Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allowed to make $20,000

+2
johnny211
Gunner8
6 posters

Go down

Allowed to make $20,000 Empty Re: Allowed to make $20,000

Post by Rescue30 Sat 24 Oct 2020, 07:55

I have been working casually for over a year making less than 20k with not interruptions to my benefits. Once a month you need to upload pay statements to VAC which is annoying but it's not a trick. I do what I can and have the ability to stop at anytime or take a break when I need it. I receive IRB and am DEC.

Rescue30
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2020-10-24

Teentitan, Gunner8 and rainmaker1971 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Oct 2020, 18:42

Big Rex: He has done his homework, wise factual opinions, and has a kind heart!
I remember once when he was actually wrong SmileSmile. Only once!

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Mon 19 Oct 2020, 18:37

BigRex,

Thru your insightful guidance you have greatly assisted me in more ways than you can imagine. Your guidance/advice, along with that of BytheBay, has been instrumental in ensuring that I did in fact gain access to all the benefits that VAC has to offer. My CM was also a key member in my journey with VAC. Yes, there have been a few members that seem to go off on the wrong direction when it comes to assisting other members but, let's now allow a few to spoil it for the rest of us. This forum needs you BigRex so keep doing what you do. I can't thank you enough for keeping this forum going in the right direction.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 19 Oct 2020, 17:38

I'm really glad that you found something that fills your soul. but each Veteran needs to find out what makes them feel complete, on their own. For me, it was these forums. For several years, the first thing I did every day was log on, to see what was happening, and how I could help. Being able to help other Veterans with research, and understanding the ever changing legislation made me feel whole again. Unfortunately a few out of control members ruined that for me.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Rifleman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Oct 2020, 18:16

All good points. Just my approach.

Last edited by Chaud on Tue 20 Oct 2020, 20:02; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun 18 Oct 2020, 12:54

bigrex wrote:A few problems with your plan Chaud, is most Veterans do not have the disposable income to risk buying things, on the off chance that they can't be sold again quickly. And another issue is that some veterans, especially those with severe PTSD may not be comfortable talking with strangers, or having them come to their home,

I totally agree.
I do have the disposable income, but with my PTSD, there is not a hope in £$&** that I would talk to strangers to buy miscellaneous things on the hope I can resell, or have strangers come to my house to get things.

I got rid of some old stuff via kijijji a year ago, and rather than having to deal with people, put it all for free, and when someone arranged for pickup, I just put it outside before they came.

Someone else can resell, but not this guy.

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 18 Oct 2020, 12:06

A few problems with your plan Chaud, is most Veterans do not have the disposable income to risk buying things, on the off chance that they can't be sold again quickly. And another issue is that some veterans, especially those with severe PTSD may not be comfortable talking with strangers, or having them come to their home,
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Oct 2020, 08:38

Not a smart ass at all.  If you can talk and want something to do and make a few bucks. Buy and sell things you like and would use in case it doesn't sell. Then sell them at a profit. No tax bills etc and it's fun.  Life is about finding happiness if you need to "work" for satisfaction or for health consideration this was my idea. When I buy and sell fun stuff etc I meet like-minded people that share that interest. IE: The jeep lead to a few interesting day outings adventures. It can lead to friendships, humor, and takes my mind off my aches and pains. All you basically need to be able to talk!  Then you do not need to worry that VAC will discontinue your benefits. So Gunner now you know the whole story!  Smile Cheers    BTW i live in the woods people who want things will travel "if the price is right"

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Tue 13 Oct 2020, 07:26

Chaud, first off yes I can talk. But it’s not about that, i asked a question out of curiosity for not just myself, but for fellow vets I know. I also didn’t ask ppl how to make money, I don’t need to make money, I’m doing fine.
Also, kijiji is not an option in small isolated towns. So instead of coming in and acting like a smart ass and being ignorant, if you don’t have anything to contribute to the topic, and try and help Each other, then just don’t comment.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Oct 2020, 05:36

See the above comment!

Last edited by Chaud on Tue 13 Oct 2020, 08:42; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Mon 12 Oct 2020, 15:57

Thanks Xnurse. I kinda figured that’s the plan from Vac, but I just wanted to get others opinion and suggestions. Thanks

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Oct 2020, 19:58

I’m in agreement there, I’m SISIP, IRB, CPPD, DEC, and even though my doctor says I’m good to try something part time, when I check the SISIP and CRA standards, it appears that as soon as I make any income either Manulife, or CRA (CPPD) will review my status and remove me from their eligibility which would likely cause an immediate review from VAC and potentially revoke my DEC and end all my benefits. The limit for CPP is way less than 20k, and the clawback from SISIP is immediate, so even trying a few hours for a few bucks isn’t worth the grief that would happen immediately after starting work. My doc agrees it’s not worth going through all it took to qualify for benefits again and the years of jumping through VAC hoops just to see if I can work a few hours a week. So it’s volunteer, classes on my own, or whatever else is available for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 09 Oct 2020, 18:23

Yes that’s what I’m thinking it is as well. I just know a few vets, and myself included who wonder if maybe part time work would help us. But if that risk would cancel our benefits then it’s not worth the risk.

I often wonder why VAC don’t offer vets the chance to try and ease back into the work force, without threatening to take their benefits. I feel alot of vets, especially the younger ones, would certainly give it a try, and benefit from it!!

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Fri 09 Oct 2020, 15:37

Hi Gunner - I don’t know any of my Dec Vet friends who did this. Call us ptsd vets paranoid, but I think this is a Vac Bait and Switch Scheme. I’d say if yr bored, take up gardening, woodworking, or another hobby. Just my thoughts..Johnny Out, VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Gunner8 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Allowed to make $20,000 Empty Allowed to make $20,000

Post by Gunner8 Fri 09 Oct 2020, 14:05

Is their anyone on here who is receiving IRB and works part time? Anyone who’s on IRB and DEC and works part time? Just curious because i know some were told they could make $20,000 before per year, but I don’t know anyone who’s actually done it. Seems like some ppl fear they may lose their benefits if they do. Anyone got any experience/knowledge on this?

Thanks
Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down