Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEC and the 1% career impact increase

4 posters

Go down

DEC and the 1% career impact increase Empty Re: DEC and the 1% career impact increase

Post by Shogun-VP Fri 05 Nov 2021, 15:51

Does anyone know what the extra monthly amount is if there is 14 years of career progression? I was just recently declared DEC and my CM told me they would be applying 14 years of career progression and that I should be getting an adjustment payment this year and CPF increase this January. Thanks advance.

Shogun-VP
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2017-01-07

Back to top Go down

DEC and the 1% career impact increase Empty Re: DEC and the 1% career impact increase

Post by Vet1234 Wed 04 Nov 2020, 15:47

So COLA and then another 1%...
Like I'm saying,. I have yet to see a benefit calculation sheet that shows that indeed is being applied.
I asked last year and they acknowledged that it was, but couldn't show me where and how much it was. Cola is always easy,. It's the difference between December and January payments.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by cookie2007 Wed 04 Nov 2020, 15:27

Yes, it's 1% on current IRB... yearly.

cookie2007
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2020-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 04 Nov 2020, 14:14

cookie2007 wrote:My husband has 12 years of career progression. He was determined DEC in August they haven't applied it yet. From what I hear it will be added in January.
It will be 1% of his IRB payment- added every January + COLA until his 20 years have completed fully.
Does this help?
thx, does the payment have anything to do with his rank when he left the device, I.e. 12 year Cpl vs 12 col. Etc. Does he even know how much it will be.? , does it matter when the vet is declared DEC, I.e. if they were found to have a DEC, dec 31...would they still be given the 1% increase Jan 1, I wonder.?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by cookie2007 Wed 04 Nov 2020, 11:37

For Veterans who have not yet served a full career in the military, the Income Replacement Benefit will be increased by 1% every year until the Veteran reaches what would have been 20 years of service or age 60. It does not represent the actual career progression an individual Veteran may have had in the military.

cookie2007
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 04 Nov 2020, 11:15

I'm curious about this as well.  I tried finding it on my increase last year, but I don't think I saw it anywhere.  I honestly don't think they are doing it. I just received COLA last year
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by cookie2007 Wed 04 Nov 2020, 11:12

My husband has 12 years of career progression. He was determined DEC in August they haven't applied it yet. From what I hear it will be added in January.
It will be 1% of his IRB payment- added every January + COLA until his 20 years have completed fully.
Does this help?

cookie2007
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

DEC and the 1% career impact increase Empty DEC and the 1% career impact increase

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 04 Nov 2020, 09:05

For those found to have a DEC , VAC policy states that if the veteran did not complete a 20 year career and is under the age of 60, they are entitled to a 1% increase in pay annually.
How is this calculated, how much is it, is it a set amount or calculated by rank you were when you left the service? Is it applied, Jan 1, april1 or some other date?
Thank you
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down