Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

+26
propat
SaintJohn18182
frustrated
xtraforus
Tilap61
Rifleman
Newfie
By the Bay
bog6
Nemo
Rustytheviking
pinger
Teager
bosn181
Armygunner
Cctchevy18
Mike77
Slaket
cosmo12
bigrex
Dannypaj
johnny211
Willie
Vet1234
czerv
30 posters

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)  Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2018, 21:57

peep wrote:My new Case Manager drove up to my house from out of town to see me today.  Assume.  Things are progressing and she is following up for me.  We just went over all the things we had to and what we need to do.

Artie,

Do not want to comment on your posting for fear of giving misinformation, or being a cynic, but I understand your thoughts.  Its the Case manager that after she puts in the paperwork, has to keep probing.  If she does not follow up, the system is not designed to see you thru.  Politely ask for an update suggesting things to your case manager.  I try and do as much work for them in advance as I can do, it helps.  Then theirs the appeal board or Obsbusman.  But that causes red flags and very big walls around your files.

Good luck in your endeavours, and anything I can do, I will help.
l read somewhere cm s have as many as 33 clients each...I wonder if they treat them all the same

Back to top Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)  Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by peep Thu 23 Aug 2018, 18:21

My new Case Manager drove up to my house from out of town to see me today. Assume. Things are progressing and she is following up for me. We just went over all the things we had to and what we need to do.

Artie,

Do not want to comment on your posting for fear of giving misinformation, or being a cynic, but I understand your thoughts. Its the Case manager that after she puts in the paperwork, has to keep probing. If she does not follow up, the system is not designed to see you thru. Politely ask for an update suggesting things to your case manager. I try and do as much work for them in advance as I can do, it helps. Then theirs the appeal board or Obsbusman. But that causes red flags and very big walls around your files.

Good luck in your endeavours, and anything I can do, I will help.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Thu 23 Aug 2018, 16:28

Artie I agree about the CMs. I honestly think some CMs just don't know how to go about things and some just don't care or a mix. Mine was awesome. Told me to apply so I did doctor's reports went directly back to her to get that board of people together to approve DEC. All that happened in 5 business days of receiving the doctor's reports. 3 weeks later supplement was approved. To me the system can move quickly it just needs competent caring people and things can be done in a timely manner.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2018, 14:08

peep wrote:Yes the VAC snail is moving uphill in January.

Now that I have CIA......finally!!!!  Please understand this is not my first rodeo!

The new Dr report will go first to Ottawa, then Halifax where it will be loaded (most likely not in ordinal form) on VAC site, but in a site, veterans cannot see and a red flag sent to my Case Manager.  Then if my Case Manager feels it has enough weight, she calls for a special board to meet and they discuss my case.  (there first meeting on me was in 2012, I think they're working on a pension).  Then if they approve the Dr paperwork, they will give me a change of status from Riverdancing contortionist to DEC.  then when the VAC snail paperwork settles, my Case Manager will submit a written request to Halifax for a CIA supplement.  Once Halifax looks at me again......there averaging 7 months turn around......they will enter me on the VAC site as CIA Supplement, then they will send the approval to finance.........and after that, I will get a snail mail letter saying my VAC site has changed and to go to it, plus it will show me the new supplement value and backdating.

Did anyone have to pause, and come up for air???

I was medically submitted for PIA by Dr and Case Manager, then later CIA since 200!.  A case manager and medical always approved me to the VAC required levels, but it never made it all the way past the bureaucratic levels, and once being denied on a technically.  3 Case Managers disappeared, and 9 Dr's moved away from the City. VAC office closed 2 times.  And I had a VAC lady that hated me because I travelled to Belize for a few months everytime my wife went in for cancer treatments and she could not keep me for wondering off lost.  And hated me, even more, when I told her I had spoken to our SISIP lawyer when we were originally trying for SISIP and I was a Zero Sum.  Anyone remember those days lol.  I lived in Cold Lake, and I get a letter to see her in Edmonton in 3 days to talk about my home care $$.  Its -55c outside, I am not allowed to drive and Edmonton is 3 1/2 hours away (I posted about that somewhere here).  There are no such things as home visits here or at least for me.   But she wants me to see her in Edmonton, not Cold Lake.  I could not make the appointment, so my groundskeeping/home money was frozen and my VIP was cancelled!  I was never told, but as a result, I get a letter that my PIA application was denied because I am no longer on VIP.  My Case Manager was removed and my Dr moved away.  So I started a new application.....my CIA approval was my 4th.

