Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VA REFUSING TO PAY FOR SENSORS USED WITH FREE STYLE LIBRE

2 posters

Go down

VA REFUSING TO PAY FOR SENSORS USED WITH FREE STYLE LIBRE Empty Reply with quote Report post to moderator or adminVA REFUSING TO PAY FOR SENSORS USED WITH FREE STYLE LIBRE Empty Re: VA REFUSING TO PAY FOR SENSORS USED WITH FREE STYLE LIBRE

Post by rcsigsqc@gmail.com Wed 06 Jul 2022, 12:03

Many thanks for your help. I will surely question your indicated sites. BTW I have VIP coverage Group A 2,3,5,6,10,13.. I have a problem with the woman who is Manager Medical Authorization Centre - Phamarcy She refused to authorize the Glucose meter Free Style and the sensor. She claimed I had not proven that needles I use to prick the end of my fingers 7 times a day or more if my sugar levels fall below 4. Many times I am between 2 and 4. I have been doing this for close to 50 years.
It's time I call the VA ombudsman. I'll keep you posted

RCSigsqc
AR

rcsigsqc@gmail.com
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2020-08-31

Back to top Go down

VA REFUSING TO PAY FOR SENSORS USED WITH FREE STYLE LIBRE Empty Re: VA REFUSING TO PAY FOR SENSORS USED WITH FREE STYLE LIBRE

Post by Kramer Tue 05 Jul 2022, 13:37

rcsigsqc@gmail.com wrote:Hi fellow vets,

I am just  wondering if anyone has succeeded in getting VA to pay for the subject item.  I am diabetic use insulin 5+ times or more if required per day.  This entails pricking my fingers every time  I tried over a year to get VA to supply me with the Freestyle but it was refused.  I bought my own and tried to get VA to pay the sensors but the nurse said to continue pricking my fingers.  I am now 85+ and my fingers are sore and very sensitive with rheumatism.    Does anyone know a different channel to obtain the sensors?  Right now I am using my Army insurance they pay 80% and I end up paying the other $46.00.
VVV
Moe Ledoux

I am sorry you are experiencing difficulty with VAC. I am not a diabetic so I know next to nothing and am not able to offer much either. I do not know if you qualify or have qualified for the "Treatment Benefit Program" or if you have have a VAC healthcare card? If you do qualify and or have a card, have you sought assistance/direction through the Veterans Ombudsman or Bureau of Pension Advocates?

I did do a quick search and am providing a few links that could be of interest.

"POC 7 - MEDICAL SUPPLIES

Provides coverage for medical and surgical equipment and supplies normally used by an individual in a non-hospital setting.

Medical supplies are those items that are essential to effectively monitor or treat an illness or injury, are primarily used to serve a medical purpose and generally, not useful to a person in the absence of an illness or injury."

https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/health-support/physical-health-and-wellness/medical-costs/coverage-services-prescriptions-devices/programs-of-choice#poc7

https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/financial-support/medical-costs/treatment-benefits/poc_search/results?poc=07&prov=ON&key=diabetic
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2015-03-19

rcsigsqc@gmail.com likes this post

Back to top Go down

VA REFUSING TO PAY FOR SENSORS USED WITH FREE STYLE LIBRE Empty VA REFUSING TO PAY FOR SENSORS USED WITH FREE STYLE LIBRE

Post by rcsigsqc@gmail.com Mon 04 Jul 2022, 13:43

Hi fellow vets,

I am just wondering if anyone has succeeded in getting VA to pay for the subject item. I am diabetic use insulin 5+ times or more if required per day. This entails pricking my fingers every time I tried over a year to get VA to supply me with the Freestyle but it was refused. I bought my own and tried to get VA to pay the sensors but the nurse said to continue pricking my fingers. I am now 85+ and my fingers are sore and very sensitive with rheumatism. Does anyone know a different channel to obtain the sensors? Right now I am using my Army insurance they pay 80% and I end up paying the other $46.00.
VVV
Moe Ledoux

rcsigsqc@gmail.com
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2020-08-31

Back to top Go down

VA REFUSING TO PAY FOR SENSORS USED WITH FREE STYLE LIBRE Empty Re: VA REFUSING TO PAY FOR SENSORS USED WITH FREE STYLE LIBRE

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down