Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I HAVE SOME INFO AND A REQUEST

+2
peep
Teentitan
6 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

I HAVE SOME INFO AND A REQUEST Empty Re: I HAVE SOME INFO AND A REQUEST

Post by oldsailor Thu 06 Dec 2012, 11:01

Hey Peep. What a great idea. Let make a new subject and call it "Help We Are Canadian Vets" Let see how big and how many volunteers we can get, and it could be lot of fun.

oldsailor
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Thu 06 Dec 2012, 09:09

OK I have thought it thru and the only way we are going to have our voice heard and actions taken to our benifet is to make a Vet one of these.

OK who is in!

Are we not fearless solders Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LX153eYcVrY#!
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 21:26

I have heard this figure from a variety of people, I was told say your total retro including interest is 10000 , after you pay lawyers fees and court costs and income tax , you will have 6000 take home. Who knows but a number of I would call reliable people have told me this, who knows what to believe or when this on-going saga will end

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 21:18

Hey Navrat,

60% in pocket, what does that mean?

I see it in two lights, 60% in pocket where that is how much of what we get back is left for after. Which could mean lets say we are owed 10000, well if they do notional top up and such that brings the total to 16,666.67and then they take out the 30% for lawyers and the 30% or so for taxes then you are left with 60% of 16,666.67 which is then the 10,000 that you were originally owed. Which if you think about it, this then gives you an actual benefit of 30% (damages or intrest or whatever you want to call it) because taxes are already taken out.

Or it could be the worst case scenario where we get 60% of the original owed which would be 6000. This is the highly unlikely in my opinion, since it is worst case scenario and I dont htink Peter would be saying positive, positive, positive unless there was better than the 6000 of 10000 originally owed.

Last edited by backsilver on Wed 05 Dec 2012, 21:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : takes changed to taxes)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 18:43

I am positive I will not be totally happy with the final settlement but also positive I will be in better shape than 5 years ago. The worst part about this is yes...gov lost and there should be no negotiations but simply a review of files with back pay,damages and interest to follow with legal fees paid by gov. Unfortunately when 2 sides negotiate there is give and take, I just hope very little is taken. Hope for the best prepare for the worst.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 18:35

Well the law firm has stated no legal fees and no damages, so what the hell can be so positive about it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 18:31

Can't back up a mood, its just easier to remain positive and hope peter's statement rings true, if not i will be first in line to start pinging up the chain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 18:24

I don't think the law firm or the GOC realize that if they keep saying very very very positive and they don't deliver , nobody is going to take this settlement. If very very very positive is just return of offset plus interest, to me that's not very very very positive. Back up your words, and why am I continuing to hear 60 percent in pocket and that's what a member of parliament heard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 18:23

awww memories. No matter what we will always have complainers. Give a sailor or soldier 1094 good meals in a year and he will only remember that 1095th meal that was not so good. Things sound positive people, let's just wait and see what transpires and stop pinging off each other. As for the 8 week comment i am staying positive and thinking peter meant that 8 weeks from now we will have funds we are desperately owed in hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Wed 05 Dec 2012, 16:53

but it was a very very positive meeting cyclops
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 16:52

Last edited by Greatfoot on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 21:40; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 05 Dec 2012, 14:14

Well, if they don't have the coin to pay right now, what they should do is pay everyone for the initial 24 months they owe, as well as full retro for everyone that have already been confirmed as fully reinstated, like Navrat. The rest of the retro for zero sum clients can be paid as their files get approved. I know it isn't the best option, but it's better than holding up all the money until they can afford it.

But, I'm feeling positive. If the approval hearing is scheduled for 14th of Feb, they cannot wait up to 8 weeks to get us the proposal package. That would not allow for the required 30 days for us to write the Judge. But 8 weeks from yesterday would encompass the original approval date (14th Jan) and then allow a few weeks to pay out the settlement. Only time will truly tell, since the lawyers are being quiet.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 14:03

recon just spitballing but it kinda looks pritty close to that now buds.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 13:18

I would like to know what, very,very,very, positive means? I still stand by my sources , 60 percent in pocket once legal fees and income tax paid, everyone has a different view of what is positive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 13:09

Hey propat ,

maybe you're right just 6 wk's from april .01 , Justice Barnes gives final judgement according to the Court Docket's

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next