My end result was to move from Cold Lake to another CITY and WOW.  Instead of my VAC being frozen 2 times and cancelled once, I was doubled and they gave me all the back money Cold Lake had frozen.  My 5 pensioned conditions, that had never been reassessed are now being reassessed.  I was instantly approved for ELB (once approved in 2008 but nothing was finished) approved for attendance allowance, had Case Manager visits, nurses, was able to hire a live-in foreign Care Giver partially funded by VAC, they are sending me marijuana with high CBD (way too much, can't use it but Trudeau must be happy).  Basically, my income has tripled, I now have help and my family can get back to there lives, and many more things are being done.  I've even had carpenters sent by VAC here to look at my house for aids for me.  And I even got VAC to apply pressure to DND to give me the lost paperwork so I could finally get a house tax rebate and veterans licence plate.  Yes, it took me 10 years after a medical release to get a licence plate.  Believe me, I forcefully tried when coherent.  Oh, and they paid me to travel far to a pain clinic!!!  never know they paid for travel before, and I tried.

Question is, will my CIA be backdated to when I applied the fourth time in Feb or much earlier!

Not winning, just want to pass on that there is light at the end of the tunnel.  In my case, I just moved to a new location, that did things from scratch and wright.
what I'm getting from all of this, is that regardless of a vets injuries, if your CM doesn't have your back you're screwed. I applied for CIAS ,but since my CM and l dont see eye to eye the application will probably go no where

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Thu 23 Aug 2018, 11:58

Yes the VAC snail is moving uphill in January.

Now that I have CIA......finally!!!! Please understand this is not my first rodeo!

The new Dr report will go first to Ottawa, then Halifax where it will be loaded (most likely not in ordinal form) on VAC site, but in a site, veterans cannot see and a red flag sent to my Case Manager.  Then if my Case Manager feels it has enough weight, she calls for a special board to meet and they discuss my case.  (there first meeting on me was in 2012, I think they're working on a pension).  Then if they approve the Dr paperwork, they will give me a change of status from Riverdancing contortionist to DEC.  then when the VAC snail paperwork settles, my Case Manager will submit a written request to Halifax for a CIA supplement.  Once Halifax looks at me again......there averaging 7 months turn around......they will enter me on the VAC site as CIA Supplement, then they will send the approval to finance.........and after that, I will get a snail mail letter saying my VAC site has changed and to go to it, plus it will show me the new supplement value and backdating.

Did anyone have to pause, and come up for air???

I was medically submitted for PIA by Dr and Case Manager, then later CIA since 200!.  A case manager and medical always approved me to the VAC required levels, but it never made it all the way past the bureaucratic levels, and once being denied on a technically.  3 Case Managers disappeared, and 9 Dr's moved away from the City. VAC office closed 2 times.  And I had a VAC lady that hated me because I travelled to Belize for a few months everytime my wife went in for cancer treatments and she could not keep me for wondering off lost.  And hated me, even more, when I told her I had spoken to our SISIP lawyer when we were originally trying for SISIP and I was a Zero Sum. Anyone remember those days lol. I lived in Cold Lake, and I get a letter to see her in Edmonton in 3 days to talk about my home care $$.  Its -55c outside, I am not allowed to drive and Edmonton is 3 1/2 hours away (I posted about that somewhere here).  There are no such things as home visits here or at least for me. But she wants me to see her in Edmonton, not Cold Lake.  I could not make the appointment, so my groundskeeping/home money was frozen and my VIP was cancelled!  I was never told, but as a result, I get a letter that my PIA application was denied because I am no longer on VIP.  My Case Manager was removed and my Dr moved away.  So I started a new application.....my CIA approval was my 4th.

