platform/veterans/  

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Kramer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubicon Mon 24 Aug 2020, 11:53

And WikiLeaks has this on his "short" time as Veterans Affairs Minister after replacing "*uck Face Fantino". Personally, I was hoping for McKay as the CP Leader as O'Toole does not impress me in the least.

"On January 5, 2015, O'Toole was appointed minister of veterans affairs, replacing Julian Fantino.[16] O'Toole priortized repairing relations with veterans and addressing the several complaints Canadian veterans had with Fantino.[17]

During his time as minister of veterans affairs, O'Toole was able to convince the veterans to place a lawsuit against the Canadian Government on hold while they entered settlement negotiations.[18] The lawsuit, filed before O'Toole was named minister, was based on Canadian soldiers arguing that the 2006 overhaul of veteran benefits was discriminatory.[18]

18. Brewster, Murray. "Afghan vets lawsuit over benefits on hold as Tories search for settlement". CBC News.

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Conservative Party of Canada Empty Conservative Party of Canada

Post by Kramer Mon 24 Aug 2020, 11:13

Erin O'Toole is now their new leader...............any thoughts/comments? Is he a good/the best choice?

Hopefully his words..."I'm here to fight for you" come to fruition.......or will they haunt him?

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down