My end result was to move from Cold Lake to another CITY and WOW.  Instead of my VAC being frozen 2 times and cancelled once, I was doubled and they gave me all the back money Cold Lake had frozen.  My 5 pensioned conditions, that had never been reassessed are now being reassessed.  I was instantly approved for ELB (once approved in 2008 but nothing was finished) approved for attendance allowance, had Case Manager visits, nurses, was able to hire a live-in foreign Care Giver partially funded by VAC, they are sending me marijuana with high CBD (way too much, can't use it but Trudeau must be happy).  Basically, my income has tripled, I now have help and my family can get back to there lives, and many more things are being done.  I've even had carpenters sent by VAC here to look at my house for aids for me.  And I even got VAC to apply pressure to DND to give me the lost paperwork so I could finally get a house tax rebate and veterans licence plate. Yes, it took me 10 years after a medical release to get a licence plate. Believe me, I forcefully tried when coherent. Oh, and they paid me to travel far to a pain clinic!!! never know they paid for travel before, and I tried.

Question is, will my CIA be backdated to when I applied the fourth time in Feb or much earlier!

Not winning, just want to pass on that there is light at the end of the tunnel.  In my case, I just moved to a new location, that did things from scratch and wright.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Thu 23 Aug 2018, 11:20

You still have to meet the medical criteria before they move on to those subsections. If you don't meet the medical criteria then the subsections don't matter. Do note come April 1 2019 those subsections will be gone and only the medical criteria will remain.

Teager
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2018, 10:49

czerv wrote:peep, if I am not mistaken, you need to be DEC before you get supplement (CIAS)

l think it's rare to get but not impossible, if you read the entire policy there are sub sections with ...or...or...or...if you fall into one of those categories technically you could apply, get approval would be a different matter

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Wed 22 Aug 2018, 14:41

peep, if I am not mistaken, you need to be DEC before you get supplement (CIAS)

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 22 Aug 2018, 13:40

Good to hear Peep
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Wed 22 Aug 2018, 09:58

Approved!!!!!

Took forever. The 3rd application was Feb 2nd and Just approved class 3. Now Dr has done his job already for a supplement. Hope that does not take another 7 months. I applied for that also Feb 2nd. Just heard they just ent the paperwork to the Dr.

And the snail mill goes on.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Tue 10 Apr 2018, 19:55

Ok thanks. All of my applications have showed up in the tracking including when I first applied CIA.

Teager
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Tue 10 Apr 2018, 18:57

mine never showed up in tracked apps. It showed up in Current Benefits. The app tracking is garbage.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Tue 10 Apr 2018, 18:43

Teager. Mine never ever showed up. Still not there

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Tue 10 Apr 2018, 18:40

Anyone know what the average wait time is for the CIA/Supplement form to show up under the tracked forms in my vac? I know they say several days but it's been 8 days and nothing and I made sure the form was indeed submitted.

Teager
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Thu 29 Mar 2018, 19:07

I applied for CIA in sept 2916 and was denied , reapplied and denied and on 26 March 2017 I appealed at 2nd level appeal and on 17 April 2017, I received a letter thru Canada post confirming my appeal. In July I won the appeal and CIA payments started. In Jan 2018, I was approved for DEC and CIA supplement and payments started to be deposited. For some reason today 29 Mar 2018 in my secure VAC I received the email from 2nd Appeal level dated 17 April 2017advising me that the appeal would take 12 weeks. Also received a privacy form authorization to return. Not sure why I received the email a year later. Someone poking around my file

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next